Double XP Should Be a Legacy Perk (signed)

Nellsterzzz

I feel that at legacy level 50 players should have access to a character perk that gives double xp, similar to how this past weekend had it. I think that players who have say legacy 40 or 50 DESERVE double xp. It would encourage players who have the required legacy level to roll other alts and would add a little more longevity to the game for a player. Anyone feel the same way? /sign

I wouldn't say double XP, but in EQ2, you get +10% permanent bonus XP for every max level character that you have. I would be cool with a system like that.

That's more on a reasonable level as opposed to some people thinking having multiple 50s entitles them to far more exp rate than a newbie. 2x imo will never exist outside of these weekends if we ever see them again after this pre-Makeb run.

Very bad idea with very bad reasoning. Sounds more like you want multi max levels and don't want to spend time doing it. Which tells me you'll never play them when you hit max because its too much work to get to max to much work to gear them.

If someone has Legacy 50, they have invested PLENTY of time.

Seriously. Some of us only care about end-game anyway. Playing end-game content as a different class is like playing a whole new game. If anything, it would encourage people who are sick of doing the same WZs/Raids as the same character, to continue playing on a new alt. It would also help those casual players reach end-game as well. I still know a couple people who haven't hit 50 on a single toon yet and are starting to lose interest because they can't do level 50 content.

And seriously, why are people against this? Why do you care how fast people level??

/signed

This is what should be the Legacy lvl 50 account-wide unlock (not sure about appropriate price though)

My suggestion: 10,000 cartel coins per toon or 50,000 account wide, or 10 million credits for 1 toon and 30 million for account wide. That's approximately US$363 for the account wide unlock, which is worth roughly 30 months subscription time. Which is like getting 2-3 people to buy a full subscription for a year. EA makes money, players are happy, everyone is happy except jelly guys.

I would definitely buy this immediately.

Very bad idea with very bad reasoning. Sounds more like you want multi max levels and don't want to spend time doing it. Which tells me you'll never play them when you hit max because its too much work to get to max to much work to gear them.

Exactly. I've got ten level 50s so far. None of them get played after the final mission arcs end, with the exception of perhaps a bit of tradeskilling to make gear for the newest recruit. When I'm in the mood for endgame, I play DCUO; here I'm just playing Story Mode.

Having players like me in the game pads the numbers so it's easier for people to get flashpoints and heroics done. I'm a subscriber and I make my fair share of Cartel purchases on top of that, so I contribute to the game's future. And all I really want to do is be able to enjoy the story mode of the game; I'm never the guy rolling on your gear or dragging down your PvP team. The way I see it, $15/month is plenty reasonable for this game, even if it were solo player; it's sort of like a substitute that I'm treating as if it were KotOR 3.

Do I contribute positively to the game? Yes. Do I influence anyone's endgame gameplay in a negative manner? No. What's so wrong about wanting to play characters through the story without having an interest in the gear-grind?

What double-xp did for me was allow me to level off of mostly my Class Missions, only doing maybe 1/3rd of the World Missions instead of running basically every single one. By trimming back the fat and allowing players to pick and choose the content they want to do, rather than basically require it all, there is less repetition. Less repetition means that the gameplay stays more interesting. And as long as there are interesting new options, we keep playing.

Unless they start offering Double Commendation weekends or something, this sort of thing does not affect the endgame players. The gear-grind takes the exact same amount of time; it's just the opening story that goes quicker.

Would be neat but I doubt it would ever happen.

Seems to me this weekend was a resounding success, game got a huge spice of activity. Making it permanent would just dilute that and erode the player-base as people got to 50 with little problem. Cos let's face it, 50k xp for one daily quest, obscene. And that's not even counting the xp from mobs and any bonus quests. You get close to 1/4 of one of the last levels with just one quest.

There can be too much of a good thing lol.

Edited by aeterno

Not in a million years. You deserve it? Gosh how people take something that was given as a special promotion weekend as something they deserve..

Yes I deserve it. Someone like me who has 7 50's almost 8 I should be able to get some sort of passive xp gain on any new character I decide to make. Someone above mentioned having a 10% XP gain for every lvl 50 you have which is also something I would like. I'm giving BW ideas of something that legacy level 50 should have since you know THERE AREN'T ANY PERKS for anything above legacy 20.

Very bad reasoning? I HAVE ALMOST 8 50's and I'm legacy 50 HOW IS THIS A BAD IDEA? I have 3 repub 50's and 5 imperial 50's. All the Imperial 50's are in optimized 61+ and 2 are Optimized war hero and all 3 of my repub toons are in optimized war hero. Every single toon I have finished chapter 3 story. I have spent plenty of time playing ALL my toons.

Edited by Nellsterzzz

exactly. I've got ten level 50s so far. None of them get played after the final mission arcs end, with the exception of perhaps a bit of tradeskilling to make gear for the newest recruit. When i'm in the mood for endgame, i play dcuo; here i'm just playing story mode.

Having players like me in the game pads the numbers so it's easier for people to get flashpoints and heroics done. I'm a subscriber and i make my fair share of cartel purchases on top of that, so i contribute to the game's future. And all i really want to do is be able to enjoy the story mode of the game; i'm never the guy rolling on your gear or dragging down your pvp team. The way i see it, $15/month is plenty reasonable for this game, even if it were solo player; it's sort of like a substitute that i'm treating as if it were kotor 3.

Do i contribute positively to the game? Yes. Do i influence anyone's endgame gameplay in a negative manner? No. What's so wrong about wanting to play characters through the story without having an interest in the gear-grind?

What double-xp did for me was allow me to level off of mostly my class missions, only doing maybe 1/3rd of the world missions instead of running basically every single one. By trimming back the fat and allowing players to pick and choose the content they want to do, rather than basically require it all, there is less repetition. Less repetition means that the gameplay stays more interesting. And as long as there are interesting new options, we keep playing.

Unless they start offering double commendation weekends or something, this sort of thing does not affect the endgame players. The gear-grind takes the exact same amount of time; it's just the opening story that goes quicker.

exactly.