quinn armor

Haltermania

Hell all,

I know quinn uses cunning and endurance. I want to set him up to be a awesome healer i was told to use more power before critical. is there any sort of armor i should look for or any other suggestions on how to make him a awesome healer

^Yes, once you hit 50 use the combat medic sets for Quinn.

If you're leveling up pre-50, you really can't go wrong with power or crit. I usually use more power than crit (on all healer companions) but I'll take whatever is available. I think the best thing to do would be always use 'skill' armorings and mods, don't use the 'patron' one's. The skill one's have more cunning than endurance, cunning adds to bonus damage, bonus healing and crit rating.

Edited by Ridickilis

Extremely bad advice given here.

^Yes, once you hit 50 use the combat medic sets for Quinn.

First of all, combat medic is the Trooper/Bounty Hunter set, which being heavy armor can't even be used by Quinn. And the mods in it if pulled out are completely useless to him, since they have Aim.

The healing set for agents is called Field Medic. However even with that, when gearing up companions, you should not use that set exclusively.

Especially when gearing up their companions through lower gear tiers (tionese/columi/rakata) you should not use pieces from one set only. First of all, companions do not benefit from set bonuses, so getting full sets is useless for them anyway. You should pick up and mix pieces from all 3 agent sets, depending which has best stats. Many of the pieces in the healing set have high endurance and low cunning, which just gives them high max health without improving their heals that much, while the equivalent piece in one of the dps sets may have low endurance and high cunning, making actually better for boosting the companion's healing power.

Also companions do not currently benefit from alacrity rating stat at all.

Edited by Eternalnight

you only confused field medic with combat medic

That's beside the main point anyway.

Let me repeat it one more time:

Using gear exclusively from one gear set is not optimal for companions. Companions do not benefit from set bonus so getting them gear from only one set is useless anyway.

Instead you should use gear with the most optimal stats, and for many slots the one with best stats is not the piece from the healing set. You need to mix pieces from all 3 sets.

Pretty much same applies to not only other healing companions but dps companions too. Tank companions being the only exception that should use items from tank set only since it's the only set with tank stats.