Star Wars Books?

iKelso

I've been thinking about readon some star wars books.

My interest are the most with the Jedi.

Are there books that you guys can recommend to me :) ?

That would be much appreciated!

Edited by iKelso

Pretty much anything written by Zahn or Stackpole as far as the best books IMHO. If you are looking for fun Jedi fare...

• Jedi Academy Trilogy
  • Legacy of the Force Series
  • Fate of the Jedi

I do not recommend the New Jedi Order series because I hate the Vong, but if that interests you, have at it.

Edited by TheBBP

I have read everything starting with the new jedi order and newer. I enjoyed everything through that.

I have also read the bane trilogy, the lost sith tribe series(free ebook series), and I think the thrawn trilogy as well. I am currently reading Darth Plagius and it is interesting to see the structure of how the empire slowly took form in the old republic......before the dark times.................before the empire

New Jedi Order is a great series. It seems to get as much hate as love though. Read it and judge for yourself. By all means avoid The Crystal Star. HORRIBLE book. If anything needs to be retconned out of existance it is that very novel. But NJO is a must. You have to decide for yourself if it is good or not. Don't dismiss it because some hate the enemy. Just be warned, it is a 19 book series. Then there are two e-novels, but they may be in print by now, not required reading though.

the 2 ebooks for NJO were in the back of 1 of the NJO series and 1 in the Dark Nest series if I remember correctly. They are not important to the main storyline though.

I would do the Darth Bane series because it is the beginning of the Rule of Two. Quite important for the Sith IMO. Again, the vong storyline has gotten love/hate like the above poster said, I am one of those who really enjoyed it. If you begin anywhere, I would start with NJO and go from there.

the 2 ebooks for NJO were in the back of 1 of the NJO series and 1 in the Dark Nest series if I remember correctly. They are not important to the main storyline though.

I believe it was Star by Star and Joiner King that had the two e-books.

If you're going to go wtih NJO, Vector Prime (imo) was long and boring but it does lay down the ground work for a bit of the yuuzhan vong, specifically with what they do to planets when they conquer them. It is a rather long series, I am breaking it up as I read the series.

Fate of the Jedi and Legacy of the Jedi are two series that may be of interest to you, though I personally haven't been able to read them yet, they're third on my list though.

The Star Wars the Old Republic series may be of interest too!

Though if you want to read more star wars, I'd recommend the Thrawn Trilogy as a must for anyone who'd want to read star wars, just my opinion.

Dark Empire maybe? I've not had the privilege to read Dark Empire yet either. :(

And if your gonna read Jedi stuff, it would make sense to understand how Sith culture is too (imo).

Do you like Han Solo? Are you curious about how he got the Millenium Falcon? why there're mixed feelings between him and Lando? Why he lives with a Wookie? What's the Kessel Run? Why he worked for Jabba and how he ended up owing him money?

If you are curious about any of these things, I strongly recommend the Han Solo Trilogy:

Paradise Snare

The Hutt Gambit

Rebel Dawn.

Theres still several on the works for the next couple years that look promising. Kenobi, Dawn of the Jedi, and the untitled Kemp duology to be specific.

I do expect the next Luceno novel to be tied into Episode 7 though. Hopefully a prequel released some time before the movie to get us ready and lay the foundation for the new time-line.

The Darth Plagueis book is a great read and sets up the entire prequel trilogy extremely well.

I endorse it too, though I held off saying so since its not Jedi focused. Personally I prefer dark-side/sith materiel, so Plagueis is one of my favorite books. Its also written by James Luceno, who is one of my favorite EU authors. I really appriciate how most of his work ties into the movies in ways that improve the movies themselves, filling in unanswered questions, laying foundations, and simply expanding on detail. Plagueis does this spectacularly for Phantom Menace, and really Darth Sidious's entire character as a whole.

Thanks for all the replies!

Also im realy interested in the story of revan, are there any good books about that ?

Theres a book appropriately named "Revan" you could check out.

Whether or not you think its good is subjective. Personally I didn't care much for it. It felt both rushed and somewhat dumbed down intentionally to make it more of an introduction to new fans then something really engaging for lore vets like myself. Its not terrible, its certainly readable, but its disappointing in the end.

Deceived, another swtor novel though not focused on Revan, is FAR better.

Edited by Doctoglethorpe

If you're interested in Jedi:

*Knight Errant

*Cloak of Deception

*Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

*Labyrinth of Evil

*Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (trust me, more about Jedi than you'd think)

*Coruscant Nights series

*The Last Jedi (follow-up to Coruscant Nights, read those first)

*Jedi Academy trilogy

*I, Jedi

*New Jedi Order series

*Dark Nest trilogy

*Legacy of the Force series

*Fate of the Jedi series

I actually own every book from rogue planet to apocalypse & there is a lot of great info&stories in there. You'll find that a lot of them "fill in the blanks" (ex. To truly understand vergie in the NJO series, u have to read rogue planet) if u go to your Local Barnes & noble book store , most of the books have a list of the eu books in the front. Pick a timeline your interested in & start there. Timothy Zahn. & Kevin Anderson are the best writers IMO, & revan was a decent book, but you're prob gonna be po'd by the end (spoiler alert.

..he shoulda took HK47)

Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi are really good series, though you should read Legacy of the Force first if you want Fate of the Jedi to make pretty much any sense at all. The Darth Bane trilogy is quite interesting and a good read. The X-wing series is decent for anyone who likes to read about the more ordinary people (not jedi, obviously), as is the Republic Commando series.

In my mind, the New Jedi Order series is pretty much the flagship series of the expanded universe (at least for the post-movie era), though it isnt required reading for anything else. Be warned, the NJO series is very long (19 books) and has a very dark storyline.

In my mind, the New Jedi Order series is pretty much the flagship series of the expanded universe (at least for the post-movie era), though it isnt required reading for anything else. Be warned, the NJO series is very long (19 books) and has a very dark storyline.

A part of me wants to plow through the whole series this summer.

But unfortunately its probably all going to be made "alternate timeline" once the new movies hit. So I'm hesitant to get too wrapped up in it.

revan was a decent book, but you're prob gonna be po'd by the end (spoiler alert.

..he shoulda took HK47)

I mean, really, he brings T3-M4 but not his bodyguard/assassin droid along? Drew Karpyshan has a lot to answer for.

A part of me wants to plow through the whole series this summer.

But unfortunately its probably all going to be made "alternate timeline" once the new movies hit. So I'm hesitant to get too wrapped up in it.

im currently re-reading this series for the fourth and i have gone through eight of the nineteen books in three weeks and still love this series, one of my all time favorite... somebody else stated the njo series has no relevance to the legacy series but a couple chapters due has a direct correlation to the legacy books and some of the fate of the jedi books as well.

im currently re-reading this series for the fourth and i have gone through eight of the nineteen books in three weeks and still love this series, one of my all time favorite... somebody else stated the njo series has no relevance to the legacy series but a couple chapters due has a direct correlation to the legacy books and some of the fate of the jedi books as well.

Yeah it has relevance now, but the new trilogy will be taking place around the same time, and it will be new not cover what was created in the novels. So it will no longer be canon.