Unicorn Stampede Offical Hate Thread Plz Make Sticky

oLoSteR

Im calling it your fault cause you should know that there is an 85% chance the pug who you made guard node because you are too scared to wouldn't call inc. I mean seriously if you cared aboot winning you or one of ur guildies would guard. Period. I mean if your scared to then by all means keep blaming the pug. If you need lessons on how to solo guard I will be on my Sorc Syck'syyde all day tomorrow.

Jenna'syyde

Okay, so now it's our fault that the pugs suck on the server? A pug that doesn't call inc is also a pug that won't focus dps, won't peel for a healer, and won't spam taunts even as a dps at mid. The premise here is to put a meat shield with a form of communication at the easy node, so instead of him soloing someone inc, he can just call for help and we'd rotate, while keeping a successful group of dps and heals together. Basically, useless pugs are useless no matter where they are, so putting them in a spot that should have less of an impact on the fight is a natural move. Until they don't call inc and die in 2 gcds or get sap capped because the used their stun break on a mez.

I'm not scared to guard, and it happens to me like 50% of the time. If we have a decent comp, or a double premade with other guilds that know what they're doing, i'll gladly roll to snow or west on NC and sit there till somebody comes. But, when I somehow do more dps in full tank gear than most pugs on my team, and put up 150-200k protection, while actively peeling and cc'ing targets and focusing enemy players down, I'm going to be 1000% more effective with a group compared to sitting at a node for the whole game, that they may not attack.

You guard on a sorc? Hurr durr sorcs are only good for heals and you gimp you team by not being mid and healing them. See what i did there?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are some players in the guild that do care and play to win, but how can you care and still group up and be guilded with a good half the guild that doesn't care.

Cause in general the guys who don't care about winning are utterly hilarious to play with :p

Okay, so now it's our fault that the pugs suck on the server? A pug that doesn't call inc is also a pug that won't focus dps, won't peel for a healer, and won't spam taunts even as a dps at mid. The premise here is to put a meat shield with a form of communication at the easy node, so instead of him soloing someone inc, he can just call for help and we'd rotate, while keeping a successful group of dps and heals together. Basically, useless pugs are useless no matter where they are, so putting them in a spot that should have less of an impact on the fight is a natural move. Until they don't call inc and die in 2 gcds or get sap capped because the used their stun break on a mez.

I'm not scared to guard, and it happens to me like 50% of the time. If we have a decent comp, or a double premade with other guilds that know what they're doing, i'll gladly roll to snow or west on NC and sit there till somebody comes. But, when I somehow do more dps in full tank gear than most pugs on my team, and put up 150-200k protection, while actively peeling and cc'ing targets and focusing enemy players down, I'm going to be 1000% more effective with a group compared to sitting at a node for the whole game, that they may not attack.

You guard on a sorc? Hurr durr sorcs are only good for heals and you gimp you team by not being mid and healing them. See what i did there?

You're assuming that your pug is going to do something right, while jenna is not. A bad pug dps at middle is much less harmful to a team than sending a bad pug alone to take a node, that's the gist of the argument.

Did twice last night. Both wins. And I have many of times solo guarded on my Sage & DPS Commando. Why because I want to win.

Jenna'syyde

he does solo guard a lot on his sage. and he's not dumb about it. he obviously calls incs. I mean...I can burn him on the vg, but not before help arrives. you can't be stupid about it, but sages can be effective as any other non-stealth guard in regs.

You're assuming that your pug is going to do something right, while jenna is not. A bad pug dps at middle is much less harmful to a team than sending a bad pug alone to take a node, that's the gist of the argument.

My fault, for thinking someone could type like ten characters into ops chat. I`m sorry for assuming a pug is so amazingly good that they could let me know when being attacked. God, I could multibox a toon over there and play mid and it`d do a better job at defending and calling incs than some people.

My fault, for thinking someone could type like ten characters into ops chat. I`m sorry for assuming a pug is so amazingly good that they could let me know when being attacked. God, I could multibox a toon over there and play mid and it`d do a better job at defending and calling incs than some people.

accept you already admitted to being to pansy to solo guard, so how would that work out for you.

Jenna'syyde

That is most likely true, but pugs still cannot be relied on to call incomings. Ideally, they'd have it pre-typed, but most of the time it's just a call after death.

That is most likely true, but pugs still cannot be relied on to call incomings. Ideally, they'd have it pre-typed, but most of the time it's just a call after death.

it's true. their keyboards get stunlocked by the stealth classes.

accept you already admitted to being to pansy to solo guard, so how would that work out for you.

Jenna'syyde

Not sure when i admitted this. At any rate, I'm glad you left that WZ i was in, we ended up 6-1 stomping them. I love this game.

Not sure when i admitted this. At any rate, I'm glad you left that WZ i was in, we ended up 6-1 stomping them. I love this game.

Im glad i left too. Finished my Weekly quite easily, solo guarded some nodes, healed some pugs I mean I did all the things you cant seem to do.

Jenna'syyde

Im glad i left too. Finished my Weekly quite easily, solo guarded some nodes, healed some pugs I mean I did all the things you cant seem to do.

Jenna'syyde

And somehow, my group still managed to get all our dailies and even weeklies done, as i'm sure you did to. So we end up at the same endpoint, only with different routes taken. Whats so wrong with that?

I could see Capo's 4 smashers doing them in :p Powertech is really survivable if it has reactive shield and then really dead when it is on cd.

Capo runs with 1-2 focus spec players, not 4. I'm usually the only Capo member playing focus spec.

Edited by TheCourier-

I'm talking about the ranked match 1-2 days ago with 4 smash dps, not your generally queuing strategy.

Capo doesn't have 4 focus spec players. Muldoon was running tank most of the time except Voidstar offense, and Honorof was using combat spec. Jayger and Trompson were two of the Capo members that were queued ( Jayger is a Jedi shadow, and Trompson is a gunslinger ). The other DPS player who was running ranked with Capo was Monster, who is a vanguard. I despise combat sentinel, and play either watchman or focus spec. Honorof usually plays combat sentinel.

I despise combat sentinel, and play either watchman or focus spec. Honorof usually plays combat sentinel.

tell me more.... why is that? I haven't run it myself cuz I want to master watchman first, but it seems combat is the best choice for team and single target.