This is how space should be

ISDcaptain

Points for misreading haha! I never said I wanted Wow features.

More of the adhominem I see. AND ironic. I never said YOU wanted WoW features. ;)

The OP making suggestion is not an issue at all. The endless pages of ex SWG players whining about how SWTOR is not SWG is old, tired, and many times retreaded in the forum. Especially when, like you are doing, they make rude comments and adhominem personal attacks at anyone who does not agree with them.

Suggestions are good (AND they go over in the suggestions thread). Aggressive teeth gnashing and adhominem attacks on anyone who dares disagree with a worked up SWG fan... not so much.

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An exageration to be sure, but yet again wow you had to work to achieve .... go back to your Xbox troll.

Not an exagguration at all.

You make your marksman, you pick Tatooine, and you go outside Mos Eisley and shoot womp rats because all you had was a CDEF Pistol and you didn't know how to use any other pistol. So you shot Womp Rats for a few hours to be able to learn how to use another pistol.

Sometimes the womp rats won.

EPIC ADVENTURE!

You pick a Bounty Hunter in SWTOR and immediately you're in the deep ****. You're caught in the middle of a War of Ascension between two Hutt Lords. There's blaster fire in the streets. People are dying. There's gammorians, houks, Nikto, and all sorts of aliens waylaying into you.

Edited by Koyaanisqat

Not an exagguration at all.

You make your marksman, you pick Tatooine, and you go outside Mos Eisley and shoot womp rats because all you had was a CDEF Pistol and you didn't know how to use any other pistol. So you shot Womp Rats for a few hours to be able to learn how to use another pistol.

Sometimes the womp rats won.

EPIC ADVENTURE!

You pick a Bounty Hunter in SWTOR and immediately you're in the deep ****. You're caught in the middle of a War of Ascension between two Hutt Lords. There's blaster fire in the streets. People are dying. There's gammorians, houks, Nikto, and all sorts of aliens waylaying into you.

yup Easy mode engaged. Welcome to the ride, please do not have an original thought or idea, do not step outside the boundaries that have been programmed into the rida as this may cause, well nothing because we wont allow it .. IT IS VERBOTTEM TO DECIDE YOU DONT WANT TO KILL 50 OF MOB A !!! NIEN YOU MUST OBEY!!!! YOU MUST FOLLOW THE STORY WE HAVE PROVIDED FOR YOU!!! OBEY!! OBEY!!! GO BACK TO SLEEP SWTOR PLAYERS! EVERYTHING IS OKAY THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, HERE HAVE SOME CRACK POINTS, HERE LOOK FLASHY USELESS CRAP. GO BACK TO SLEEP SWTOR WE ARE IN CONTROL!!!!

Sorry that was meant for the guys down at the docks tonight .....

edit .. for those who have never watched Bill Hicks, then whatever go back to your Xbox's

http://mmodata.net/

(under the 150k-1mill chart)You can see that SWG peaked at 300k. SWTOR dropped below 1 mill subscribers but not below 500k according to EA.

Omg just choked a little on my coffee, you are giving serious credance to any figures produced by the arch liars EA?

Oh my ... we are doomed as a species

Also, at even a cursory mathematical glance, 1 mil subs would equate to $15 mil per month ... if that was the case why Freemium? Please I await your answer with baited breath.

Edited by Wekisan

Omg just choked a little on my coffee, you are giving serious credance to any figures produced by the arch liars EA?

Clearly they're lying to their investors amirite? You know there's this thing called an audit. There's a lot of reasons to commit fraud, lying about sub numbers is sort of a dumb reason to go to jail, especially since that isn't the kind of thing that gets you a bonus or keeps you employed.

Federal law under the 2002 Sarbanes Oxley Act prohibits publicly traded companies in the US from making material mis-statements about the financial (and financial related) aspects of their business to shareholders. http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/sarbanesoxleyact.asp#axzz2NAI01CCF Under SOX, they do not have to breakout numbers like subscriptions in their reporting, but if they do... they have to be materially accurate. It is a violation of law if they overstate anything having to do with revenue or expenses and since SOX corporate officers o go to prison for doing so.

Also, at even a cursory mathematical glance, 1 mil subs would equate to $15 mil per month ... if that was the case why Freemium? Please I await your answer with baited breath.

Discussed and answered many times in this forum, by Bioware, and readily available with a 2 second google search. They wanted to open the game up to a broader audience by offering multiple access pathways to the game. And the Freemium model is both popular with consumers and a great way for Bioware to do just that. It's also good for us subscribers as it brings more players into the game, as well as more revenue to fund more content expansion over time. It's a win for everyone.

Edited by Andryah

Discussed and answered many times in this forum, by Bioware, and readily available with a 2 second google search. They wanted to open the game up to a broader audience by offering multiple access pathways to the game. And the Freemium model is both popular with consumers and a great way for Bioware to do just that. It's also good for us subscribers as it brings more players into the game, as well as more revenue to fund more content expansion over time. It's a win for everyone.

Nice reiteration of the party line, but totally at odds with the methodology of F2P. I think the numerous analysis done by the trade media, and the feedback from gamers, proves that the numbers have been massaged. Federal Law or not I have yet to find a public investors statement by EA or BW that includes any numbers for SWTOR. I will however carry on looking.

Also MMOdata is not considered a public statement to investors, therefore your whole premise of those numbers being accurate by law is false. Chin chin.

Edited by Wekisan

Also MMOdata is not considered a public statement to investors, therefore your whole premise of those numbers being accurate by law is false. Chin chin.

The numbers of 1 mill to 500k aren't from mmodata.net :rolleyes:

They're from prepared comments for their first quarter 2013 financial report.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/2298254175x0x587474/a3017ec2-7f9e-4200-af7f-246d99244d23/Q1_FY13_Earnings_Script_FINAL.pdf

My comment was specific to what EA has said about subscriptions summer of last year (being under 1M but well above 500K which as chided by a forum post above), NOT MMOdata.net data. Please go back and re-read.

Please try to stay in context and stop derailing every comment that is made in the thread.

Edited by Andryah

My comment was specific to what EA has said about subscriptions summer of last year (being under 1M but well above 500K which as chided by a forum post above), NOT MMOdata.net data. Please go back and re-read.

Please try to stay in context and stop derailing every comment that is made in the thread.

I am sooo sorry, am I interfering with your derail attempt? Or maybe you would like to hate on SWG without interruption.

In a similar vein, an on topic post from you would be awwwwwwful nice.

In all seriousness, if you put up data and find it getting ripped down, acting like a 12 year old who has just had his WOW account trashed is not helping your cause. Now excuse me while I go burn down another Wicker Man in another forum.

Edited by Wekisan

I am sooo sorry, am I interfering with your derail attempt? Or maybe you would like to hate on SWG without interruption.

In a similar vein, an on topic post from you would be awwwwwwful nice.

In all seriousness, if you put up data and find it getting ripped down, acting like a 12 year old who has just had his WOW account trashed is not helping your cause. Now excuse me while I go burn down another Wicker Man in another forum.

She's been on topic since the conversation started. I'm not sure what you think you're trying to prove as everyone else here is just using facts to back up their claims.

She's been on topic since the conversation started. I'm not sure what you think you're trying to prove as everyone else here is just using facts to back up their claims.

The topic is space, not sub numbers, not hating on a game, and definitely not trying to silence those who feel that a glorified side scroller scripted story is inferior to an open world.

Then again there are many who seem to want WOW with flashy sticks. Never let it be said that the lowest common denominator isnt being pandered to. With luck Disney will see what a mess EAware have made of this and the next MMO (post EP VII) hopefully will be put in the hands of a developer who at least understands the whole of the IP rather than a quite frankly insipid series of games that had more bugs than a wildlife garden and the storyline off the back of a milk carton.

Edited by Wekisan

Incorrect sir

I loved SWG, played it till the very end

But if you recall only the die hards played game. The hate for that game was everywhere well before it shut down

Point is, SWG had a ton of fluff but it made no difference, people did not care

It's doubtful you ever played that game. Why? Had you played it, you'd know the only reason why players left and game died was because of the NGE. This is what killed the game. This why no one no longer cared.:rolleyes:

I really don't get all the anti-space nuts in here. If I wanted to play Eve, I'd play Eve. Maybe when Eve adds ground combat and character leveling, I will. In the meantime, I'd like to join the others in wishing we had more space game in SWTOR.

Besides, whatever happened to the SSSP?

Edited by Vember

I really don't get all the anti-space nuts in here. If I wanted to play Eve, I'd play Eve.

Besides, whatever happened to the SSSP?

Still going, but to paraphrase the devs "very very far off," though their statements indicate its in some form of playable alpha stage. Player guesstimates typically range from late 2014 to some time in 2015.

People are usually anti-feature X because they want those resources spent on something else.

Yea anyone that played SWG when it came out and lasted to NGE knows SWG was ahead of its time, They did stuff no other MMO has yet to do. It makes you think why cant we change the look of our ship? why cant we have color pallets? chat bubbles? image design?, better space, better crafting yea we can go on but why. I play Swtor and will for a long time but would love to see some of the simple things games start with that we dont have yet.

And yet it was total garbage.