do you not want to see assassins be horribly and needlessly nerfed?

EatenByDistance

I rolled on a pvp server because I want to kill people whenever I feel like it, and I enjoy the feeling of having the possibility of being ganked. I however, choose not to gank people. I'll attack someone if the fight is fair (I never attack anyone lower level then me), and I don't attack them when they're fighting other stuff, and I'll let them heal up too.

A man must have a code.

I just gank the daily areas and depending on my mood I'll kill someone who is attacking things or not. Usually I tell people to call their friends after too just to incite more!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean assassins have 1 spec with different variations. No matter how you put it it's still a tankasin and the dps rotation really doesn't change between them, neither does popping cool downs, or gearing, or your utility.

Knowing how to solo node guard? really?

Knowing how to carry the huttball? really?

I play Full Deception.

Go Big or Go Home, I say. With four and a half years as a Witch Hunter in WAR, the playstyle is exceptionally similiar.

Fine, given on carrying on the huttball, but you really think solo node guarding is easy for most people? You know how many classes I've seen get capped on, regardless if it is a Shadow guarding or not. It's not as easy as you make it sound. I've seen players that have been considered really good on my server get CC capped on while solo node guarding.

Don't sit on the node and change your position every so often while trying to keep the node in sight?

If you do get sapped off the node then it's probably two people trying to cap on you so cc break, shroud, aoe taunt?

Surely you must be the one who is joking around. I've played Guardian, Vanguard, and of course Shadow. Shadow has a lot more buttons to be used than either of these classes. I acknowledge that your class Marauder has even more buttons still. I said that Shadow was harder because there are more things we need to know how to do. As a Marauder, you attack people, you kill, that is pretty much your singular purpose(and giving Predation/Bloodthirst at the correct times). Smashers and Vanguards have a few buttons they press over and over, and their objective is one thing.. to kill the enemy. Assassins had 8+ specs because they were so versatile and had so many viable specs. For those you need to know how to gear for those specs, CC cap, 1v1, dps, tank, solo node guard, be a ball carrier, etc.

I know no matter what I say though, you will think Shadow is an ez mode class to play.

More buttons =/= harder. My commando has the least buttons I have to press out of the 4 50s play, but it's definitely the hardest to do well on. I can't make any mistakes or it's GG.

More buttons =/= harder. My commando has the least buttons I have to press out of the 4 50s play, but it's definitely the hardest to do well on. I can't make any mistakes or it's GG.

Lol, mentioning commandos... Your commando is harder for a different reason. It's because Bioware hates them and has made them weak compared to the other classes. I was not suggesting that purely more buttons = harder. If you read my post, you would understand this.

I play Full Deception.

Go Big or Go Home, I say. With four and a half years as a Witch Hunter in WAR, the playstyle is exceptionally similiar.

I wish deception were actually RWZ viable. I so want to play it in rateds and not have to node guard. Love to have a 4x sin team (2 tankasins, 2 deception), op heals, sorc heals, jugg tank build, carnage mara. Yes, there is only 1 non force user on that team. AWESOME!

I wish deception were actually RWZ viable. I so want to play it in rateds and not have to node guard. Love to have a 4x sin team (2 tankasins, 2 deception), op heals, sorc heals, jugg tank build, carnage mara. Yes, there is only 1 non force user on that team. AWESOME!

The shocking thing about that team makeup coming from you is the lack of any PTs whatsoever.

Sadly I feel 2.0 Deception is even less ranked viable than live even assuming you already have node guard taken care of.

Don't sit on the node and change your position every so often while trying to keep the node in sight?

If you do get sapped off the node then it's probably two people trying to cap on you so cc break, shroud, aoe taunt?

Ok, I already do these things, but like I said I've seen a lot of people get capped on easily being CCed or simply killed, Shadow or not. Anyways, I can tell that nothing I say will change your opinion in the slightest, and nothing you say to me will change my opinion in the slightest, so I'm going to stop this pointless argument with you now.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

The shocking thing about that team makeup coming from you is the lack of any PTs whatsoever.

Sadly I feel 2.0 Deception is even less ranked viable than live even assuming you already have node guard taken care of.

PT's are currently too boss IMO. Their single target is ownage.

People say Mercs/Mandos are easy PvP classes due to our generally simplistic rotation, but the truth is, to perform well, we require A) good knowledge of other classes, their specs and how they function B) extreme positional awareness and C) the resourcefulness to use any and all abilities at our disposal to counter our opponent.

Anyway, just so I'm contributing to the topic of the thread, I'll say this: Duplicity should be restored to T1, but have it tied to Surging and Lightning charge so tanks cannot have access to it. The lack of Duplicity, along with the removal of instant whirlwind and force restoration on deathmark consumptions has broken Madness for PvP. Also, I think some of the changes to Deception are good, but they completely overhauled how the spec plays, and that's never a good idea.

well this thread was derailed on the first page by dumb people but on the bright side I have a funny quote in my signature now. whole point was to keep it bumped and draw attention to the pts thread so win win i guess though

Awesome! I made your sig by using your sig as an insult. sigception?!

People say Mercs/Mandos are easy PvP classes due to our generally simplistic rotation, but the truth is, to perform well, we require A) good knowledge of other classes, their specs and how they function B) extreme positional awareness and C) the resourcefulness to use any and all abilities at our disposal to counter our opponent.

Anyway, just so I'm contributing to the topic of the thread, I'll say this: Duplicity should be restored to T1, but have it tied to Surging and Lightning charge so tanks cannot have access to it. The lack of Duplicity, along with the removal of instant whirlwind and force restoration on deathmark consumptions has broken Madness for PvP. Also, I think some of the changes to Deception are good, but they completely overhauled how the spec plays, and that's never a good idea.

Commando/Merc is tough to play well because it has almost no tools to do anything. We'll see if 2.0 manages to change that, but if any spec needed to be changed in it's core play mechanic it was gunnery.

@Xerain: So true, and now they have hold the line and can shoot you while CCd. GG BW.

Commando/Merc is tough to play well because it has almost no tools to do anything. We'll see if 2.0 manages to change that, but if any spec needed to be changed in it's core play mechanic it was gunnery.

@Xerain: So true, and now they have hold the line and can shoot you while CCd. GG BW.

People need to abandon gunnery as a pvp spec like they need to abandon madness sin as a pvp spec.

Yeah... did that need to be base line or the ability to stop node caps while CC'ed?!

Edited by Xerain

People need to abandon commando as a pvp class like they need to abandon madness sin as a pvp spec.

Yeah... did that need to be bass line or the ability to stop node caps while CC'ed?!

FTFY =P

If commando assault didn't have such problems people would use gunnery less. I just rerolled.

I actually am interested in seeing gunnery changes in 2.0 both in PVE and PVP. Small little utility changes, dunno if it will add up to much or will put us over the edge.

Electro net on a low CD would be pretty significant.

FTFY =P

If commando assault didn't have such problems people would use gunnery less. I just rerolled.

I actually am interested in seeing gunnery changes in 2.0 both in PVE and PVP. Small little utility changes, dunno if it will add up to much or will put us over the edge.

Electro net on a low CD would be pretty significant.

IDK I feel assault was far better for the pvp's. Everyone complained that it wasn't mobile, the only thing i felt hindering mobility was powershot. Unloads first hit being the one that determines the reset just made you stop hit it and move from there.

Electro nets cd being 90 seconds is balls

IDK I feel assault was far better for the pvp's. Everyone complained that it wasn't mobile, the only thing i felt hindering mobility was powershot. Unloads first hit being the one that determines the reset just made you stop hit it and move from there.

Electro nets cd being 90 seconds is balls

It really is =/

That powershot dependence for any sort of followup was key though. That was the problem. Still is I think, but can't test it on PTS atm.

It really is =/

That powershot dependence for any sort of followup was key though. That was the problem. Still is I think, but can't test it on PTS atm.

IDK i found myself not using power shot that often, once or twice, before better things came off CD and i used those instead.

IDK i found myself not using power shot that often, once or twice, before better things came off CD and i used those instead.

You didn't use it that often because you're allergic to self rooting in warzones, and that's probably wise of you. Lower CD of Full Auto in Assault should help I think.

The big difference between PT vs Merc is that all those things a PT is doing between railshots are still decent damage and useable and part of a fluid simple performance.

Whereas with merc, well unload doesn't need to be fully channeled and you don't need to use PS all that often, and yeah now you're just kinda throwing out RS and TD and Sticky Grenade equivalent maybe whenever you can get them off cooldown and then there's that gap where you aren't being dangerous, and personally I just find that frustrating when playing that spec.

Yes that probably means I should just level a VG, but I like my big assault cannon =(

Gunnery is simple but at least you don't feel like you have your thumb up your butt 20% of the time figuring out what to do with your GCDs till you can almost kill someone again.

Well I think that I'm actually not going to retire my shadow and assassin after all. Feeding off of the tears of the kids I crush in my buffed tank spec might actually entertain me enough to not miss playing dps so much :D Prepare to feel the wrath of a player used to being UP all of a sudden becoming OP. The QQ rivers will flow.

Now that Duplicity is gone, I doubt you're going to be crushing anyone.

Now go back to guarding your node son.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

People need to abandon gunnery as a pvp spec like they need to abandon madness sin as a pvp spec.

Yeah... did that need to be base line or the ability to stop node caps while CC'ed?!

Don't worry I still plan on rocking madness for 2.0.