A Day in the life of a Solo Queuing Imp

Ekoado

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you from CO? If so, there you go. Factions were well balanced before Bioware decided to roll another server into JC, which massively skewed everything.

I was on CO for a few months before the server merge. Before that I was on the Fatman pvp server which had alot more of a balance to it, and before anyone says i know its a pve server but that's still no excuse.

So i know how a server balance should look, and this servers balance is just ridiculous.

But yes, I agree with you the server merge although necessary, only compounded this issue further.

I find that hard to believe as even way back then Grisha was enough of a pain in the *** to play against. I wonder how different this server might be had you and combatmedic and a few others joined infidels instead

Jailer

I was on CO for a few months before the server merge. Before that I was on the Fatman pvp server which had alot more of a balance to it, and before anyone says i know its a pve server but that's still no excuse.

So i know how a server balance should look, and this servers balance is just ridiculous.

But yes, I agree with you the server merge although necessary, only compounded this issue further.

Well, if you were on JC pre-CO, you would've been thrilled. I think any OG JC or first wave merger can attest to that.

I find that hard to believe as even way back then Grisha was enough of a pain in the *** to play against. I wonder how different this server might be had you and combatmedic and a few others joined infidels instead

I think your history is a little fuzzy. it was the exodus of infidels from swtor that killed imp pvp on CO. the influx of good imps to Watchmen and LD50 only occurred after infidels fell apart (quit or was abandoned more accurately).

on a side note, it's been my experience that players from elite guilds have a very low tolerance threshold. and losing makes them considerably worse. iunno. argue ethics all you want, but I'd rather have cm on the rep side being his version of happy than raging all over the imp side. even zab...he would talk in /say *all the time* on his assassin. not necessarily mocking his teamates. just obvious frustration at thinking you're better than this and pissed cuz you're getting your poo pushed in. in fact, he's probably the only person who talked less sh.i.t when he joined <watchmen>. lol

Edited by foxmob

I think your history is a little fuzzy. it was the exodus of infidels from swtor that killed imp pvp on CO. the influx of good imps to Watchmen and LD50 only occurred after infidels fell apart (quit or was abandoned more accurately).

I agree. those 2 issues go hand in hand.

on a side note, it's been my experience that players from elite guilds have a very low tolerance threshold. and losing makes them considerably worse. iunno. argue ethics all you want, but I'd rather have cm on the rep side being his version of happy than raging all over the imp side. even zab...he would talk in /say *all the time* on his assassin. not necessarily mocking his teamates. just obvious frustration at thinking you're better than this and pissed cuz you're getting your poo pushed in. in fact, he's probably the only person who talked less sh.i.t when he joined <watchmen>. lol

Had these elite players united on imp side... The exodus of the 2nd tier players(good but not enough to carry bads every match) probably wouldn't have happened.

Imp side got stripped bare and all us semi serious and casuals were pretty much all that was left to pick up the shattered pieces. It's no coincidence that the best imp pvp guild is also the 1b pub pvp guild. We just didnt have the base.

Are you saying that 1 person prevented you from being apart of a guild of top PVPers because you didn't want to play with him? ;-)

Apples and oranges. There was constant harassment both public and private, as well as invasion of my personal life for ammunition.

As far as Infidels, you imply I wanted to join them, not the case. From where I was sitting they were a bunch of no reputation players that had just rolled to the server. My decision to reroll came a month or more before they actually formed into anything cohesive. At the time they showed up, there was a new "Imp-pvp" guild every other week on CO, and I had fun watching them fall apart predictably, week after week. I figured Infidels was just another one.

It's funny, everyone now tells me they would have taken me now that I've rerolled, but at the time, I solo queued %80 of the time and nobody wanted a thing to do with me.

I agree. those 2 issues go hand in hand.

heh. I still remember poor nal'gorath. he was always a stalwart...even on The Courageous when pvp pops were like twice per night, he would stick it out. I honestly think he was the last of the Infidels to really give it a go. He would solo queue and just get reamed cuz he was the only one in the wz worth worrying about. I think he stuck it out for 3 or 4 weeks...maybe even 5. then he disapeared too. all of the rep migrations had already occurred. I wonder how well he would stack up to the current top tier? he was usually an anni mara. there aren't a whole lot of them around anymore, ty smash monkeys. I think chewpacara does it a bit. ah well. guess I'll have to live with being the best of the rest from mah old server. ha! to the stubborn curmudgeon goes the kingdom!

It's been my experience that players from elite guilds have a very low tolerance threshold. and losing makes them considerably worse.

I'm not going to lie, i'm guilty of this, I lose my mind when playing with people who are brain dead, but they're on both factions, people that are only looking to pew pew and can't figure out that maybe... just maybe... when i'm capping a node and my friendly healer threw a flash grenade at the only guy left alive, DONT SHOOT AT HIM.

Little things like that, I mean if you still haven't figured this out and you're valor 90+, faction doesn't even matter.

On topic now, i'm an original republic roller, since the 2nd merge things have been so easy that if Uncensored roll with a 4man premade on rep side, we barely even try, things just fall in place without giving any assignments to certain players like when we're playing on imp side.

That being said, as a tank, when playing hutt ball imp side, i've had my best and most rewarding wins, clearly made me a better player and pushed my understanding of the map/mechanics even more, but I have to bust my a** off, to pull out a W, I enjoy those games, but I can take so much of them before I want to go faceroll people.

And then i'll log into my rep toon to relief some pressure.

Playing republic is just faceroll easy, its like playing a tutorial, log imp and you've jacked up the difficulty to hardcore.

Playing republic is just faceroll easy, its like playing a tutorial, log imp and you've jacked up the difficulty to hardcore.

So true, and so eloquently put. Although I might replace "hardcore" with "D3:Inferno pre-nerfs". :-P

I will enclose "Arteriel's guide to pugging impside"

If you have 3 or more recruits or guys in bad pve gear :p /quit and save yourself the time

it’s just that simple :p

I win more than I lose

I usually bat out my weekly on Saturday afternoon, for whatever reason that's when the bad pubs play :p

TBH I wouldn’t describe most games as completive that’s, for every 20 games I may have one exciting match and its usually a hutball for whatever reason

SO. I've been predominantly solo queuing upon my return to this game after a months Hiatus and as expected this games pvp its absolutely RUINED at certain times of the day as trying to solo queue as an Imp on this server is almost unplayable and quite possibly one of the least fun experiences you can have in an MMO currently. Don't believe me? Well today I kept a log of games and although I admit this is just a small case study at the moment, I will edit this thread to update it over the next few days. These games are purely solo queues. I am a fully geared optimised to the teeth WH Operative healer for these games. Here are the results with some added info for each game:

1) Win.| Reps- 3 Bad Rep| Imps-4 Unicorn Stampede. (decisive imp win)

2)Loss.| Reps - Pugs | Imps- a 3 man full recruit awful premade.

3)Loss.| Reps - 2 Bloodline, 2 LD50 (was backfilled into this, my team were 560-570 and all on our node farming def medals when I joined) -ridiculous game

4)Loss.| Reps - 2 Einherjers, 3QQ| Imps 2 Qdodgers, 2 people in PvE gear 2 in full recruit or just less - void , teh got end , we didnt get first door.

5)Loss. Pug v Pug

6)Win.| Reps - Pugs| Imps 3 Unicorn Stampede - hutball 4-2

7)Loss.| Pug v Pug

8)Loss.| Reps - 3/4 Prime Defence| Imps - pugs. ( was backfilled into this) - they got core, we didnt get any doors

9)Loss.| Reps - 3/4 Prime Defence, 3/4Legendary | Imps- pugs (backfilled into)

10)Loss.| Reps 3 QQ, Imps - pugs ( 3 cap for most the game)

11)Win.| Reps - pugs (1 maybe 2 uncen), Imps - 2 virtus et honor, 1 unicorn. close huttball

12)Loss.| 2 man reps - 2 antiumbra, 2/3 Bad Rep| Imps - pugs

13)Loss.| Reps - 3QQ, Imps - 2 Unicorn Stampede - stomping CW

14)Loss.| Reps - 4 uncencored | Imps pugs. they spawn camped us the whole game almost.

15)Loss.| Reps -3/4 Carpo di lexi?| Imps 4 Qdodgers. Spawn camped CW

16)Loss.| Reps 2/3 Legendary, 2/3QQ | Impa pugs. 6-0 spawn camped at endzone at one point near end.

17)Win.| reps 2 PD, Imps- 2x 2man unkown guilds. decisive win vs

to date: 17 games. 4W : 13L

More to come soon...

Maybe you should just play more. This analysis hurts my eyes....i mean really you typed all this out just to say

what was i saying, damn i forgot

You got me a lil wrong.

I don't hate you lol, hates a bit strong :p

I just don't appreciate your complete disregard and lack of empathy for a problem that affects many people on this server.

And yeah, I was gonna keep doing it without your permission anyway lol :p

thats because it isnt his problem, seriously are you asking your opponent to be less of a player, maybe thats whats wrong with the Imps, if we all carried that attitude, imagine the possibilities(sarcasm). This is a MMO that means may people with many personalities, eventually they are going to collide. I dont like losing anymore than you do but its just the way it goes sometimes, we didnt seem to have a problem with it when before server mergers the Imps ruled the world pvp wise. And believe me Cates can back me up on this i have have fallen to his saber my fair share of times, it just doesnt do any good to post this nonsence, take that formula you posted, put it into a calculator for gear and learn to get better:eek:

thats because it isnt his problem, seriously are you asking your opponent to be less of a player, maybe thats whats wrong with the Imps, if we all carried that attitude, imagine the possibilities(sarcasm). This is a MMO that means may people with many personalities, eventually they are going to collide. I dont like losing anymore than you do but its just the way it goes sometimes, we didnt seem to have a problem with it when before server mergers the Imps ruled the world pvp wise. And believe me Cates can back me up on this i have have fallen to his saber my fair share of times, it just doesnt do any good to post this nonsence, take that formula you posted, put it into a calculator for gear and learn to get better:eek:

He isn't suggesting anyone be less of a player. I wouldn't want a win against someone intentionally playing under their potential. Uncensored and a few other guilds have duplicate guilds on both sides. It is a step in the right direction. If one side is weak, you drift to that side in an effort to balance the scale. No one would be less of a player.

The only thing that I see as a major difference, is the number of guilds that pvp daily.

Imps have decidedly less guilds than reps.

If I were to solo queue on rep I'd have to hope for a group or just a few from some of the rep guilds.

If I were to solo queue on imp side, I'd have to hope Uncensored was playing.

Edited by Bronaimeth

TBH I wouldn’t describe most games as completive that’s, for every 20 games I may have one exciting match and its usually a hutball for whatever reason

it's the only map where composition and cooperation trump throughput. the proudest moment of my pvp life was when our KICKBALL imp team defeated an LD50 squad in a rated hb match. we won on tie-breaker, but we were up 4-2 very late in the game. it was a tight game. but my point is that person for person, there probably wasn't one imp that you would have said, "yeah, I'll take him over the LD50 guy." that experience is all the proof I need that hb is the one place where anything can happen. if I recall correctly, we didn't have any sorc pulls either, but I can't be sure about that. intercede. intercede. intercede! toth was a god for 13 mins.

:cool:

Edited by foxmob

it's the only map where composition and cooperation trump throughput. the proudest moment of my pvp life was when our KICKBALL imp team defeated an LD50 squad in a rated hb match. we won on tie-breaker, but we were up 4-2 very late in the game. it was a tight game. but my point is that person for person, there probably wasn't one imp that you would have said, "yeah, I'll take him over the LD50 guy." that experience is all the proof I need that hb is the one place where anything can happen. if I recall correctly, we didn't have any sorc pulls either, but I can't be sure about that. intercede. intercede. intercede! toth was a god for 13 mins.

:cool:

I watched that game on cates' stream. It was very entertaining for two reasons. One, it was a well played game for both teams. Two, I enjoyed listening to a certain member make false accusations to one of the nicest guys in game just to try and justify why they lost. The same member who did such things to me, and was the ultimate reason of why I left.

Player a: well you should have been mid with force shroud ready to grab ball.

Player b: I was.

A: no you weren't. I was obviously watching you the entire match and therefore knew exactly what you were doing every second of that game.

B: I popped FS everytime it was available for ball reset. So-and-so just clicked it faster...maybe they had better latency.

A: *more disagreeing*

Riiiiiight where to start.

1) And all the good players all rerolled rep many moons ago, heck, I'm still seeing a mass exodus of pvprs to the rep side only furthering to the problem. So yes I agree with you, but having them all on one side is just stupid.

2)Aww poor. you, have you seen the stuff I've posted? That must have been tough that one example you have. the Imp roll of the dice is completely off balance and as such makes rolling an rep far more favourable to new pvprs hence the vicious cycle, see point 1

3) thats probably average for alot of people solo queuing imp.

4) I'm showing how solo queuing is broken, particularly on Imp side. this is a major problem in the game.

There's only one Moon and I'm still here Imp side :D In fact I queued for I don't even remember how many solo queues last night and only lost 1, I was even DPS for a few games.

- Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory. George S. Patton

Don't make me pull a Patton and start slapping the **** out of cowards ;)

There's only one Moon and I'm still here Imp side :D In fact I queued for I don't even remember how many solo queues last night and only lost 1, I was even DPS for a few games.

- Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory. George S. Patton

Don't make me pull a Patton and start slapping the **** out of cowards ;)

If Patton had been leading the Djiboutian army against the nazis it would be a bit more applicable here.

Coming from a player whose only ability is to stack endurance and make crappy attempts at witty humor. You were easy to kill as flak and can only seem to queue in a premade and not really do much, and this is coming from a rep player. No need to be a dick, and you least of all should talk. More skilled ppl than you in your guild.