The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Gear Sets ACCOUNT BOUND Please!

Hello can we please get the cartel cosmetic gear sets account bound, i really want to buy one but i dam right refuse to buy something for $15 that is char bound, these should be account bound so if we delete the char or switch main etc they can be reused on alts or our new mains.

$15 for something that is char bound is outrageous, so please take this advice and EA stop trying to squeeze money out of us because if you take the pi we just wont buy them at all.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by AdamChattaway

Well, they are bloody expensive, that's definitely true. And it's why I'm generally hesitant to buy or use them. I have the Outlaw set on several characters, two even on one of them, but on one of my characters, I'm rather hesitant to actually use it.

Maybe include some cost, like having to take out every single modification to switch it to Bind on Legacy, so the empty shells would be account-bound, but the second you put a (bound) modification in it, it turns character bound, untill you take the modification out again. I still wouldn't want to see such items become completely unbound after they first became bound though, it'd totally ruin the economy.

I agree with this and don't understand why it wasn't implemented this way fromt he beginning!

Customers spend money ont he item, let them beable to use it on any of their characters. Maybe they want to reroll, maybe they decided they didn't like the look of it on their one character, maybe they found a better look and so they pass it on to another character.

I see no point in buying any of those armors because of this. They are so expensive and it would be way too expensive to buy some for several of my toons. If I could transfer them, I would be more inclined to buy one. Especially since I can find similar outfits from questing ingame.

On the other hand, those who actually buy them and don't mind the price would buy less of them and just switch them on their active toons as well, so they'd get less money from those.