The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove "rare" Jawagram

JPryde

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I was really tempted by the new items in this pack, but Jawagrams are the worst, and the fact that they are one time use and rare is just insulting the people who are spending real money on packs, hoping for something worth the effort. Hope this thread gets attention!

I agree. I haven't opened many packs, and have been pretty lucky with those that I have, though to have a silly consumable item take up a "rare" slot is just ridiculous. They are fine additions to cartel packs, but to have them in the same category as highly desirable mounts and armor is somewhat insulting.

Well no more packs for me. Maybe they will learn if people stop buying them...

This is about the only way, we can change anything. Deny them the only thing they want from us... money.

I used to buy 3-5 packs of each new cartel packs, just for fun. I stopped that because of a "rare consumable".

I do not mind the little lottery that the packages always are, but I am not willing to accept a blank and that is exactly, what jawagrams are to me.

I also will refuse to buy ANY more crates until they fix what you get inside them. I said it before and I'll say it again, Jawagrams? Really? Lvl 50 crafting items? Really? I even feel the extra emotes are pretty useless. Recoloring armors and calling them new...lazy and lacks imagination.

Suggestions:

1. Make more UNIQUE speeders. Keep them super rare in packs.

2. Come up with UNIQUE armor. (not that recolored stuff)

3. Add more Credit Boom chances.

4. Remove Jawagrams from packs or make them NOT take up a rare/super rare spot.

5. Create Double XP boosts.

6. Remove the bound timer on items you do get in the packs. Terrible idea to have those on in the first place.

How about you (BW) give the customers what WE want not what you wish to waste eveyone's RT money with? I do realize that this will fall on deaf ears (BW), but had to say it anyway.

I have stated it in another thread of my creation but I am adding it here. Until Jawagrams and Exp boosts are removed from Cartel packs I will not buy another one. The reason is that I bought a Hypercrate x24 of the new Vice Commandants packs and got 7 rares out of the lot that were not either jawagrams or Exp boosts. That is ridiculous. I spent About $60 cash on those 24 packs and the value of what I got amounted to less than 1 million credits once it is sold on the GTN. This is terrible. Fix it Bioware!

Dancer outfits do need to go along with changing jawagrams. Its the reason i don't buy them anymore , way too much filler nonsense.

And there weren't even any dancer outfits in the 2 latest packs.

It's very simple, people. They want to keep some sense of rarity to certain items. So those items drop from only ~2 percent of the boxes.

Now, what to do with the other 98 percent?

Well, there's some more nice and desirable stuff to throw in, but...

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A LEAST DESIRABLE ITEM TO FILL THE LAST COUPLE OF PERCENTS!

If it wasn't the Jawagram that's least desirable, it would've been the Covert armor pieces (plenty complaints about those too)

If the covert armor pieces were taken out as well, people would complain about the relaxed items from the latest set

Take those out as well, and people will complain about the Thull armors

Take out the Thull armors, and people will complain that Thana's auxillery armor pieces drop too often.

Untill every single pack only drops the one thing nobody complained about (yet).

Great idea to give people some sense of exclusivity when opening their box and find a Cartel Decadent Skiff or whatever is topping the desirability charts, yet again. Also a great way to get people to buy more than one pack. NOT.

So, as much as I hate getting 2 jawagrams in one pack as well (happened only once to me, out of 2 hypercrates), there will ALWAYS be things in those packs that you're not particularly fond of. And chances are, that those things are slightly more common than the items you're really after.

I'd really like to see an update to the Jawagrams, making them bound after use, but re-usable, so whoever received the thing from another player can watch it again and again and again. But they definitely serve their purpose as a filler.

I'd really like to see an update to the Jawagrams, making them bound after use, but re-usable, so whoever received the thing from another player can watch it again and again and again. But they definitely serve their purpose as a filler.

That's really the only beef I have with them, that they are one use items - whereas all the other "useless" items that you've listed are at least permanent rewards.

I even prefer the little stupid bouncing balls. :D

Edited by Callaron

Maybe I can interest a few people to comment on my other suggestion in this section of forum...

Cartel Flea Market

In short: Allow all cartel items to be exchanged for cartel commendations and let all cartel items be buoght for these commendations at obvious high but still reasonable prices.

If e.g. A revans Mask would cost 2000 comms, I would "only" need to colecct 2000 jawagrams and be done with. The useless items would then be given a small value as compared to their current total filler status.

While "rare" Jawagrams are annoying, I'd like to see something done with rep tokens once you're capped out on cartel rep. I think having a vendor (or listing on an existing cartel vendor) that exchanges these tokens at varying rates depending on quality for cartel certificates would be a welcome addition. Perhaps 10:1 for green tokens, 5:1 for blue and 3:1 for artifact tokens. In this way, at least you could eventually get something you wanted for one of your characters instead of paying real cash for a jawagram, useless rep token and some crafting materials that might have been usefull 6 months ago. Edited by althene

We all want this jawagram garbage to go, there is only one way it will happen... we all have to stop buying cartel packs. I am refusing to buy ANYTHING from the CM until this is properly addressed, I support business and making profits, but I do not support "ripping off" people to do it. Edited by Themanthatisi

Maybe I can interest a few people to comment on my other suggestion in this section of forum...

Cartel Flea Market

In short: Allow all cartel items to be exchanged for cartel commendations and let all cartel items be buoght for these commendations at obvious high but still reasonable prices.

If e.g. A revans Mask would cost 2000 comms, I would "only" need to colecct 2000 jawagrams and be done with. The useless items would then be given a small value as compared to their current total filler status.

I liked your idea.... I do think BW has another plan. By making us have lots of junk in packs, that are not easily sold, they force us to need more cargo and since the in game price for bay 3 and beyond is expensive, they figured we would now need to buy bays with CC...

/signed

I'm generally satisfied with what's been added, but I don't give a flying fig about the jawagrams >< if we HAVE to have them, at least make them sellable - and if nothing else lower them to the useless junk rating... I'd rather have more companion relationship booster or crafting junk than MORE jawagrams ><