Dual Wield Mastery? Worth it, someone break down how this effects our attacks pls...

jaytrust

I'm so thrown off by this, not sure how much this will boost a move like zealous strike..

Anyone test this yet? Feel free to explain it with all type of abilities if you have the knowledge and know how...

EDIT TO UPDATE THREAD WITH WHAT WE HAVE CONCLUDE BASED ON BEING FORCE SPEC. Please continue to help!

I broke it down in beta.

Don't feel like logging in for exact numbers atm.

But its less then 7%. much less.

All of your force attacks make no use of it. as well as burns.

Force sweep, stasis, exhaust, bladestorm, ataru procs, etc. So when breaking down the damage, you'll note those are a good chuck of your abilities, and thus overall damage as well.

But even on a 2 weapon attack like slash, offhand is only weapon damage. it doesn't scale with stats/skills. which is why when you attack, you'll see numbers like 1000, 90. Main hand is 100% weapon+str/power+base skill damage.

30%-66%. main hand accuracy is also 90%, while offhand is 60%. so, that 30 and 66% is also being cut to .6 due to missing as well.

so using the number I came up with before, offhand is like 7% of your damage with mh vs off hand damage. .6 hit ratio- 4.2%, force attacks are about 30-40% of your overall damage depending on spec. .6= offhand damage is 2.5% of your total damage. Less if you have more force damage.

Nothing better to put point into for combat, but the other trees, its not worth it.

Great response, however 2% more damage compared to lower cost on slash is the next question that has to be compared since if you(which I am) are going Focus seems to be the choice to decide.

not even close. you live and die by focus.

In pure dps, it makes sure you have focus for damage moves, including slash. and it also makes sure you have focus for kicks, etc.

I think you are right, but being focus and trying to get a quick burst going with Zen proc set-ups where you get 6 slashes without the cost of focus really makes that refunding ability pointless unless you still get combo points even when us use the ability for free.

Anyone test this?

While in Shii-cho form with Zen active, Slash builds 1 focus per use, or 6 focus per Zen.

Thanks that answers that question now its a no brainer what talent to pick.

Edited by jaytrust

The numbers haven't been crunched yet as not enough of the spreadsheet nerds (me included) are not at the level cap yet.

In general, any ability that requires or uses dual sabers will do some type of calculation of damage from the main hand and the off hand. And in every other game with dual wielding that I'm aware of, any number of points you can put into improving the base damage factor of the main or offhand is well worth it.

So for an end game pve build this talent will be required.

Someone crunched the numbers in beta. I wish I still had the post. Anyway, all I can remember is that even spec'd for it, it only amounts to about 7% of overall damage when fully spec'd.

I don't know how accurate that is, so take that with a very large grain of salt. That said, if you plan on Combat spec, it's good for climbing the tree. For any other spec, you can skip it without any hassles.

-Kai-Lunn

I broke it down in beta.

Force sweep, stasis, exhaust, bladestorm, ataru procs, etc. So when breaking down the damage, you'll note those are a good chuck of your abilities, and thus overall damage as well.

But even on a 2 weapon attack like slash, offhand is only weapon damage. it doesn't scale with stats/skills. which is why when you attack, you'll see numbers like 1000, 90. Main hand is 100% weapon+str/power+base skill damage.

30%-66%. main hand accuracy is also 90%, while offhand is 60%. so, that 30 and 66% is also being cut to .6 due to missing as well.

so using the number I came up with before, offhand is like 7% of your damage with mh vs off hand damage. .6 hit ratio- 4.2%, force attacks are about 30-40% of your overall damage depending on spec. .6= offhand damage is 2.5% of your total damage. Less if you have more force damage.

Nothing better to put point into for combat, but the other trees, its not worth it.

I broke it down in beta.

Great response, however 2% more damage compared to lower cost on slash is the next question that has to be compared since if you(which I am) are going Focus seems to be the choice to decide.

not even close. you live and die by focus.

In pure dps, it makes sure you have focus for damage moves, including slash. and it also makes sure you have focus for kicks, etc.

I think you are right, but being focus and trying to get a quick burst going with Zen proc set-ups where you get 6 slashes without the cost of focus really makes that refunding ability pointless unless you still get combo points even when us use the ability for free.

Anyone test this?