Double XP weekend Fail

nope... it wasn't working at all even though i was getting close to 10k legacy xp on mission turn-ins instead of the 4.8k i normally get. I couldn't quite put my finger on why I would be getting double the legacy xp if the xp bonus was broken :rolleyes:

My feedback is this:

I had one more alt at level 39 before friday, its my 6th char. I had i think rank 4 exploration and rank 3 class mission bonus from legacy and + major boost for all. I got to 49 around saturday late night. I didnt push it as i was crafting with my others chars many hours. On sunday after noon got to 50.

I felt experience came too fast at least for me. Many missions gave 30k+ experience. Exploration gave around 5k+ each new area discovered. I totally skipped doing any bonuses because i was getting levels faster than planet level range was ment to be. I skipped corellia as whole and only did class story missions and went to ilum 49 and half to 50.

Ilum dailys gave so much and i was 50 in no time.

I think i overstacked the bonuses + 200% boost.

Overall time invested was worth for me as i have done all republic side story missions so skipped the conversation and regular missions on one planet completely, After doing them 4-5 times it gets really boring.

Edited by Divona

OP must be thinking of a different weekend and is confused or something, prob wasn't using an xp boost either, I took a Sorc from 20-37, a Jugg fom 23-31, a new Commando to 13 just on the starter planet and 3 levels on my scoundrel in 2 WZ's, also had a buddy start a new BH on Friday night, lvl 1 after he got home from work, when he logged out last night his new BH was lvl 35, I can assure you that the double XP was working as intended.

Yeah, there's no perks that apply to planet questing except exploration or class quests turn ins. The only benefit you were getting was like having rest XP always up. Nohing changed when the event was over for you except rest XP started to be consumed again. There would have been better ways to earn XP like Flashpoints or Warzones

they should do more often! I've re-subscribe for this month just for the double xp. It's feels even faster if you start a new toon. Went from 1-18 in maybe 8h over the weekend (not in one single sitting mind you) with 1 FP and the rest just class missions. and that's 8h including running around Coruscant and the fleet for about 1h (because it was my first republic character, and i wanted to visit hehe).

now that i think about, i could have bought the legacy unlocks that increases XP....

Edited by jsmithh

I'm not defending OP but not everyone had a super duper experience with the double XP. I'm a super casual gamer and mostly play for a few hours on sat/sun mornings. I have a main and only 1 alt that i actually level which was part way into lvl 16 before this weekend. I was very excited to hear about double XP because it meant i can get some alts going and try other classes where i just normally do not have the time to get into. I think i had too high of expectations.

In my 4-5 hours of play time this weekend i only made it to lvl 18. Granted i was at the point where one chapter ended and another starts so it took a bit to finally get into the taris quests. I also had a problem with a major exploration boost which refused to debuff so i could use a major experience boost instead. It was all wonky and the cooldown and timeout kept flipping around. With this buff lasting 3 hours and me only playing for 4-5 and having used it already an hour or so in i feel cheated out of exp. I never outleveled any content, no quests ever went gray and i kept doing every side quest because i was hoping to monster level this weekend.

Next time im going to try pvp warzones and maybe some FPs and see if i can get moving faster to 50.

this is the same problem i had there is a bug going around that not all ppl got double xp while questing... even doing a WZ at lvl 47 i only got 35k XP at the end for a Win and i get that with out DxP going also for those stupid ppl going on about Rested, Rested only counts towards what you kill not quest completions... when i am spamming as fast as i can and completing all bonuses on class and planet quest and only getting 2 lvls in 4+ hours with all boosts going you tell me that is DxP working cause if not i would hate to spend i dont know 20 hours on taris to leave the planet on required lvl for next one.. oh also its states that you will neither gain or consume rested XP during the DxP well i gain Rested XP aswell while in a rest zone.. also that 200% is your base XP increase not including Stim boost and Perk boosts intotal i was supose to be getting 310% XP increase well that is what the little Orange XP bar said anyway...

this is the same problem i had there is a bug going around that not all ppl got double xp while questing... even doing a WZ at lvl 47 i only got 35k XP at the end for a Win and i get that with out DxP going also for those stupid ppl going on about Rested, Rested only counts towards what you kill not quest completions... when i am spamming as fast as i can and completing all bonuses on class and planet quest and only getting 2 lvls in 4+ hours with all boosts going you tell me that is DxP working cause if not i would hate to spend i dont know 20 hours on taris to leave the planet on required lvl for next one.. oh also its states that you will neither gain or consume rested XP during the DxP well i gain Rested XP aswell while in a rest zone.. also that 200% is your base XP increase not including Stim boost and Perk boosts intotal i was supose to be getting 310% XP increase well that is what the little Orange XP bar said anyway...

Maybe instead of complaining here on the forums after the fact you should have sent a trouble ticket to customer service DURING the fact.

Maybe instead of complaining here on the forums after the fact you should have sent a trouble ticket to customer service DURING the fact.

yeah i am going to wait for a bot response in 3 weeks time or wait for a cs rep to respond to this post in mere days and seeing if anyone else had the same problem at the same time...

now either you had the same problem or you didnt if you have no proper feedback please take your useless responses somewhere else...

Hmm not one decent post in response trolls please leave...

i spent 4 hours on taris today only doing class and planet quest and went from 32 to 34 in that time so it was BROKEN turned in a planet quest get 23k xp turned in the bonus in the drop box and get 43k xp now tell me that the double xp was working....

It's a fairly well know fact that if you do quests much lower than your actual LVL you get lower XP, the fact that you were on TARIS and got 2 lvls just goes to prove that double XP was working. Maybe next weekend you should try a planet more suited to your lvl????

So my Double XP weekend drama:

So I had to play f2p toons on 3 different servers to find one closest to where I'm located lag and all... WHY?

Because I had to wait for the mail to arrive with my security key to play my paid account...WHY?

Because I didn't have internet until that Friday!

AND?

Now that I have my Key since Monday, my internet is down!!! OH the humanity!!!!! :mad:

It's a fairly well know fact that if you do quests much lower than your actual LVL you get lower XP, the fact that you were on TARIS and got 2 lvls just goes to prove that double XP was working. Maybe next weekend you should try a planet more suited to your lvl????

Taris on Imp side bro is 32 to 36 planet...

no double xp at all was getting 489xp for a single weak target to 487 xp on same target after it respawned and i waited for the double xp to run out ****en BW and the BS crap 4 hours on taris and only gone up 2 lvls with max charactor perks and 25% xp stim and same as yesturday only getting 35K xp from turning in a Gree event dailys with xp stim max perks on a lvl 45 and even this morning with the normal ilum dailys only giving me 35k xp when there like 20k with no xp boost to begin with before the 30% from perks the 25% from stim and the double boost

??

The double xp was for the weekend only. You would not have gotten that either yesterday or today.

Normal xp of 20, with the boost you claim (combined 55% increase) figures out to exactly what you are saying is wrong, about 35k with the two boosts.

I'm thinking that you are a bit confused here, OP, but rather then ask you flew in here ranting, name calling rather then simply ask. Perhaps that is why people are laughing and trolling, they see the humor in it. ;p

Hmmm could there have been a bug? Meh.. maybe. I'm skeptical because the guildies and I zoomed through levels as it was obviously working. Doing only class quests and falshpoints I went from 1 to 41 in 2 days RL time.

Certainly could have. If the op would calm down, speak without the vitriol, explain the situation in detail, we may better understand him, but right now it does not seem to make any sense.

It didn't fail me for levels... I went from 38 to 50 over the weekend with my Sage. I was on Hoth but I skipped the Story and Class missions and did the Bonus, went back and finished the Class, then off to Belsavis where I only did the Class mission, then to Voss where I did a little bit of the Story and all the class and I dinged there.... I was way under geared as were my companions. I am now in the Tionese set working my way through Corellia and doing some dailies for credits and what-not.

Double XP worked and I am grateful.

Edited by Feluraunt

It didn't fail me for levels... I went from 38 to 50 over the weekend with my Sage. I was on Hoth but I skipped the Story and Class missions and did the Bonus, went back and finished the Class, then off to Belsavis where I only did the Class mission, then to Voss where I did a little bit of the Story and all the class and I dinged there.... I was way under geared as were my companions. I am now in the Tionese set working my way through Corellia and doing some dailies for credits and what-not.

Double XP worked and I am grateful.

Yep. I gained 12 levels on my healer just doing space missions, FPs, and story line. Did that on Saturday. Clearly could see the xp boost on every fighter I destroyed in the space missions. Normal xp with all the available boost is 10. This weekend I was yeilding 21 on every ship, 120 (doubled) on defense satellites, double on all bonuses, double on FPs, all after the standard boosts were calculated in.

If it did not work for the OP (I still think he is confused), it was a bug that he should report.

to the op:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things i have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

qft :D