Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

I'm going to report any single afk-ers i'll find around.

It is due to their macros if queues do not respect the estimated time at login screen.

If you have to leave for more than 20 minutes, LOG OUT, dont' stay afk.

Prilla

Edited by Prilla

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10:30am on a working day.

I am 1665 in the queue, my guild and our rivals and ally sister guilds (who we have all played with over many games and years) were placed here at launch.

PLEASE give Guild launch program guilds the ability to transfer!

I go all the way back to Ultima Online, I do not ever remember a system that has messed up the community as bad as the guild launch program, this will go down in mmo history as one big pile of dog mess.

After 2 hours 17 minutes of waiting i logged in, after few minutes i joined battleground. The game crashed while on battleground i logged back immediately but am placed in the #$%#^#! queue on 1456 place (i waited more than 2 hours with 416 in queue). Do something with this *&^*^! game and the *^^$%$%! queues i didnt paid for sitting on queues!!!

And dont even try to tell me "Go on less populated server".

Best regards

Unhappy customer

I'm going to report any single afk-ers i'll find around.

It is due to their macros if queues do not respect the estimated time at login screen.

If you have to leave for more than 20 minutes, LOG OUT, dont' stay afk.

Prilla

just to your knowledge: if someone want to go afk unnoticed (let's say after lvl 17) he just need to do it inside their on starship....

ok to report afker's but to what end... you're just try to empty the sea with a teaspoon

thats all well and good but what about those of us in guilds on these servers that we cant get on because of the queues ? i had early access and couldnt get onto the server the guild i joined was in because of this problem

I think you can add to the list the server I'm playing on : the ONLY RP-PVP server (Eu-English) : Lord Calypho.

Our queue are starting to increase a lot. I really suggest to all new players, to NOT roll on Lord Calypho.

I've already two guildies gone to play republic on another server to avoid queue. And this sucks cause they are good friends.

WHY are we not on the high population servers list??? There is 1+ hour queue EVERYTIME I try to log in, including at 9 am in the weekdays... not seeing our server's name here is really annoying, I was actually expecting them to open a second english RP-PvP server, but I guess I am just dreaming...

Why is Hex Droid not in this list ? .. that server already has a 25min queue at 10am..

Lol, people are crying justifiably about 2-4hour queues at 0800 in the morning and your worried about a 25min queue at 1000? Granted that would be alot worse come 1600 but then imagine what the other servers must be like. Trust me you've got it easy.

3+ hours of waiting time during the morning of a working day is a total failure both for BW and EA.

Suggesting to switch servers is a plain insult.

Guys, YOU put our guilds on Tomb, so YOU must solve this painful issue. YOU failed, so at least admit it and solve it.

WHY are we not on the high population servers list??? There is 1+ hour queue EVERYTIME I try to log in, including at 9 am in the weekdays... not seeing our server's name here is really annoying, I was actually expecting them to open a second english RP-PvP server, but I guess I am just dreaming...

imho... almost all full and heavy pop server are under "limited cap popuaation" (thats the reasons for the queues... the real problem is that the servers listed at the beginning are the one already pop capped without BW limitind the cap... that's probably why your servers are not in the list

Edited by Jorily

WHY the hell is there still only ONE, ONE ONE ONE english RP-PVP server ? there is no alternative, so people create characters there, only to prolong the queue.

Feels like the person responsible for servers hasn't got any clue. There MUST always be at least TWO servers, so new people have a place where to create their toons! :mad:

Edited by Dalnar

I am on The Red Eclipse server, joined this server on day 1 of the Early Access and am far too far to quit and re-roll on another server that will have the same problem in a few days.

I started logging in at 9:15 GMT and was placed in a 500 person queue... I could not believe my poor half sleepy eyes. It is now 10:39 GMT and I am now at place 141 in queue. God knows what the queue is like now. I have to go to the office for 4 hours and I am dreading the queue that will be waiting for me on my return at 5pm.

Not really fun and re-rolling is not an option any more..

Edited by Sinate

I'd blame EA more than BW for this. Going by how things went it's pretty obvious EA didn't want to release this alongside Diablo 3 and seeing as most people expected that to come out this year, EA probably planned for this game to be released sometime in Feb/March. Now BW are left to pick up the pieces.

I don't disagree with the sentiment. It was pretty clear to me that when Diablo 3 was pushed back, that suddenly, less than a week after Blizzcon, they are announcing SWOR a the end of the year. Now, I was one fo the Jan/Feb bandwagoners, because I was sure they were going to push it back. Still, while this may have been EA's decision to release now, it was BioWare who shut down all the servers prior to launch so that as the new players all joined on, it appeared everything was open.

Dont worry, on/around 20th January 2012 when the "free" 30 days are up, servers wont have any ques as alot of players will not be subscribing if these issues are still here. Pointless playing a mmorpg when you cant handle the players who form the mmorpg and they cannot play when they want to or with thier guilds and friends on locked servers. Many guilds will move back to where they came from, least they can play then Edited by Ziso

We strongly advise you to not create new characters on these servers, unless you are prepared to queue to play.

US-based servers

The Harbinger – US West Coast - PvE

The Swiftsure – US West Coast - PvP

The Fatman – US East Coast - PvP

EU-based servers

Bloodworthy – EU English - PvP

Frostclaw – EU English - PvE

Legions of Lettow – EU English - PvP

The Red Eclipse – EU English - PvE

Tomb of Freedom Nadd – EU English - PvP

Darth Revan's Mask – EU German - PvP

Darth Traya – EU German - PvP

Jar'Kai Sword - EU German - PvP

Hrakert Rift – EU French - PvP

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem. We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

Mr Reid we are a guild who is playing together since 8 years ago 50+ people playing together, do you think is easy to move all those people to reroll?, too easy to say "if u do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server" when all of us play this since first days of EGA most of chars level 30+ all crew skills above 300. This is another way to say that is our fault cause we choose wrong. So ..... this is going out of your hands and we are paying for it ..... sadly ......

I think its time to stop bull******** about "HEALTHY POPULATION" and raise some server caps rapidly. Or SWTOR will be the only one mmorpg for 1 month only.

There are a lot of holidays soon enough.what would you do then? stay in queue for 10-12 hours long?

P.S. worst launch ever. you guys should get new team,couz u acting like newbie in every way.

Edited by DarthNur

Stephen Reid, we want the real action plan from your side not just bla-bla-bla.

Where is the transfer from the "The Tomb of the 4-5 hours at queue then disconnect and again 4-5 hours waiting" ??? :mad:

bloodworthy is at 2hours queue atm. bioware dont understand how to run a mmo. people dont like to sit in queues

they need to LOCK THE FULL SERVERS and start transfering GUILDS ONTO LIGHT SERVERS the sooner they grasp that fact the better.