companions high level questing

SpuaFlex

so im lvl 41 sniper questing with a tank companion. are companions supposed to be taking sooo much damage at higher levels? to where just fighting a silver or two would drain them to roughly 20% each fight? that doesnt seem right, and it wastes time when i have to rejuvenate every time after every battle. any help is appreciated.

so im lvl 41 sniper questing with a tank companion. are companions supposed to be taking sooo much damage at higher levels? to where just fighting a silver or two would drain them to roughly 20% each fight? that doesnt seem right, and it wastes time when i have to rejuvenate every time after every battle. any help is appreciated.

That is why I swap to my healer as soon as he becomes available on every class. Having to get your health back takes too much of your time away.

1.Give them better gear.

2. Build up your presence. Collecting datacrons and maxing out affection helps here. Some npc's sell presence stims.

3. Could use a healing companion, but the pace is still slow because you will find yourself having to kill everything. If you need someone to heal you while you clear strongs and normals, than maybe you need better gear.

Dps companions can help you clear trash fast. When a tank companion is well geared, he/she can solo mobs making it easier for you to pick them off. Just dismiss them and bring them back. Instant full health. Activating your speder and using rocket boots works well too.

BTW- Most people go thorugh this in Chapter 3 since the mobs are tougher.

Edited by SentinelDranoel

Wait until you get SCORPIO, gear her to the teeth, profit. I just send her in, then fire away to my heart's content. You do have to use model starship after every fight, but that's what happens when you're not getting any heals.

yeh the gear is up to date, went to the GTN and purchased some gear for my companion, seems like still they are suffering quite a bit. i have leveled an assassin (tank) to 50, and that was like 2x easier than my sniper for some reason. what is this model, starship? is that the one pet?

Its just the way it is unfortunately. Tank companions in this game don't tank very well, even if their gear is maxxed. Whereas most healing companions do actually heal reasonably well even when undergeared and become healing machines in maxxed gear.

It affects all classes, but Snipers notice it more than most because they are a pure dps class with no playstyle options such a healing, tanking, stealth or crowd control (beyond droids). If your tank companion gets in trouble there's not much you can do other than pop your cooldowns and kill or be killed.

At least outdoors you can hop on and off your speeder between fights to quickly heal your pet. Indoors you might find things go faster with Dr Lokin.

As for Kaliyo vs Scorpio, you'll often see people claim Scorpio is the better tank but I never found much difference between the two in terms of damage mitigation. Scorpio does bunch the mobs up better for aoe though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.