Scalene Armor - Level Requirement

Ecaj

Why is it the rep armor (Blue, Red, White) all require lv 45 to equip but the Cartel Gold set is lv 1 (not to mention no rep required)? Not holding my breath but making the rep gear lv 1 equipable would be nice.

Minimum req for doing those quests is to be level 45, and is reflected so. It is also legacy bound and faction bound.

Gold Scalene is lvl 1, and is not legacy bound or faction bound. this is in fact the offical. "im to lazy to do dailies, here is 15$" version. all respects to it, but that is true.

Minimum req for doing those quests is to be level 45, and is reflected so. It is also legacy bound and faction bound.

Gold Scalene is lvl 1, and is not legacy bound or faction bound. this is in fact the offical. "im to lazy to do dailies, here is 15$" version. all respects to it, but that is true.

Still, they could have just made it the final set to get when you get to legendary instead of throwing it in the CM. /sigh

Very true, just surprised this is the first legacy armor set from a quest line that has such a high min level to equip, just don't get why but oh well, motivation to get my scoundrel up to lv 45 sooner. :)

Faction bound ? You sure about that ? Have I miss read what you mean't ? I sent a set cross faction last night.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Very true, just surprised this is the first legacy armor set from a quest line that has such a high min level to equip, just don't get why but oh well, motivation to get my scoundrel up to lv 45 sooner. :)

None of the other legacy bound "event" armor has a level lock, which is pretty much the entire point of it. The main reason you want this stuff is for alts and particularly for their companions, because once you get the legacy / rep level up, anyone new you create can wear the stuff at level 1 (or could, if they took the stupid level lock off). There is no "reason" for it to have the (character) level req, other than they just put it on there.

Yeah, I dont understand why they made it legacy armor and a lvl 45 requirement. If it's legacy, it's meant to be able to be sent to alts who havent made it to Ilum, right? Someone who is below lvl 45, right? If they want only lvl 45 and up to wear it, then there was no need to make it legacy since the lvl 45+ toon could just go to the vender themselves and buy it.

So, I agree lower the level requirement down to maybe lvl 25 or something. I'm not expecting it to be lvl 1 like the Cartel item ha.

I'm rather glad they made the Gold Scalene set available for Cartel Credits. I sub and started playing the Gree event but after the first day, it was already such a boring grindfest I put it aside and moved on to more enjoyable aspects of the game. This is nice because I can still get a set, albeit sadly not the blue set, and give to one of my lower level toons who will look amazing in it.

I want more events like the Rakghoul Plague. Now that was a fun event! Each day had a new quest line, plus you could redo the quests from the day before to obtain more comms for gear and items. If you missed a day, no big deal, you could still do the quests from before and grab a piece of gear if you missed it. There were even WB and PvP bonuses included.

This entire faction system is just more typical MMO boring grindfest crap.

Echoing the sentiment that the level req on these is dumb.

I did the Gree Dailies almost every day with two characters and reached Champion status this week, but until 2.0 drops and the set bonuses are tied in with the mods instead of the shells, none of my eligible characters are going to wear this armor.

It would've been cool to be able to buy some and send to my leveling alts to wear in the meantime.