Pics or it didn't happen?

Technohic

I have been in a ton of warzones and have always been of the ones to call out cheating as mostly explainable due to lag outside of a couple infamous speed hackers most of us have seen videos on; but I really am scratching my head from 3 bomb plants in voidstar and I am standing right there, see no one disarming or when I do, I see the bar stop half way when I shoot them, and spamming AOEs along with my entire team, yet the bomb disappears. 1st time, ok, maybe I didn't see it. 2nd time, I am really paying attention and it happens again and I raise an eyebrow. But 3rd time? All of us had our eyes peeled.

Is there still the hiding in door thing out there? Is it lag? I don't know. Either way I am bothered by my inability to do anything about it whether its cause I'm bad or if it was lag or voodoo. Either way. I'm just ranting. Might just be me over-analyzing, but it just doesn't play out right to me.

I saw someone glitch into the door to cap a few days ago. I'm guessing there's a similar trick to disarm. I thought they fixed it a while back, but it appears not.

It's happened to me before. After the bomb was disarmed, everyone on the team was scratching their heads. We were on it, and I mean on it. But for some, cheating doesn't exist (they're the ones doing the cheating and don't want any focus on it). To them, if you claim someone cheated then you must be a horrible player.

I truly wish Bioware would adopt a zero-tolerance policy toward this crap. If people want to cheat, hack and simply violate every aspect of the agreement in their single-player FPS then they're only hurting themselves. Here, they're hurting everyone.

I don't know that people thing cheating doesn't exist. Like I said; I have been at this for a long time, since the game came out; and that was maybe the 2nd or 3rd time ever that I witnessed first hand something that seemed very questionable. It could still very well be latency, but that would be some very extreme latency and I would think I would see some choppiness along with it, but everything was running smooth. Also for it to happen at just the right time, 3 times in a row and we are really grasping to place an explanation on it.

I wouldn't give it too much thought if it wasn't for the way I tend to run losing warzones through my head after I'm done and think about missed opportunities or things I could have done different. I'm not a young gamer anymore and have lost several steps when it comes to reaction time or pressing the buttons faster than the other guy so my only choice is to be opportunistic. I tend to not bother thinking about it when the obvious answer is my team was just terrible, or that I was leaving a lot on the table, but I didn't feel like that was it. Theres always something I feel I can do better, but I just don't see how I could have missed anything the 2nd or 3rd time.

I've seen an invisible cap on VS a couple of times - where I was looking right at the door, no-one there, it changes colour - though not three together in one warzone.

If I remember there was an infiltrate/stealth exploit way back when, and at least the last one I saw was an assassin, so it could be that stealth sometimes still bugs out. Another option is that the player got the invisible-but-for-weapon bug somehow.

Though three times in a warzone is certainly grounds for suspicion of deliberate cheating. Report them, if you got the name. Or at least game/time/server. At the least I'd guess they were exploiting getting an invisible bug.

As to POIDH, you're a rational poster who's been on the forums a while, I'll take your word for it. :)

Report them, if you got the name. Or at least game/time/server. At the least I'd guess they were exploiting getting an invisible bug.

You know, I didn't even think to just report the match. I was thinking about reporting but I had no idea who could have done it so didn't. If I see it again, I will try to just get report on the match itself and hope they can investigate. That's at least something.

I was in a Novare Coast last night, yellow team. Standing there at East watching the icon at the top of the screen start turning from yellow to purple. NO ENEMIES PRESENT. Hmm.

Ran in and Smashed, cap stopped but still no one present. Eventually someone found the guy, how he remained invisible for so long while capping and getting hit by AoEs is a mystery

I was in a Novare Coast last night, yellow team. Standing there at East watching the icon at the top of the screen start turning from yellow to purple. NO ENEMIES PRESENT. Hmm.

Ran in and Smashed, cap stopped but still no one present. Eventually someone found the guy, how he remained invisible for so long while capping and getting hit by AoEs is a mystery

NC you can still cap from inside the wall and VS you can still glitch into the door. I suppose devs did some fixes to minimize it since they're not as common as in the past but still not entirely fixed.

Most with VS appear to me to be unintentional glitching that is then exploited for a single cap or to be superman stuck in the door. 3 though as OP described sounds like obvious shady bidness.

Edited by Joesixxpack

It's happened to me before. After the bomb was disarmed, everyone on the team was scratching their heads. We were on it, and I mean on it. But for some, cheating doesn't exist (they're the ones doing the cheating and don't want any focus on it). To them, if you claim someone cheated then you must be a horrible player.

I truly wish Bioware would adopt a zero-tolerance policy toward this crap. If people want to cheat, hack and simply violate every aspect of the agreement in their single-player FPS then they're only hurting themselves. Here, they're hurting everyone.

reason fr it, is most 'hack' reports are 'jugg jumped to empty space, haxorzzz' or 'we were hitting that sentinel for 2 damage and he healed him self, immortality haxxxooorrr' or, 'PT jumped to friendly/enemy, only warriors can jump, haaxxorrrr' :(case 1 , jugg jumped to friendly stealth, case 2 undying rage + healer, case 3:pulled by sorc/PT tank can jump to enemy)... so yes, most of the time, player crying about cheaters are either not paying attention and making excuses for being capped, or not knowing classes.

ps, posting videos of cheats from december 2011 is not proof.

Last weekend I inspected an AS Vanguard on my team to check his gear (I have a PT alt). While we were in the starting area waiting for the speeder in CW he had 100% critical chance! I thought this must be some graphical stats bug and decided to reinspect later.

After capping mid I inspected him again and he had 40% critical chance.

Some minutes later I inspected him again and he had 100% again!

At the end of the match everyone had 100-200K damage and he had 500K+.

Is this some special Vanguard ability that I don't know of?!

Hopefully I will get teamed up with him again and make some pics.

There was a VS bug where you could get knocked back THROUGH the doors, and wind up on the other side. From there, disarming/planting is a breeze. I believe what the Devs fixed was the respawn glitch where the other team would respawn on the next spawn point even if the doors before it weren't blown. Attackers that got that would still need to blow the previous set of doors first, because the laser beam terminals weren't activated yet. Not sure if the KB through the doors is still possible.

As far as NC wall capping goes, it's just graphics lag, the capper is clearly out of stealth but so close to the wall that your computer doesn't draw them in right away. Their nameplate is clearly visible though, and they are targetable and hittable with AOEs that are properly placed.

Last weekend I inspected an AS Vanguard on my team to check his gear (I have a PT alt). While we were in the starting area waiting for the speeder in CW he had 100% critical chance! I thought this must be some graphical stats bug and decided to reinspect later.

After capping mid I inspected him again and he had 40% critical chance.

Some minutes later I inspected him again and he had 100% again!

At the end of the match everyone had 100-200K damage and he had 500K+.

Is this some special Vanguard ability that I don't know of?!

Hopefully I will get teamed up with him again and make some pics.

Inspection bug, it happens.. And 500k DPS is entirely possible from Assault Spec. I've done it on my AS Commado.