Snipers OP as ****

Spoonstabber

is it me or as a mele class in a battle ground a level 20 sniper can ****** own me as a 43 mele class and i cant even get close to them bam stunned ok cool get out of it now its on cool down, dam another 4 second stun bam slowed, oh yes im close to them now BAM another 4 second stun and then the ****** cooldown on there stuns is less than unbreaking will = ********

ill second that. i don't know its like at level 50 but a sniper can kill me without me even hitting them once as a marauder. the only cool down i have that effective against them is force camo and even then that a 45 second cool down that easily countered by a knock back. and *** then they hit you with a 4 second stun that's long enough for them to kill me.... tell me if there's a way to counter a sniper as a mara im genuinely interested in knowing.... Edited by Ashendrak

I generally don't have a problem with the sniper, but I do find it ridiculous that some classes that don't even need all these stuns and CC's have them... what the **** is the point of rolling a rogue like class when everyone in the game has just as if not more effective CC's than you do.

Melee needs the CC's because we have to be able to stop our targets from running away from us and kiting. Seems like these classes are made even more easy by allowing them to CC you over and over so they can just keep kiting.

It's really some bad game designs going on here.

is it me or as a mele class in a battle ground a level 20 sniper can ****** own me as a 43 mele class and i cant even get close to them bam stunned ok cool get out of it now its on cool down, dam another 4 second stun bam slowed, oh yes im close to them now BAM another 4 second stun and then the ****** cooldown on there stuns is less than unbreaking will = ********

If you want to roll snipers, roll a stealth class. Snipers are a warriors worst nightmare. Sins and Operatives own them though.

Sniper/Slingers are the anti-Mara/Sent, that is to say 1v1 you should not win against them unless you are that good. Mara/Sent can whipe the floor with anything else so when 1 class has an advantage on you it is OP? L2P

maybe thats true man im getting so raped by ranged classes that im starting to think im a noob haha. but i have always played pvp in these games and its not just sniper it seems like all ranged dps have too much cc and kiting plus hey normally top damage. i know the 10 - 49 bracket may not reflect what its like at level 50 but if its anything like this then i cant really be bothered...

Edited by Ashendrak

If you want to roll snipers, roll a stealth class. Snipers are a warriors worst nightmare. Sins and Operatives own them though.

Like I said above I generally don't have a problem with a sniper , my main is an operative, I really don't have too much trouble with most classes I go up against unless they really know their ****. My point in this thread is that I think that CC's are overused in this game, well not overused, but they gave everyone a few CC's. In 2.0 i heard that the sniper is getting more buffed up, and that ops are gonna have a hard time stealthing them without being detected though. Should make for a tougher fight, hopefully doesn't turn the class into a joke, by getting popped out of stealth all the time by snipers, it's already way too easy to detect a stealth in this game.

Im playing sentinel and its not hard to get close to them with force camouflage (maybe expect for huttball map)...if I get close enough I mostly win. The royal pain in a*ss for me are the operatives. I think I really should roll one finally to learn their abilities cuz I dont know what kind of silly stuff they use but always when he puts me on the ground I already know Im done. Competent assassins are also very though to beat.

Edited by Flowerpunkt

i love lowbie pvp, but have to say that levelling the mara with pvp was the hardest class. I mean i tried at level 10 to say level 12 - 15 for a few games and the warrior was simply not viable. I had to wait until i got force camo at around 30 before i could even be competitive, so don't beat urself up too much mate.

Best levelling experience i had was with sorc strangely enough. The sorc rocked (duel spec or maddness) literally from level 10-49. pvp.

You can actually face tank most melee classes with sorc lowbie pvp as most of theirnasty abilites dont come till 45+.

Nothing more funny than been a level 30 sorc, standing toe to toe with a level 30 jugga and beating it. Ohhh the the anger i generated, vintage. If you want some fun and to watch your enemies seethe with anger, roll a sorc and go lowbie pvp.

If you're good with it you'll have half the wz chasing u down for revenge, roll cyber tech for granades and no one will be able to pin you down with your stuns, knock backs and inst ww.

the fun factor was immense, fond memories. in fact **** it i might roll another!!!

mara on other hand was a different kind of experience.

Edited by iaintoff

Yep Sniper/GS in lowbie is pretty powerful.

Especially given the wide variety of players u come up against. So many times I'm able to just free cast with some good positioning.

Many people will tab another target if they cant leap to you or pull you in.

And lets be honest, if a dps merc/commando or sage/sorc tries to go toe to toe with you its a pretty one sided fight if you have ur abilities off cd.

I approve of the name 'Spoonstabber'!

I like it so much Spoonstabber, I'll give you the best advice you will ever read on these forums - EVER:

Stop whatever you are leveling, and just make a Sniper. Leveling them at low levels is awful dull, but leveling only lasts so long. Now is a great time to switch classes because everyone is about to start the gear grind anew. Developers play Sniper so they will forever be either the top class or amongst the top classes.

I generally don't have a problem with the sniper, but I do find it ridiculous that some classes that don't even need all these stuns and CC's have them... what the **** is the point of rolling a rogue like class when everyone in the game has just as if not more effective CC's than you do.

Melee needs the CC's because we have to be able to stop our targets from running away from us and kiting. Seems like these classes are made even more easy by allowing them to CC you over and over so they can just keep kiting.

beeing stun locked to death is not funny, beeing a rogue or not.

i would love to see this level 20 sniper with so many stuns at level 20.

how many stunns you getting before ya resolve bar full?

True though in lowbie pvp snipers are really powerful but they are ment to be able to take melee's down since they "ranged dps" ad your not ranged.

seriously if your in a position where that sniper can keep seeing you come at him then ya doing it wrong and if your spending so much time trying to take one sniper down on ya own sounds like hes doing a good job keeping you busy and dpsing inbetween these many stuns a level 20 sniper has.

it's you. Snipers barely have any skills at 20. You just stink at your class, currently.

sniper is indeed a good counter to marauders.

stealth classes have good chances of killing snipers though. but beware if they manage to put distance between you.

oh and leg shot always works afaik (regardless of resolve)

Edited by macumba

What Sniper were you attacking that had two 4 sec stuns? The only CC's they have are Flash Bang and Debilitate. If you were still walking up to them (great plan by the way) you got Flash banged, which is an 8 sec mezz (breaks on damage) which you shouldn't have broken. you than continued walking up to them, which is even funnier since Unbreakable Will is the release for Inquisitors. Since you said you are melee I have to assume you are an Assassin. A stealth class walking up to a Sniper in the open. The fail is strong with this one.

This thread warms my insides.

And why I've been mostly playing my GS and Sniper since the latest FOTM cancer started spreading.

Yeah sure,RANGED classes should all be 2 second casts and have no kiting moves.Tell you what,how about we remove all pillars and other obstructions while we're at it.Melee just has it so bad.Give them 5 more ccs and halve the cooldown on nades.Happy?

Edited by biguydeadd