The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove "rare" Jawagram

JPryde

Greetings,

I do not mind the existance of Jawagrams in itself, even though from a roleplayer perspective, they are 100% useless garbage.

What I do mind however, is that I yesterday opened a smugglers pack (320 CC) and got not a single permanent item, but just 2 Jawagrams... one of which with the golden symbol of being a "rare".

Sorry, but I do not care, how rare that jawagram is, handing out an item, that is gone on being used is not rare, it is a rip off.

Please remove the rare status of all jawagrams and let them be the worthless goodies, that they are. Nice to have, but easy to forget.

I cannot imagine, what the MagicTG players would do, if a booster would hold a rare card, that is destroyed on being played, regardless how good it is.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most idiotic in cartel pack are dancer's clothes. GTM is full of this useless stuff, people are trying to sell them even for 50 credits. I have destroyed some of them and still have more than 20. In almost every pack I opened there was one female clothes. How stupid.

if (gender == male)

dont_include_this_:confused:_ever();

else

i_do_not_think_women_would_like_it_either();

Just delete this and reward/re-compensate those, who received this :confused:

Edited by Ksenus
misspell

Yes, in my opinion Jawagrams should be bronze-quality, not silver. There are other silver items which are far more valuable. No one will pay as much for a consumable.

This :< I hate it when I get them in my packs.

Edited by Orlesian

I have to agree the fact you cant even sell those thign when you dont want them is a bit irrittating, jawagrams are useless on the whole

I've miraculously managed to sell most of mine; some for even up to 40k, but most of them are generally useless and I've ended up having to shell most of the ones I've had off for a measly 5k or less. It does a quick 3 second animation and disappears shortly after...people don't want to spend a lot of money on that.:rak_04:

Why not simply make the gold jawagram re-usable? Maybe bind it to character upon use, but add a little something extra to it.

That would at least change its status from "worthless garbage" to "something I don't want, but okay".

Honestly, most of the stuff from the cartel packs is obviously just a filler. Noone in their right mind would buy a cartel pack with the intent to get some javagrams or some clothes that are a dime a dozen on the market. Then again, if those were not existing as fillers, they would suddenly be rare again and demand would be higher... tricky situation.

Personally I would love, if a cartel package would indeed be like a collectible card game booster. You are guaranteed to get a rare, an uncommon and some junk. In many stores selling such 15card boosters for MagicTG for example, you will see player rip open the booster, briefly look at the top three cards, then examine the 4th from top and completely ignore the 11 other (the order of boosters is 3x Uncommon, Rare, 11x Common).

Taken over to SWTORs cartel packs, this would be:

3 Common Items:

Anything consumable, including all jawagrams, balls, xp-boosts, crafting material

1 Uncommon Item:

most clothes, emotes, weapons, color crystals and some other non-consumable stuff, which however is NOT the marketing seller of the package.

1 additional Uncommon OR rare:

if uncommon, same as above, if rare: fancy clothes (revans mask, nihilus mask), rare gliders (emperors throne, etc.)... this would be the marketing item and the main reason to buy a package.

This way, you are guaranteed to get a persistent item and you still only got a slim chance to find the one rare item, that you really want and you do never feel cheated out of your money, cause the socalled "rare item" was a hoax.

I obviously can only speak for myself, but if the cartel packages were designed like this, I would be more likely to actually spend some money on them. As long as they remain with a good chance of "Haha, you got a jawagram as the one rare item !", I will spend my monthly sub-CCs and surely not a single one in excess of that.

Why not simply make the gold jawagram re-usable? Maybe bind it to character upon use, but add a little something extra to it.

I'd be fine with this. Reusable Jawagrams might make them worth something and I would be tempted to actually use them instead of trying to sell them off.

I'd be fine with this. Reusable Jawagrams might make them worth something and I would be tempted to actually use them instead of trying to sell them off.

I could live with it if they did that, I'll store my useless consumable for the time being.

Not to mention that I've already opened a ticket to make sure it IS in fact Bioware's intention to cheat their players like this, or whether it's a genuine bug/oversight.

I would suggest that everyone else that gets this also petitions it, and ask them to fix this.

Edited by Callaron

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i just googled jawagram because i got a "rare" one as well. i wasn't sure if it was a 1-shot deal, stayed around like the party jawa or it added a skill like the pets. the fact that you could get one as your "rare" is even worse! i think i'll hold off buying any more packs for a bit and see if they get pulled.

its kinda a raw deal, getting one of those in a pack! :mad: imo they are so silly there should just be a vendor selling them for 200-2k creds each. that way a guild or ops leader could buy stacks to send to players who went above and beyond ;)

yeah i just googled jawagram because i got a "rare" one as well. i wasn't sure if it was a 1-shot deal, stayed around like the party jawa or it added a skill like the pets. the fact that you could get one as your "rare" is even worse! i think i'll hold off buying any more packs for a bit and see if they get pulled.

its kinda a raw deal, getting one of those in a pack! :mad: imo they are so silly there should just be a vendor selling them for 200-2k creds each. that way a guild or ops leader could buy stacks to send to players who went above and beyond ;)

I noticed that at least one cantina vendor sells the "Jawagram: flowers" or something for 1k a piece - which seems far more reasonable than getting them as your "rare" choice.

I've decided to hold off on buying these packs as well, I'll wait for next batch, and this time carefully examine the announcement that lists what they contain - and if there are any more blatant rip-off items in there I won't pick up a single one of them, faction or no faction.

• 3 weeks later...