Same gender romance: Which companion would you choose?

DarthVoi

All power to femConsular and Nadia. Maybe that romance would be more intriguing than the femConsular and Iresso romance has been.

I like Iresso, he's a great guy but their romance just didn't click. Hope there will be a nice m/m romance option for male Consulars, eventually.

My main would rather date Holiday while Tharan ain't looking than Nadia.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main would rather date Holiday while Tharan ain't looking than Nadia.
I do agree that Nadia is a type of female I find a little overworked in this game. Young, pretty, naive. I'm not into female companions though, so I'm probably a little partial.

Still, all power to Nadia and femConsular. A lot of people like this combination and I'd like to see SGR for every class and gender combination eventually. Currently, Nadia would be the only viable and realistic female SGR option unless they implement new companions down the road.

Well I haven't gotten to his betrayal yet. But yes. It's the looks. Otherwise he's kinda of a cowering ****.

I really wish I could stomach leveling a female bounty hunter so she could romance him. But I can't. I absolutely hate the voice for fem BH. I'm not big on playing female (TOR) characters in general, really.

Heh...got even further with my Sith Warriors storyline, and it had me going "*sigh*" To be fair though, I see the crew of my SW playing out way more differently than BW would ever allow in TOR :p And would require a more assertive Quinn.

And not big on thevoice actresses? Love the voice actress for my Sith Warrior. I wish she did the voice for my Jedi's!

I do agree that Nadia is a type of female I find a little overworked in this game. Young, pretty, naive. I'm not into female companions though, so I'm probably a little partial.

Well, let me put it like this. I imagine the following scene: The lights are already out, Nadia tries to fake being asleep, you're completely exhausted without getting anywhere... but still haven't quite enough and you reach once more for her. And then you hear Nadia whisper:

"Is this a part of my training? I don't get it."

"I sense... No, you'll just have to tell me."

The typical lines she always says, when she gets in the way of your mouse cursor picking up loot.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Well, let me put it like this. I imagine the following scene: The lights are already out, Nadia tries to fake being asleep, you're completely exhausted without getting anywhere... but still haven't quite enough. And then you hear Nadia whisper:

"Is this a part of my training?"

"I sense... No, you'll just have to tell me."

The typical lines she always says, when she gets in the way of your mouse cursor picking up loot.

Funny, Nadia is never in my way. Qyzen, on the other hand, that farker needs to DIE. Or at least get the F out of my way!

Funny, Nadia is never in my way. Qyzen, on the other hand, that farker needs to DIE. Or at least get the F out of my way!

The same happens to me with Corso when playing my smuggler guy, but I don't mind, I like his sexy voice and all his lines (well, the "yee haw" not so much :rolleyes:).

It's the way he responds to my captain that makes me all :o. Sometimes I click on him just to hear him talk. :p

Edited by Lent_San

The same happens to me with Corso when playing my smuggler guy, but I don't mind, I like his sexy voice and all his lines (well, the "yee haw" not so much :rolleyes:).

It's the way he responds to my captain that makes me all :o. Sometimes I click on him just to hear him talk. :p

Based on the comments in-fields I can actually enjoy Doc much better than Corso - and that while resent Doc. My knight would always reserve her best, ice-cold chiss stare for Doc while the red of her eyes glows a little warmer when Kira is around. But he's a good companion once you're in the field and out of conversation, like he drops a bit of his attitude and actually becomes serious. When it comes to Corso, he's just too boy-scout.

The number one comment I hate most of all is Mako's: "Try to be more careful." She has a knack for saying that in the most impossible situations. I.e. you find an enhancement that gives alacrity bonus, you fit it to one of Mako's customizable equipment parts, she has a little more endurance and therefore a bit more maximum health and needs to heal it up.... "Try to be more careful." And I totally adore Mako.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

This subject really needs to die. Sorry, but I see it to many times in evey area of the forms. It was in lore, suggest, and others. Seeing the same topics are getting to be very boring to see over, and over.

Maybe you should post that in the thousands of duplicate threads about Server transfers, Hood toggles, more races, you know, those ones that don't have just one thread in General, one in Story and one very dead one that comes back once a month in Suggestions.

The number one comment I hate most of all is Mako's: "Try to be more careful." She has a knack for saying that in the most impossible situations. I.e. you find an enhancement that gives alacrity bonus, you fit it to one of Mako's customizable equipment parts, she has a little more endurance and therefore a bit more maximum health and needs to heal it up.... "Try to be more careful." And I totally adore Mako.

Reminds me of Corso's "I'm dying", or worse, "Really dying here." when I can't heal him up fast enough during a fight.

Yeah, like, no pressure. :rolleyes:

Most of the times he doesn't die, because I know what I'm doing but to hear him actually say that makes me feel like I'm a terrible Smuggler for getting him into trouble all the time.

Anyways, other than that he has the sweetest lines and his voice actor is amazing. I think had SGR options been in from the start, he would have been one of them. One can only hope they'll fix that, down the line.

Maybe you should post that in the thousands of duplicate threads about Server transfers, Hood toggles, more races, you know, those ones that don't have just one thread in General, one in Story and one very dead one that comes back once a month in Suggestions.

I have.

I have.

Hmm, your post history says otherwise.

On topic, I really want DS Jaesa on the list. She is just such a perfect match for my SW. Love her voice too, I always try to make sure I am near her on my ship when I send her on missions just get my fix, lol.

^.^

You mean, so the poster can get this exact same response? :p

None at all, just not into that type of lifestyle

Ooookay then. :rolleyes:

Another companion I'd really like to see as an option is Torian. He's the type of companion I'd roll an Imp for.

And since I dislike playing Imps *cough*, this really means something.

First, my sniper would go after Kaliyo. As it was mentioned already, Kaliyo's already bi, so it's funny that she isn't available for females as a romance option.

Also, my mara would probably go for Vette, mostly because my jugg is already married to Quinn and I really don't like any customizations there are for Pierce.

And last, my gunslinger would go after Risha, because Corso hates her since she's all greedy and cold and dark-sided. xDDD (And my scoundrel is married to Akaavi)

Still, all power to Nadia and femConsular. A lot of people like this combination and I'd like to see SGR for every class and gender combination eventually. Currently, Nadia would be the only viable and realistic female SGR option unless they implement new companions down the road.

I would probably play this romance, Nadia and FemJC,usually like sweet and cute romance-arcs. Leliana, Merril and Traynor are romances that I have enjoyed playing other BioWare-games. My husband's main is a JC and he said that I would most likely like Iresso, so far he has not been wrong on which companions I enjoy.

Too bad that I only like playing female characters. When I replay a class I would prefer to be able to see a new romance doing so, which would mean a Fem-Fem-relationship in my case. We will just have to see how involved the storylines in Makeb are.

I would probably play this romance, Nadia and FemJC,usually like sweet and cute romance-arcs. Leliana, Merril and Traynor are romances that I have enjoyed playing other BioWare-games. My husband's main is a JC and he said that I would most likely like Iresso, so far he has not been wrong on which companions I enjoy.

hrrrm. That is not the same. Leliana is not remotely as dependant on you and while Traynor is dependant on - you're her superior officer and she's your secretary - she's not looking for eternal love, she's by no means innocent and you're not her mentor. Merryl on the other hand is... strange. To Leliana my Warden could look on eye level. To Traynor my Shepard couldn't as captain of the Normandy, but as a woman. To Merryl and Nadia I can't. Merryl is of course a lot worse than Nadia.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

hrrrm. That is not the same. Leliana is not remotely as dependant on you and while Traynor is dependant on - you're her superior officer and she's your secretary - she's not looking for eternal love, she's by no means innocent and you're not her mentor. Merryl on the other hand is... strange. To Leliana my Warden could look on eye level. To Traynor my Shepard couldn't as captain of the Normandy, but as a woman. To Merryl and Nadia I can't. Merryl is of course a lot worse than Nadia.

So far I haven't seen a single convo with Naida so I cannot say anything about her arc or her personality at this point. Which is how I like it, do not wish to spoil myself in advance. Getting to know the people on your ship is one of the rewards for me in playing a new class. So far the only thing I can go on is what I have heard from guildies, that it is a cute arc which is something that I generally like. I will just have to come back after I have lvl:ed one and gotten to know her myself. Perhaps I will find it completely ick! or perhaps I will see it as a loving relationship. Time will tell, have a JC on Taris. Quite a bit left until meeting Nadia but that is a different story.

Merrill stands up for what she believes in. One might not see eye to eye with her or like the path that she has decided to walk but she does so of her own accord. Since I do not know Nadia I cannot say how she is better or worse than Merrill. Especially in rivalry when Hawkes and Merril have different views on blood magic. So I would say that her chosen work is perhaps strange but I do not find the person Merrill strange or believe that any Hawke of mine would find it difficult to see her eye to eye. Going the friend-path shows less of that side of her. Guess we will just have to disagree on that point =)

I don't think Merrill's actions are driven by conviction, but rather by insecurity, by feeling shut out by everyone (even though it is she who shuts herself out) and she wants to prove everyone wrong. She takes the slightest criticism as deep personal insult and won't listen to advice about the mirror - she doesn't even want to know what it does. It's the very last thing she clings to, out of despair. I can understand the worry of the keeper regarding her and I viewed it as taking over for her, to keep a look an Merrill.

And while I think a good romantic love is just what she needs, someone to show her that there are people that do care about her, and that think that she's more brilliant and giftet than she believes herself, I won't fake love just to give her something to hold on to.

Too bad that I only like playing female characters. When I replay a class I would prefer to be able to see a new romance doing so, which would mean a Fem-Fem-relationship in my case. We will just have to see how involved the storylines in Makeb are.

I would like to see Iresso as a m/m romance option, just to find out whether that would work for me. The romance with my femConsular felt really traditional, no ups and downs, they liked each other, they clicked, they started a romance. No drama, just the Jedi Code in the way, but secretly both being devoted to each other.

In other words, it was a little boring.

Maybe with a guy, the romance would end up being a little less cliché and more interesting. I do like Iresso as a character, I've said that before, but the romance with my JC was a little underwhelming.

I would like to see Iresso as a m/m romance option, just to find out whether that would work for me. The romance with my femConsular felt really traditional, no ups and downs, they liked each other, they clicked, they started a romance. No drama, just the Jedi Code in the way, but secretly both being devoted to each other.

In other words, it was a little boring.

Maybe with a guy, the romance would end up being a little less cliché and more interesting. I do like Iresso as a character, I've said that before, but the romance with my JC was a little underwhelming.

If they did it the way most seem to want it done, wouldn't the romance be just as cliche? Or does it being M/M effect the whole no ups and downs, they liked each other, they clicked, they started a romance. No drama, just the Jedi Code int he way, but secretly devoted to each other.

Because it seems like it would be the same if we're to go with the idea that there's nothing different between SGR and OGR.