Rated Question?

Nickodemous

I'm commenting on the fact you said it was a good game, when in fact I felt differently.

AGAIN, what i was afraid was going to happen has. this ORIGINAL post was to try to find a happy medium between adult minded people who enjoy pvping and would like to continue to do so without such negativety weighing us down.I too am not asking anyone to not que, or pick up pugs or any of that other jazz, we just wanted an opportunity to play a good game and learn coordination within our ranks. I'm not making excuses, que-dodging or any other things my guild has been accused of, we just wish to participate without being THAT guild, "Oh hey, its Chaotic Pixels, they suck we can take them easily. I have very skilled players on my team that just need direction and a few kinks ironed out. So that being said i think what Ty was trying point out in his original post is that is anyone has any constructive help we are open to suggestions, but i will not allow us to be talked about badly for losing games that we put so much heart into. The guys in my guild are the most awesome people ever and i would not want to play this MMO with any other people:)

Edited by sabbrina

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly forget who exactly we had in which games but that sounds right. Players chose the specs that we thought would give us the best chance to win.

Not sure what claiming you won by a blowout has anything to do with this though.

We've had good games vs you guys, LD, RSB and Bad Rep.

I think he meant that he felt like we blew them out even though they won. To be honest though, it didnt feel that way to me. It felt like a very close match that you guys outsmarted us in. Having a player on your team that knew our strat didnt hurt, but I think it would have been a close game regardless.

You're actually misunderstanding me. I'm saying the game YOU beat us in. It was close on the scoreboard IIRC? But we got blown out. I'm not talking about our wins at all, but glad to see you have resorted to the "well we're better than you" attitudes.

Well sense no one wants to be honest here I guess ill be the ******e.

Reasons why 90% of the players on JC fail at PVP in ranked.

1. PVE server.

2. Star Wars! This IP attracts a lot of new mmo players that just don't have a clue.

3. COD mind set. Most people won't take themselves out of the action to help out with the objective.

4. IMO there is only around 100 players who I think are worth a damn in pvp.

5. Being able to get a solid 8 for your team is ruff. It can be a hard thing to come by.

6. LEADERSHIP! Probably the second most important thing in a team. You need your QB. So even if you get your solid eight you still need someone to lead them.

7. Team Moral. You have to like your team mates. If you gets don't get along off the field, you wont play along on the field.

8. COMMUNICATION! Is by far the most important thing in great team play. People just don't do that. I've listened to other teams play ranked and they just don't talk at all.

Until cross server ques come into this game most of you don't belong in ranked. If you think I'm wrong then prove me wrong. A lot of you guys think your amazing but really your just a novice.

As far as people saying people don't que because they don't want their rating to get lower is BS. The people with high rating are the ones that care about rating loss. The main reason is you don't want to lose. Well tuff ****. You are going to lose over and over before you start to win. If you can't take those losses and learn from your mistakes to get better then you really don't want to improve at all. IMO a lot of you guys just want to face teams worse then you or some what equal to you so you can get a win. Sounds like you would keep it that way if it was up to you.

Uncensored is always going to que as much as we can. Just understand that and accept it. DEAL WITH IT.

Here is a tip for you guys. If I was not in Uncensored and on the receiving end I would try and get as many other teams queing for ranked as much as possibly so it would lower my chances of fighting that team. Just a thought.

Some of you out there do wan't to get better and want to compete with the best. For you guys all you need to do is just drop the ego and expect to not win a match for a long time and just PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE as a team in ranked. You don't learn in regs. You learn in Ranked! Get that solid 8 guys and just grind it out.

Most of you guys will read this and be like "**** devil why would I listen to that ******e". You can do that and you will stay a bad pvp player on a bad pvp team. Very few of you will read this and understand what I'm saying and will drop the ego and ask for help. Those people who do that will get my full attention and I promise you I will help you as much as possible and your team along with it. You become better while the rest of them stay the same.

Until we have cross server ques this is what we have to deal with. So you can either QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ about it all day every day or you can step and do something about it.

Lets be real here when I say step up I don't expect any of you guys to just all the sudden get your **** together in a weeks time and start beating Uncensored. What I mean is get more teams in the que so you don't have to face Uncensored all the time.

In all honestly none of you will change or try to make this situation better. Things will stay the same. The expansion will revive the ranked scene for a bit and then it will go back to normal.

Here is a side story. When I was a little kid I really like baseball and there was this other kid around my block that was amazing at it. While all the other kids always wanted to be better then him as did I. They thought talking **** about him and practicing baseball with the other kids would get them better at the sport. I admired that kid and asked that kid if I could practice with him. He said yes and we would go outside every day and throw the ball around and teach me how to throw sliders, curve balls, ect.. . . I did that with him for a long time. Soon enough I was a better player then all the other kids who were to busy talking **** about this amazing kid instead of learning from him. That amazing kid and myself got on a traveling baseball team and won alot of games, while the other kids got to watch us collect trophies. Then I would go on to find even better players then him and coaches and just ask them questions all the time. Find new people to admire their skill to learn from and just keep practicing with these more superior players then myself. Years passed and we became freshmen in High school. We tried out for senior varsity our freshmen year. I made the team and that amazing kid who was a teenager at that point with me did not make the cut. I had eventually become better then him.

This post has probably gotten really long by now so I will just leave you with this. If you want to actually get better and want help, just ask me. I will go as far as playing ranked matches with you and help guide. For the rest of you forum warriors. Troll on. Keep talking out of your asses like you know a thing or two.

You're actually misunderstanding me. I'm saying the game YOU beat us in. It was close on the scoreboard IIRC? But we got blown out. I'm not talking about our wins at all, but glad to see you have resorted to the "well we're better than you" attitudes.

We say GG after every game against a competitive team. We also say GG when we get crushed. You guys really haven't been around in rateds long enough to know that I guess. If you are complaining about sportsmanship then wow, SWTOR's community is a lot worse than I thought...

Good post, Devil.

We say GG after every game against a competitive team. We also say GG when we get crushed. You guys really haven't been around in rateds long enough to know that I guess. If you are complaining about sportsmanship then wow, SWTOR's community is a lot worse than I thought...

No, I'm not complaining about that. I'm not complaining about a GG at all. It's good sportsmanship if people say it, and I know you guys do. I'm saying that you have resorted to the "we're better than you" attitudes on a simple misunderstanding. Which, in return really shows your true colors. Even if I was full of myself (which I'm not), why would you waste your time defending your honor when you're the best team on the server? Gloating. That's it. There's no need for it. Like I said, I respect you guys, but it's hard to when a few people have choice comments that really aren't needed.

Edited by Milly_

I'm not sure what saying GG after a match has to do with board behavior or genchat smack talk, both of which your guildies (and many many others) do plenty of.

although I do think ya'll jumped on yooni cuz you misunderstood what he was sayin. he wasn't insulting or rubbing anything in. he said the close game that they lost was only close on the scoreboard. you blew them out.

Edited by foxmob

you blew them out.

Does it matter? We recognise that PD has a competitive team going. Good for them! We are going to say GG no matter what the outcome. When we used to face LD50 on a more regular basis we would say GG no matter what the outcome and (with the exception of a few members) they would too. Did we come on the forums and ***** about it when we lost badly and they said GG? No.... because we take it as GOOD GAME and aren't paranoid about them being sarcastic....

Does it matter? We recognise that PD has a competitive team going. Good for them! We are going to say GG no matter what the outcome. When we used to face LD50 on a more regular basis we would say GG no matter what the outcome and (with the exception of a few members) they would too. Did we come on the forums and ***** about it when we lost badly and they said GG? No.... because we take it as GOOD GAME and aren't paranoid about them being sarcastic....

aaaand that fact has nothing to do with anything he posted above. s'all I'm sayin. completely unrelated.

1) slightly buzzed here

2) w/o caprica its infinite - 0

3) we had 1 rng dps (sorc, no snipers) in that novare - and considering the general lvl of comp, we had a PT tank guarding E rather and our Sin (Redek in this case) went mid

4) when you play chess...if you are playing a good opponent, if ithey know you are going to try and pull a "4 move checkmate" (pull goalie in swtor for all sense and purposes - cap knows his guilds strats) the entire "experience" as you will for you all is irrelevant

5) roxxay lol you are a noob

6) cross server ranked pvp ttw

7) smash on AH in competitive ranked is only viable option for mara/sent

8) ellipsis

90 Gucci mane didnt graduate but im a trap scholar

Edited by mitchelloliver
NC vs AH

1) slightly buzzed here

3) we had 1 rng dps (sorc, no snipers) in that novare - and considering the general lvl of comp, we had a PT tank guarding E rather and our Sin (Redek in this case) went mid

4) when you play chess...if you are playing a good opponent, if ithey know you are going to try and pull a "4 move checkmate" (pull goalie in swtor for all sense and purposes - cap knows his guilds strats) the entire "experience" as you will for you all is irrelevant

8) ellipsis

10/10. Would read again.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wGd2NtdnflY/UQ5C3j9bXOI/AAAAAAAAI9U/ErAkjFd5KBY/s1600/citizen-kane-clapping.jpg

1) slightly buzzed here

8) ellipsis

1) Drunk on Yoo-hoo

2)w/o caprica, the limit approaches 0 but never quite reaches it

3) We had a non-PD vanguard and a full seer sage healer, but we at least made sure that our shadow went to west

4) We all noticed when Powertaco and his big blue shield went scampering out of east, we just chose not to go. Also, it's really easy to tell when you pull your goalie when your goalie is..... visible

5) Roxxay, I love you *note: Direct address is set off by a comma*

6) Cross server Pazaak ghwzk (I can also make up random combinations of letters)

7) Unfortunately, the guy who carried us didn't want to go smash

8) ... That's how you ellipsis, bizn*****

9) Gucci mane did graduate because he wanted to make something of his life, by getting a degree from the University of Phoenix

Good talk :cool:

Edited by Carter_Mathis

I'm not sure what saying GG after a match has to do with board behavior or genchat smack talk, both of which your guildies (and many many others) do plenty of.

although I do think ya'll jumped on yooni cuz you misunderstood what he was sayin. he wasn't insulting or rubbing anything in. he said the close game that they lost was only close on the scoreboard. you blew them out.

I think the biggest misunderstanding comes from the outcomes of the two wz's we fought, and some typing ambiguity obviously plays a role. The first match was a Novare where PD capped south relatively quickly through a series of focus fire, since they had the meat shield tank secure east and sent the tankasin south. During the match, we reinforced west as necessary and managed to maintain control of both nodes for the entire fight. Additionally when Powertaco went strolling over to west, I typed in guild chat to ignore east, but since Cap can't read that, he went and it ended in a 100-0 triple cap.

A couple of their guys left and a couple filled in (Aux and Blunti, i think). Our group stayed the same (that full seer sage stayed full seer :/ )

We then faced again in an Ancient Hypergates and our team faced a lot more..... smashes than before. We pulled some shenanigans, they pulled some shenanigans and they ended up winning when our dps reinforcements didn't arrive quickly enough whan Cap said that he didn't have a cc break. Though the numbers were close up until then, they had an advantage on kills.

TL;DR: Some ambiguity as to whether it was said that we were stomped or that we stomped them. And I don't particularly care since they were both interesting matches and gave me plenty to think about, and attempt to spend the next 2 months convincing the rest of my guild to try some more intriguing strats.

TL;DR: Some ambiguity as to whether it was said that we were stomped or that we stomped them. And I don't particularly care since they were both interesting matches and gave me plenty to think about, and attempt to spend the next 2 months convincing the rest of my guild to try some more intriguing strats.

Which means a 1/1000 chance every week that we may attempt something? :rolleyes:

i may very well be a noob, but im a hottie rocking that body....come at me brosef, and hating me because im sexy isnt going to make you any better at life...oh and btw i killed your punk *** with my broken *** merc 2 times in civil war 2 days ago.......not to mention i typed failure into my GPS and guess what im sitting in your driveway!! what now :eek:

I liked where Redek was going with that strat....I think the Shadows should unite and say we will not node guard anymore. Let's implement a server wide SHADOW STRIKE.

What do we want TO KILL SOMEONE IN RATED

When do we want it NOW

Hobi

PD

Shadow

Edited by mhobin
bad quote

I liked where Redek was going with that strat....I think the Shadows should unite and say we will not node guard anymore. Let's implement a server wide SHADOW STRIKE.

What do we want TO KILL SOMEONE IN RATED

When do we want it NOW

Hobi

PD

Shadow

Funny i see you trying to ninja nodes more than guarding them so your point is invalid sir;)

i may very well be a noob, but im a hottie rocking that body....come at me brosef, and hating me because im sexy isnt going to make you any better at life...oh and btw i killed your punk *** with my broken *** merc 2 times in civil war 2 days ago.......not to mention i typed failure into my GPS and guess what im sitting in your driveway!! what now :eek:

Sooooooo frisky!

I'm pretty sure you mis-quoted me. :cool: