The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Immunity to Party Bomb // Rally

KyaniteD

No! This should just be a free toggle one can click on and off in options. This shouldn't be a feature one should have to pay for. And I agree. It's totally out of character. It's a ***?! Okay, i get it, I've admitted to it, most people don't play MMOs for the setting/lore at all. But some do, and this ruins it.

I would pay for it.

But I also agree that this is a much needed free option. Yeah maybe its a little soft skined of me but I really don't like it when my Emporers wrath starts dancing away just cause an unattackable droid is pulled out by someone. Sure its a game and its a laugh but lets face it go too far down that road and you have to start asking why people invest the ungodly amounts of time required into MMO's if your not taking it seriously.

Sure its a game and its a laugh but lets face it go too far down that road and you have to start asking why people invest the ungodly amounts of time required into MMO's if your not taking it seriously.

Well these things serve as a reminder that players shouldn't be 'investing' ungodly amounts of time into the game and shouldn't really be taking it too seriously. The ranting and raging on these you see on these boards suggests that some players aren't being reminded of that often enough.

Well these things serve as a reminder that players shouldn't be 'investing' ungodly amounts of time into the game and shouldn't really be taking it too seriously. The ranting and raging on these you see on these boards suggests that some players aren't being reminded of that often enough.

There's taking it to seriously, and there's trying to get some immersion/keeping closer to the theme/feel of Star Wars.

I don't believe that reminder though should come from a dancing droid. Given to get the dancing droid thing you need to have social 10 so have invested a lot of time running ops or group content to get it.

But equally I fear TOR would fold if people took a good hard look at what they were doing and it was very much a game and not worth the effort. Same with all MMO's a lot of time is spent grinding to run a new op or area every few months. I think you have to take the game rather seriously to invest the time to get black hole gear so you can run TFB. But this drags us off into a different area of what is good for invidiuals isn't always good for the game.

Ultimately though it comes down to other people having control of your character and forcing them to dance. Something I am not sure has a place within the Sith Empire and I am really not sure why it was included in the game.

I don't believe that reminder though should come from a dancing droid. Given to get the dancing droid thing you need to have social 10 so have invested a lot of time running ops or group content to get it.

But equally I fear TOR would fold if people took a good hard look at what they were doing and it was very much a game and not worth the effort. Same with all MMO's a lot of time is spent grinding to run a new op or area every few months. I think you have to take the game rather seriously to invest the time to get black hole gear so you can run TFB. But this drags us off into a different area of what is good for invidiuals isn't always good for the game.

Ultimately though it comes down to other people having control of your character and forcing them to dance. Something I am not sure has a place within the Sith Empire and I am really not sure why it was included in the game.

Because most players really don't care for the games background past "Oh! Star Wars universe! YAY!" and even then, some players don't care for that.

No different than City of Heroes, which had players who hated/didn't care for the superhero genre, but oh hey look, it was a game, and it's customization was great. In fact, it became so prevalent, they dropped superhero from the game and just said heroes.

No! This should just be a free toggle one can click on and off in options. This shouldn't be a feature one should have to pay for. And I agree. It's totally out of character. It's a ***?! Okay, i get it, I've admitted to it, most people don't play MMOs for the setting/lore at all. But some do, and this ruins it.

I will take it one step further, as a raid leader, I should have the option to turn them off in my raids for everyone. It is very distracting.

but....but .....it gets boring watching everybody standing around like mindless puppets on fleet, something has to be done.....as I'm dropping another party bomb....hehe

Seriously if it's that much of an annoyance just move a few feet out of it's affect or get on your speeder.