Swtor-rp exclusive interview

Pantaro

Hmm... this is the tricky bit isn't it. I am really really happy for the Cathar and can't wait to get to play one. But I have no interest in playing a Gran or a Trandoshan which you would like to play. Should they have kickstarters for the different species perhaps? If they were doing the Gran now I would be wondering if I should buy them or not. Lucky me I guess since I'm getting the Cathar. Wonder what would be the best way to determine which species to go after next, one way to gets feedback from other people than this forum since many players don't even go here?

And that's where I think it'll level out. You don't see oodles of posts about people who want Cathar - they know they're already getting what they want, so they wait. I can't wait to roll a Cathar BH - I wouldn't pay for Trandoshans if you gave me the money. I think it'll level out. Cathar were doing pretty well on the desired species polls before the announcement, and so if you personally hate the idea, go ahead and relax. I'm sure they'll do really well, and six months down the line it'll be my turn to complain about how much I don't want this game turning into Star Lizards.

If you run a site for Roleplayers, I would have guessed you'd ask even one or two questions about features that are exclusively important for Roleplayers and mostly ignored by anyone else. You know, rising awareness and all that.

Character profiles, sitting, chat bubbles. Bioware's take on Role Playing within their game. Stuff like that. But yeah sure let's all talk about Makeb instead.

I really loved BW's pathetic dodge ball answer to

"Are companions going to have new dialogue?"

Edited by Stradlin

I know i'm gonna get some hate for this, but here goes:

Its business. There is simply no point in them bringing out another new race, after Cathar, if Cathar does not sell. There will always be a group of people in the community who will be unhappy with something released. Doesnt mean people wont buy it, however. I dont usually play alien species (unless you count Cyborg) in game. its not a racist thing. I can just never come to a decision on how i want a particular guy to look. But Cathar i might play.

Cathar would not have been my first choice for a race (three guesses which i would have picked ;) )

I just hope it does sell well. New races could be the bit of polish this game needs to give it a new sparkle. Add that to other upcoming releases, and i think the devs are doing well. And so will this game.

Regards,

And Happy Gaming All of You :)

Edited by FreePrometheus

I know i'm gonna get some hate for this, but here goes:

Its business. There is simply no point in them bringing out another new race, after Cathar, if Cathar does not sell. There will always be a group of people in the community who will be unhappy with something released. Doesnt mean people wont buy it, however. I dont usually play alien species (unless you count Cyborg) in game. its not a racist thing. I can just never come to a decision on how i want a particular guy to look. But Cathar i might play.

Cathar would not have been my first choice for a race (three guesses which i would have picked ;) )

It a business isn't a very good logical defense ,it a crappy business logic tired of gamer using that as-sine logic to defend whatever retarded things a company does. , If I want to maximize my money I give players what they want and a majority want to ensure I get a high return , I do a poll (Not just the forum, I poll multiple places to get the best possible statistical result , in game or at the launcher) . So if some species in high demand then most likely will get higher returns from adding that species and long term profit . I don't pick a species that far t less popular even hated ,because it "Easier " then go .. well if it sales well will consider the more popular one with Some ****** pr spin !. That horrible business logic you essentially set yourself up for failure ,then use outright bribery to make up for either them being lazy or a lack of desire to invest in the game. Not to mention it hurt your long term Trust with a consumer base that want to support your product and you wonder why people hate EA , they earn the hate they get.

Not like this game is carried on the merits of the game developer , it would of died a long time ago if it hadn't had the star wars IP backing it .

Edited by OceanwaveII

It a business isn't a very good logical defense ,it a crappy business logic tired of gamer using that as-sine logic to defend whatever retarded things a company does. , If I want to maximize my money I give players what they want and a majority want to ensure I get a high return , I do a poll (Not just the forum, I poll multiple places to get the best possible statistical result , in game or at the launcher) . So if some species in high demand then most likely will get higher returns from adding that species and long term profit . I don't pick a species that far t less popular even hated ,because it "Easier " then go .. well if it sales well will consider the more popular one with Some ****** pr spin !. That horrible business logic you essentially set yourself up for failure ,then use outright bribery to make up for either them being lazy or a lack of desire to invest in the game. Not to mention it hurt your long term Trust with a consumer base that want to support your product and you wonder why people hate EA , they earn the hate they get.

Not like this game is carried on the merits of the game developer , it would of died a long time ago if it hadn't had the star wars IP backing it .

exactly,If I'm offering a product to the public I'm not gonna waste my time or money on something that i will hope will sell.I'm going for what would sell the best.

let's also keep in mind this is now a FREEMIIUM model game,not an actual FREETOPLAY game and I've never heard any subscription model MMO even question if they should add new races or not,which you pay your monthly fee and get everything not just put the best stuff on your cash shop.

Also let's not forget EA published dead space 3 and O what do you know the offline portion has a cash shop......A CONSOLE VERSION OF THE OFFLINE GAME HAS A CASH SHOP!

But yes many of you are correct it is only about business to them and that's all it's about,that doesnt make it right tho!