Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Beniboybling

Just so I get this right, you want a scenario of how G0-T0 will win if (if) his assult on Malachor doesn't pan out?

And that involves Traya going to Korriban?

Well it is a possibility, so I guess so. Or alternatively a fail-proof invasion plan of Malachor V.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am deeply confused, I fail to grasp the logic behind this argument. Warren Stride and others claim that the general underworld population want anarchy and freedom. But who's the organisation that's set up a quasi-planetary government and enforcing a semi-authoritarian dictatorship on Nar Shaddaa? The Exchange. The organisation that's turned the Refugee Sector into a military state, the organisation that seems to have a droid version of the Gestapo covering the planets surface, the organisation that's terrorizing freight ships, the organisation that's aggressively carved a chunk of territory out the moon and subjugated and destroyed anyone who has stood in their way. How exactly is the Exchange promoting anarchy and freedom? Why would anyone actually want the Exchange around?

They love freedom, however "Goto" really hasn't gone out of his way to take away their freedom either. With the Exchange running things, we're looking at some stability.

While some greedy idiots would want "Goto" taken down, smugglers would not, and any criminal with half-a-brain wouldn't want it done by an outside power. I'm not even sure BH's would want that kind of a bloodbath which would occur with a power vacuum.

Rather strangely Warren lists 'power vacuum' as a negative effect of the Exchange's downfall. And yet power vacuum effectively means, power up for grabs. All of a sudden that territory that use to belong to the Exchange now belongs whoever-get's-it-first, all of a sudden countless Exchange bases stocked full of weapons, credits etc. are vulnerable and all of a sudden the Exchange no longer have a monopoly on the Black Market.

If there were a stable government in the equation, you would maybe have a point. However, the few things the Exchange enforced were things that smugglers, BHs, etc. all approved of, and that was contract law. So, threatening to take down the Exchange means your employer (particularly if not Exchange), might choose to not pay you, and you can't do anything about it. Employers would worry that people they hired would just try to take money and run without fulfilling the contract.

Like you said, the underworld hates outsiders. And anyone outside of the Exchange is an outsider. The underworld isn't made up of one happy family, its filled with factions both minor and major all vying for power. And as for anyone else, the only thing standing in the way of, as you put it, 'an ultimate free market' is that massive criminal corporation who has a unyielding grip over said market, the Exchange. I mean, we are talking about G0-T0 here right? The guy whose yacht was blown to smithereens as soon as it decloaked, by his innumerable number of enemies? Seems to suggest the Exchange weren't exactly popular.

The Republic apparently blew up "Goto's" yacht... While other criminals may not care for him due to competition, he wouldn't be considered an outsider when compared Traya.

But we are failing to see the bigger picture here. In what scenario is Traya going to be invading Nar Shaddaa? What is an army of angry smugglers and bounty hunters going to do to prevent Traya's attacks on the Exchange? I'm not saying that there are no answers to these questions, but without answering them your points are moot.

Offhand, I'd say the smugglers and bounty hunters are likely to shoot them... Seriously, they aren't exactly the unarmed civilians of Naboo, they are all packing blasters at the very least (and are normally packing heavier firepower).

And of course there's the big question: what choice will Exchange members have if Traya threatens them with a lightsaber? Like I said if she tries to convert G0-T0's powerbase its going to be a 'join us or die' policy.

They join Traya while the lightsaber is in her face then go right back to supporting "Goto" to avoid getting blasted by an assassin droid...

The Republic apparently blew up "Goto's" yacht... While other criminals may not care for him due to competition, he wouldn't be considered an outsider when compared Traya.

Nope, that was G0-T0 various collection of enemies. Many of which may I point out, were bounty hunters. G0-T0 has a price on his head.

Offhand, I'd say the smugglers and bounty hunters are likely to shoot them... Seriously, they aren't exactly the unarmed civilians of Naboo, they are all packing blasters at the very least (and are normally packing heavier firepower).
You can't shoot what you can't see (stealth tech) and the assassins are only going to decloak when inside a Exchange base and then proceed to go on a killing spree.

They join Traya while the lightsaber is in her face then go right back to supporting "Goto" to avoid getting blasted by an assassin droid...
And will proceed to be impaled by a Force pike, this is just it, the metaphorical lightsaber will always be in their face and with one false move Traya will execute them and wipe out that section of G0-T0's powerbase and salvage any supplies or intel. Either way, she wins. Edited by Beniboybling

Nope, that was G0-T0 various collection of enemies. Many of which may I point out, were bounty hunters. G0-T0 has a price on his head.

Except the person that put the price on his head is excluded from this... Unless you're dragging Vogga and the Hutt Cartel into this, he wouldn't have a price on his head.

Additionally if you talk to people after the yatch is destroyed (the random passerby, they talk about the Republic firing on Goto's Yacht.

You can't shoot what you can't see (stealth tech) and the assassins are only going to decloak when inside a Exchange base and then proceed to go on a killing spree.

So let me get this straight, you're saying that an army of Sith can't be detected simply cause they are wearing stealth field generators...

There are actually multiple ways to detect people with stealth field generators for starters, G0-T0 could just hire guards for his bases that have keen senses of smell. Additionally there are the Gand Findsmen, and while they were pushovers against the Exile, those assassins were just as much of a pushover against the Exile as those Gand were.

Additionally the more people you have running around with stealth generators, the more likely one of them is going to get caught.

And will proceed to be impaled by a Force pike, this is just it, the metaphorical lightsaber will always be in their face and with one false move Traya will execute them and wipe out that section of G0-T0's powerbase and salvage any supplies or intel. Either way, she wins.

Then I guess they're dead, cause G0-T0 will have them killed. Seriously, she's only going to be able to pull that once or twice before G0-T0 comes up with a way to counter it.

Anyways as to Traya fleeing to Korriban, that actually would make G0-T0's job extremely easy. Begin an orbital bombardment of any man-made structure on Korriban and reduce it to rubble.

Or alternatively a fail-proof invasion plan of Malachor V.

Here's a thought: What if there's no invasion?

I mean, that really isn't G0-T0's style. He's kinda like the Malgus of KotOR II in that he sends small strike teams to do everything. We see his HKs in small groups, his Zhug Brothers in small groups, his Twin Sun (why are they still not here? :mad:) in a small group. Maybe he goes uber-stealth.

G0-T0 could easily do things in the most simple way. Move his stealthed yacht over Malachor. Launch some probes to seek things out, see what's up. Find the giant freaking hole that is the Trayus Core.

So he finds a giant hole with a platform Traya likes to meditate on. He sends down his HKs with some military grade explosives. Because Traya cannot sense them or see them, and she sure can't hear them over the storm, they pratically invisible as they make their way down the pit.

They attach the explosives to the underside of Traya's platform. They wait until she comes in to meditate. With the push of a button, BOOM! The Trayus Core falls into the planet, taking Traya with it.

Traya would be unable to sense this coming, seeing as she can't have visions of her own death. She can't sense droids. The Trayus Core is her private chamber (and even if there were others, HKs can have steealth generators). She would never expect it. She's -never- shown any sort of skill with skills such as Force Leap, and she would probably just be blown to bits in the blast. Her precog might warn her a split second before, but she's an old woman, I don't think she could get out in time.

Wow, that plan is so simple. Huh.

I mean, that really isn't G0-T0's style. He's kinda like the Malgus of KotOR II in that he sends small strike teams to do everything. We see his HKs in small groups, his Zhug Brothers in small groups, his Twin Sun (why are they still not here? :mad:) in a small group. Maybe he goes uber-stealth.

G0-T0 could easily do things in the most simple way. Move his stealthed yacht over Malachor. Launch some probes to seek things out, see what's up. Find the giant freaking hole that is the Trayus Core.

So he finds a giant hole with a platform Traya likes to meditate on. He sends down his HKs with some military grade explosives. Because Traya cannot sense them or see them, and she sure can't hear them over the storm, they pratically invisible as they make their way down the pit.

They attach the explosives to the underside of Traya's platform. They wait until she comes in to meditate. With the push of a button, BOOM! The Trayus Core falls into the planet, taking Traya with it.

Traya would be unable to sense this coming, seeing as she can't have visions of her own death. She can't sense droids. The Trayus Core is her private chamber (and even if there were others, HKs can have steealth generators). She would never expect it. She's -never- shown any sort of skill with skills such as Force Leap, and she would probably just be blown to bits in the blast. Her precog might warn her a split second before, but she's an old woman, I don't think she could get out in time.

uhhh, Sith Army that protects the Trayus Academy?

Sith Lords with Force Lightning at their disposal?

Academy Guards and Sith Troopers, all of which were far more trained and difficult to deal with than Zhug, TS, or similar trash?

As for the non-droid forces... Kreia doesn't even need to wipe them out. Why would Kreia wipe them out when he can use their insecurities against them? Colonel Tobin, Mandalore, Darth Sion (Post-exile) these are all good examples of force and non-force sensitives that were easily manipulated by Kreia to do her bidding. You're telling me that the disorganized rabble of Bounty Hunters and mercenaries would not fracture easily given Kreia's manipulative strengths?

Also, don't overestimate Droids' abilities to deal with Kreia's Sith Assassins. The HK-50 watching the Exile could do nothing to stop the Harbinger from being taken over by the Sith. Apparently he couldn't see them either. If he could do something to halt their advance, he would have because getting the Exile away from death traps like the mining facilities of Peragus was his prerogative.

Don't overestimate droids' effectiveness against Kreia either. You're talking about someone who could wield 3 lightsabers with no hands, use Force Lightning and Destroy Droid, and has fought HK-50s with just a fraction of her true power, and your plan is to have them attempt to kill her in the heart of Malachor? The darkside nexus Malachor?

*EDIT* Oh, I see your plan is to try and blow Kreia up. No. there are no structural weak points of the core that we are aware of, besides the Mass Shadow Generator, which they wouldn't know how to activate without the proper codes IIRC. Given that logic, Sith Assassins could also plant explosives wherever they wanted.

Edited by BlazingShadow

uhhh, Sith Army that protects the Trayus Academy?

Sith Lords with Force Lightning at their disposal?

Academy Guards and Sith Troopers, all of which were far more trained and difficult to deal with than Zhug, TS, or similar trash?

As for the non-droid forces... Kreia doesn't even need to wipe them out. Why would Kreia wipe them out when he can use their insecurities against them? Colonel Tobin, Mandalore, Darth Sion (Post-exile) these are all good examples of force and non-force sensitives that were easily manipulated by Kreia to do her bidding. You're telling me that the disorganized rabble of Bounty Hunters and mercenaries would not fracture easily given Kreia's manipulative strengths?

Also, don't overestimate Droids' abilities to deal with Kreia's Sith Assassins. The HK-50 watching the Exile could do nothing to stop the Harbinger from being taken over by the Sith. Apparently he couldn't see them either. If he could do something to halt their advance, he would have because getting the Exile away from death traps like the mining facilities of Peragus was his prerogative.

Don't overestimate droids' effectiveness against Kreia either. You're talking about someone who could wield 3 lightsabers with no hands, use Force Lightning and Destroy Droid, and has fought HK-50s with just a fraction of her true power, and your plan is to have them attempt to kill her in the heart of Malachor? The darkside nexus Malachor?

*EDIT* Oh, I see your plan is to try and blow Kreia up. No. there are no structural weak points of the core that we are aware of, besides the Mass Shadow Generator, which they wouldn't know how to activate without the proper codes IIRC. Given that logic, Sith Assassins could also plant explosives wherever they wanted.

I think the HK 50 could have done something, but blowing holes in the side of the Harbinger with explosives probably wouldn't help matters any.

There are plenty of ways to detect stealth field generators, the droid probably didn't have access to make mines, or gas grenades, heck if nothing else he should have stopped up some drains and flooded some corridors... And then look for anything that looks like a hole in the water.

Back to topic, if G0-T0 destroys Malachor and Traya flees to Korriban, then all G0-T0 has to do is instigate orbital bombardments.

Make sure he's taken out Traya's ship, wrecked anything man-made that he can, and then just leave a bunch of droids manning some ships in orbit.

Assuming Traya survives the bombardment, odds are she will be marooned.

Death by starvation or old age while marooned on a dead world, not the prettiest way to die, but it works.

Edited by GarfieldJL

Yeah, I was about to be like.... did you even read my scenario?

The Core isn't exactly the most sturdy thing. It crumbled pretty easily with a few earthquakes. Military grade explosives, like those used to destroy the Ravenger and were easily carried on the person, could simply be placed on the sides of the rock, potencially near the bottom of the column. When they blow, Traya falls to her death.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Except the person that put the price on his head is excluded from this... Unless you're dragging Vogga and the Hutt Cartel into this, he wouldn't have a price on his head.

Additionally if you talk to people after the yatch is destroyed (the random passerby, they talk about the Republic firing on Goto's Yacht.

As I pointed out before, the rules of the Kaggath have no impact on those outside of it, only on the combatants themselves. So such things such as bounties on people's heads, would still exist - not that we have any evidence to suggest it was just Vogga. And I'm not sure what these reliable street urchins told you but according to Wookieepedia this is what happened. Also in the cutscene in which it is destroyed, we see anonymous vessels, not Republic ships.

So let me get this straight, you're saying that an army of Sith can't be detected simply cause they are wearing stealth field generators...
Yup, G0-T0's men and others will have no way of detecting them until they get right up close, and then their dead. Let's also remember that these guys are quite formidable warriors with deadly Force pikes, and the only reason the Exile defeated them so easily was because she was a wound in the Force and so negated their abilities. And of course the element of surprise gives them a considerable advantage.

And Traya can prevent G0-T0 from killing her converted pawns by protecting them with assassins, G0-T0 can't kill what he can't get to. We also have to consider that some of them e.g. Visquis, might want to betray G0-T0 if promised his position. But ultimately they have more of a chance of surviving if they serve Traya than if they betray Traya for G0-T0, as Traya has a constant blade at their throats and can offer them protection from G0-T0.

And concerning orbital bombardment, like I said before to orbitally bombard a planet you need a warship, G0-T0 does not have one and has no means of acquiring one.

NOTE: However, G0-T0's extensive intelligence network which no doubt spied on his underlings would immediately alert him to the betrayal of one of his men, so she cannot use them to trick G0-T0 into revealing her location. However she can still use them to turn G0-T0's powerbase against him.

The Core isn't exactly the most sturdy thing. It crumbled pretty easily with a few earthquakes.

A few earthquakes? You mean the reactivation of the MSG? A superweapon that ripped the entire planet apart, nothing is going to survive that. (Although the Academy survived the first time.)

Yeah, I was about to be like.... did you even read my scenario?

The Core isn't exactly the most sturdy thing. It crumbled pretty easily with a few earthquakes. Military grade explosives, like those used to destroy the Ravenger and were easily carried on the person, could simply be placed on the sides of the rock, potencially near the bottom of the column. When they blow, Traya falls to her death.

If G0-T0 manages to get forces to infiltrate and potentially destroy Traya's warships then he would be able to gather a force to show up at Malachor V.

Then G0-T0 can put together the forces to actually blockade Malachor V, and if that happens he's won this. He doesn't have to invade anything.

He can paint it as though Traya is so scared of "Goto" that she is cowering under her bed. In fact he can do a general broadcast mocking her (with the precaution of using a small probe as the transmission source).

He loses nothing by waiting as long as it takes, he doesn't have to invade, however since "Goto" is just some too bit crime lord, the longer this drags on the more likely Traya's own forces will try to kill her.

Why go through the expense of invading the place when you can just blockade the planet and accomplish the same objective. Heck, he could even have droids conducting salvage operations on some of the derelict ships, I don't think stealth generators are that effective when someone is in a space suit.

Edited by GarfieldJL

Yup, G0-T0's men and others will have no way of detecting them until they get right up close, and then their dead. Let's also remember that these guys are quite formidable warriors with deadly Force pikes, and the only reason the Exile defeated them so easily was because she was a wound in the Force and so negated their abilities. And of course the element of surprise gives them a considerable advantage.

This is what I don't understand. Where is the element of surprise?

G0-T0 says "Oh hey guys, I'm kinda at war with a Sith Lord right now."

What do you think they're going to do? Go to parties?

No. When Visquis was confronted with one Jedi he hid away in his base, the Jekk'jekk Tar, which would be extremely difficult for the assassins to break into. We don't have details on all the rest, but I assure you that their bases are just as safe and well guarded. They're not sitting ducks. And these bases usually have an escape route along with top-notch security.

On top of that, as soon as one gets taken out by stealthed assassin, everyone will know what top look for and seal up tight. No one in or out.

Edited by Warren-Stride

A few earthquakes? You mean the reactivation of the MSG? A superweapon that ripped the entire planet apart, nothing is going to survive that. (Although the Academy survived the first time.)

True, but when you have explosives that cause explosions like this:

2:10

it is pretty obvious that the pillar would either collapse or the explosion would just burn Traya up.

This is what I don't understand. Where is the element of surprise?

G0-T0 says "Oh hey guys, I'm kinda at war with a Sith Lord right now."

What do you think they're going to do? Go to parties?

No. When Visquis was confronted with one Jedi he hid away in his base, the Jekk'jekk Tar, which would be extremely difficult for the assassins to break into. We don't have details on all the rest, but I assure you that their bases are just as safe and well guarded. They're not sitting ducks. And these bases usually have an escape route along with top-notch security.

On top of that, as soon as one gets taken out by stealthed assassin, everyone will know what top look for and seal up tight. No one in or out.

Visquis foolishly thought that the noxious gases of Jekk'Jekk Tarr would defend him against the Jedi, as well as the numerous dangerous patrons that inhabited it. He may very well underestimate Traya, especially considering G0-T0 and co. will have no knowledge of her stealthed forces. I presented the scenario before if you remember, basically: sneak in with some patrons, gas the place, then capture Visquis who will be in his little office space and will not react quickly enough to escape. As for other bases, simply sneak in with guards, supplies, etc. somethings got to go in an out of those places, else they are effectively useless.

We also have to remember that Traya will exploit her initial advantage of surprise as much as possible, being G0-T0's lack of knowledge of her stealthed assassins. What I mean is the attacks will be simultaneous, she spend time scouting out bases and making preparations and then strike all at once. Giving them no time to react and prepare for stealthed forces.

it is pretty obvious that the pillar would either collapse or the explosion would just burn Traya up.

Well nobody has pointed out this problem yet so here goes: how on earth is G0-T0 gonna get some explosives on the underside of the Trayus Core?

And concerning orbital bombardment, like I said before to orbitally bombard a planet you need a warship, G0-T0 does not have one and has no means of acquiring one.

I don't think orbital bombardment should be considered here. I think a bombing run should.

An orbital bombardment would require G0-T0 to decloak while fire turbolasers that he simply doesn't have. I'm not sure if it's even possible for him to fire on the ground from orbit.

However.

The Visionary is a pretty well-armed ship. With 6 blaster cannons made for space combat, it packs a punch. So G0-T0 glides his yacht down through Korriban's atmosphere, bypassing the likely fleet of Sith ships in orbit using stealth. He takes aim at the Academy... and lets loose all his firepower. That stone building is old and not in the best shape. It would probably crumble, possibly burying Traya underneath the rubble.

Well nobody has pointed out this problem yet so here goes: how on earth is G0-T0 gonna get some explosives on the underside of the Trayus Core?

I have to say, Beni, I'm a tad hurt.

If you're asking how HKs are going to get down there, they're pretty nimble droids. Not to mention we've seen them use rocket launchers, which could be equipped with warheads of similar explosives to the ones shown.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Visquis foolishly thought that the noxious gases of Jekk'Jekk Tarr would defend him against the Jedi, as well as the numerous dangerous patrons that inhabited it. He may very well underestimate Traya, especially considering G0-T0 and co. will have no knowledge of her stealthed forces. I presented the scenario before if you remember, basically: sneak in with some patrons, gas the place, then capture Visquis who will be in his little office space and will not react quickly enough to escape. As for other bases, simply sneak in with guards, supplies, etc. somethings got to go in an out of those places, else they are effectively useless.

We also have to remember that Traya will exploit her initial advantage of surprise as much as possible, being G0-T0's lack of knowledge of her stealthed assassins. What I mean is the attacks will be simultaneous, she spend time scouting out bases and making preparations and then strike all at once. Giving them no time to react and prepare for stealthed forces.

Except Visquis was already plotting against G0-T0 only to be killed by his own guards...

Since G0-T0 would have some idea of who he was facing, as you stated yourself, I don't think the assassin tactic would be as effective as you think. In all honesty, Sion would have a better chance trying that tactic, since it would be less expected.

I mean seriously she's called the 'Lord of Betrayal' for a reason, so G0-T0 would suspect she likes using stealthed units.

If G0-T0 goes to Malachor and has an invasion, he will know of the assassins.

If the strike is simultaneous, that means it will take time to get the assassins in place. Time G0-T0 will use to rally his forces, execute plans, etc.

if G0-T0 can use explosives, so can Traya's assassins, meaning they can also sneak aboard the stealth yacht and blow it up even faster.

If the strike is simultaneous, that means it will take time to get the assassins in place. Time G0-T0 will use to rally his forces, execute plans, etc.

Why does he have to invade, if he takes out Traya's fleet through hijacking (in which he'd have the ability to then do orbital bombardments) or sabotage (or computer viruses that cause the ships to blow themselves up), why does he have to invade?

He can just blockade the planet and mock Traya. He loses nothing by not invading, but she loses quite a bit if she can't get rid of some two bit crime lord. The longer the blockade continues, the more likely her own forces will try to eliminate her.

Edited by GarfieldJL

there is a difference of knowing of assassins and knowing how to catch the assassins. GOTO's good, but he couldn't even counter just a 2-man team, without stealth, boarding and sabotaging his yacht.

if G0-T0 can use explosives, so can Traya's assassins, meaning they can also sneak aboard the stealth yacht and blow it up even faster.

Well okay... everyone can use explosives...

Sure the assassins could blow up G0-T0's yacht. If they can get to it. Which is impossible.

Well okay... everyone can use explosives...

Sure the assassins could blow up G0-T0's yacht. If they can get to it. Which is impossible.

not impossible

step 1 board GOTO allied ship headed for GOTO's yacht (this is inevitable, and it doesn't even have to be an allied ship. Remember the yacht is used to hijack Vogga's fuel transports.)

step 2 board yacht

step 3 ???

step 4 profit