Star Wars: First Assault - Leaked Footage

Beniboybling

Looks awesome! But for some reason however, I feel like I have seen this before and it was just a mod to another FPS. I guess its just the weapons look.../shrug.

There was a Star Wars mod for Call of Duty 4. It was okay, but, hey, it was Star Wars!

There was a Star Wars mod for Call of Duty 4. It was okay, but, hey, it was Star Wars!

Eh just seemed to be the weapons looking different, those don't look like any I have seen. :p Unless of course, they are adding in new weapons to lore I suppose that is fine.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Eh just seemed to be the weapons looking different, those don't look like E-11s to me. :p

I'm pretty sure we were seeing different weapons other than the E-11. Either that or we are seeing E-11 variations, because the Stormtrooper weapons had a similar look to the E-11. So maybe it's like the DC-17, except for the in-combat weapon modification. I guess we'll see.

FINALLY!!!!

This game better be released. I have been waiting years for a new Star Wars shooter, and that footage looks awesome! LucasArts, please release First Assault and 1313! MORE Star Wars games!

what i realy wanted to see was a republic comando sequel.

But im guessing it wont happen. Ever.

what i realy wanted to see was a republic comando sequel.

But im guessing it wont happen. Ever.

It was canned and made into a book in the early 2000's.

===========

First Assault has been frozen along with 1313 incase people haven't realized sadly. But why it would not be a PS3 / PS4 release as well confuses me - much wider audience that way.

Edited by Eillack

*drools* this looks amazing. I hope it releases sometime, preferably soon. But it does seems to draw heavily from Call of Duty and Battlefield with that Helicopter/Imp shuttle scene, the weapon design in said scene, and the "riot" shield near the end. Part of me is saying this is a rip off and lacks originality due to those clips but another part of me is saying **** it its star wars! Edited by Diablo_Cow

Pester LucasArts to release the game, it's apparently a sort of testbed platform for Battlefront 3. They've just frozen the games under development until they sort out what direction they're taking, but make sure to remind them there's a market for this game and it'll probably be released in one form or another.

*shrug* lets face it, all strategy/shooter games have pretty much the same mechanics, just different maps, weapons, story etc. Don't expect anything new, just expect Star Wars. :D

But yeah, Gamespot also suggested that this may be a testbed for Battlefront III, not that it takes a genius to see how epically successful Battlefront III would be. :rolleyes:

*shrug* lets face it, all strategy/shooter games have pretty much the same mechanics, just different maps, weapons, story etc. Don't expect anything new, just expect Star Wars. :D

But yeah, Gamespot also suggested that this may be a testbed for Battlefront III, not that it takes a genius to see how epically successful Battlefront III would be. :rolleyes:

Too bad it got canned when it was getting close to finishing it up haha. :(

Just because its been 'canned' doesn't mean they can't bring it back. And they'd be fools not too if First Assault is successful, which it likely will be. But we shall see.

BF3 has actually faced bankrupt and studio changes multiple times, after awhile projects like that do get tossed due to how behind they become - I still want BF3 again, but at this point LA will most likely start from scratch IF First Assault does good.

- Which is iffy because it would be for Xbox Arcade instead of multi-console.... :mad: