Story line and Gender

GrandLancer

So far, I'm playing through the Sith Inquisitor (my first character, male) and the first chapter (I felt) would have made a little more sense as a female character. But, the second has since become pretty gender neutral.

Are there any story lines that make more sense as one gender or the other?

Edited by GrandLancer
Including the gender of my character

I've played all 8 classes, here are all my picks!

Of course, just my opinion ;)

Jedi Knight: Male

Jedi Consular: Female

Trooper: Male, but either works.

Smuggler: Male, but either works.

Sith Warrior: Male

Sith Inquisitor: Male

Bounty Hunter: Male

Imperial Agent: Male, but either works.

Edited by Swissbob

I've played Jedi Knight, Sith Inquisitor and Sith Marauder through to 50 and they all worked perfectly well as a female. I've played all but Consular to varying levels and they all work perfectly well as a female. I know there are some criticisms of male characters being able to flirt with NPCs more (story related or otherwise) but nothing about the stories struck me as gender specific.

I don't think one gender works better for one or another. I never felt like I should have played as a male bounty hunter, or a female consular. You may just have your own personal vision of the character that you may realize you'd prefer as one gender or another.

Personally I thought the Smuggler worked best as a female character. The main enemy in the first chapter seems to take it so personally that you don't fall for him, and there's such a lovely moment you can indulge in when you finally confront him.

I also think a male Trooper is best. There's a particular NPC where the relationship you establish makes more sense with a male character, and she's around at more than one point in the story.

Otherwise, while there are individual moments where I think there's a difference, I don't really see any particular gender bias in the stories I've played so far.

my picks:

knight:MALE,and don't try to argue with that,the female sounds like A 12 YEARS OLD.

consular:more male,works a bit as female

smuggler:male,female

trooper:male

warrior:male

inquisitor:male,female

bounty hunter:male,female

agent:male,female

my picks:

knight:MALE,and don't try to argue with that,the female sounds like A 12 YEARS OLD.

consular:more male,works a bit as female

smuggler:male,female

trooper:male

warrior:male

inquisitor:male,female

bounty hunter:male,female

agent:male,female

Out of curiosity, do you frequently hang around with 12 year old girls?

But really, the Jedi Knight works fine as a female. So does any class, really. The romance options are rather limited for the female characters, but that's about it. As ThatGnome pointed out, there are some hilarious moments with female Smugglers, but the same holds true for any gender with any class.

It would be interesting if you could get different companions depending on your gender, like in KotOR II.