Information about RAGE on PTS 2.0 to note:

Megatfx

I still think Rage is going to be an outstanding spec and still superior to Carnage, here is why:

Few things:

SHOCKWAVE WAS NOT NERFED, IT WAS BUFFED. On live you get 25% per shockwave stacking up to 4 times, on PTS you get 33.333% stacking THREE times.

Force Crush does all it's damage in 3 seconds instead of 5. Which means you get your 3 shockwaves damn near instantly.

Dark resonance - 15% crit damage on all abilities. So because of this, Smash crits will crit for 15% HARDER than on live.

Undying Talent and Force Vigor talent coupled with Weaponmaster PvP bonus. With Force Vigor you only lose 25% of your health when you pop undying rage so you can pop it earlier when you know you'd normally take about 60%+ of your life in damage. Undying gives you 30 seconds off of the CD so you can spam it. 2 piece Weaponmaster bonus gives you 1 second

Force Lash - Damage buff, kind of like ataru procs except for vicious slash.

Cascading Power - Increases all damage dealt after smash by 9% LOLWUT?

Interceptor - Force Charge and Obliterate apply a 12 second snare. So we get the root from force charge/obliterate and on top of that we snare them?

Rage is still going to be the best Marauder spec for damage. They just buffed it's survivability massively, they increased it's damage significantly, and they added control.

The biggest Rage buff of all was the Bubblestun nerf.

Edited by Megatfx

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/marauder/228/

HAHAHAHA wth is this rofl. Bioware never ceases to amaze me. I was thinking of switching back to Anni from Rage, but my god. They increased DPS, they increased slows, and they increased survivability even more. Sadly, i doubt this will make it to live. It's too good to be true. Anni and Carnage are an absolute waste of 2 trees as it is on the PTS.

And don't forget battle cry. Free force scream with armor pen? yes please.

Edited by revcrisis

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/marauder/228/

HAHAHAHA wth is this rofl. Bioware never ceases to amaze me. I was thinking of switching back to Anni from Rage, but my god. They increased DPS, they increased slows, and they increased survivability even more. Sadly, i doubt this will make it to live. It's too good to be true. Anni and Carnage are an absolute waste of 2 trees as it is on the PTS.

And don't forget battle cry. Free force scream with armor pen? yes please.

Oh yeah forgot about that.

Pretty much whoever said Carnage was going to be the best, didn't even look at the Rage tree.

Edited by Megatfx

yea if anything rage is buffed to be better than the other 2 right now for pvp.....

carnage as of now is taking a large hit. less rage generation(fewer blood frenzies), lower damage on massacres and ataru strikes, as well as a beserk that might be to rage intensive now.....

if it stays anything like this, im switching to smash till next big change

edit: 15% dmg nerf to smash(since it was a force attack) besides that only nerf(if at all) seems to be crush/beserk is only way to build stacks now(choke seems to have been removed but you get a lower cd on choke.....)

but you get 9% damage increase for 18 secs after smash meaning next one will hit almost as hard as pre 2.0.....

Edited by calamatiesend

This will probably not make it to live. On the other hand it's SWTOR we're talking about so you never know...

What Rage needs are serious refinements and I'm not talking buffs or nerfs - I literally mean something, anything to make the spec at least remotely fun to play.

Having just tested Rage on the Ops Dummy, it's doing the same damage as Carnage is without any real effort. Rage management is a joke, I barely had to assault, ever and Smash damage is still over 6k on the dummy.

I have no doubt that theoretically Carnage will have a higher damage potential, but in its current form it is MUCH more difficult than Rage (of course) AND Annihilation.

yet, it has to make it to live, since bascially every other class got buffed in damage and resistance as well. leaving out the warriors now would be stupid.

Good thing is that Rage became more of a single target spec now. so its even better for pvp and pve. im looking foward to it.

the only thing that actually got nerfed is force choke. since now you suffer pushback

Edited by Belarm

Smash can now be shielded, for one.

The whole un-rootable business worries me tough. Most roots are kb-based and don't send people over 10m, safe talented merc and snipers. Also the massive auto-snare on charge and obliterate- wut now? Just take off crippling slash from your bar.

I agree with butf after smash, but reduce smash itself by 40%. 20% per tick would be plenty imo. That would still make a very powerful attack (aim for about madness DF damage, maybe just a bit over) and reduce max target to 3. Alternatively, remove auto-crit and make it that 40% damage increase to fill in gap rather. At the very least, that will remove power-heavy gear efficiency. No way smash should it with a crit for more than 6k.

Smash can now be shielded, for one.

The whole un-rootable business worries me tough. Most roots are kb-based and don't send people over 10m, safe talented merc and snipers. Also the massive auto-snare on charge and obliterate- wut now? Just take off crippling slash from your bar.

I agree with butf after smash, but reduce smash itself by 40%. 20% per tick would be plenty imo. That would still make a very powerful attack (aim for about madness DF damage, maybe just a bit over) and reduce max target to 3. Alternatively, remove auto-crit and make it that 40% damage increase to fill in gap rather. At the very least, that will remove power-heavy gear efficiency. No way smash should it with a crit for more than 6k.

Crits cannot be shielded.

I haven't had a chance to jump on PTS yet, and PvP testing seems to be messed up anyway from what I hear.

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to some of the changes. I think you have to look at the big picture(specifically re:rage). So even if smash has taken a bit of a hit, it seems that what they are trying to do is even out the rest of the abilities so that it is NOT just a one-trick pony spec. Getting different damage buffs that are more generalized means spreading dps over other abilities that may not be used as much. Overall, I think it might mean a little boost to sustained dps. At the same time, it will probably remain a bit bursty do to the shorter build up time of shockwave.

Overall I see this as a real rebalancing of the spec and not a nerf at all. There will just be some adjustment to it and a change to the current thinking about builds and gear as well.