No Roll Function

toocrazed

Not sure if anyone know this yet but there is no roll function in Star Wars. A group including myself just downed Grandfather yesterday a world boss and he drop some nice loot. We had to randomly pick numbers and the closest person to the number that the raid leader choosed gets the loot. Seriously no roll option?

It depends on what you have the loot threshold set to. The lower you set it, you get to roll on it.

Are you talking about how the dice pops out and you can choose to greed it, scavenge it, or need it? I am talking about when you do raids or world boss fights and you have a master looter. Then those who need the item can manually /roll for the item so there isn't anyone who will be a dick and need the item in auto rolls.

Duel for loot...there can be only one. :D

The problem with that is that people who are trying to get geared will get owned by someone who is already geared and looking to complete their set or improve on another item piece.

Lol. That would be epic if we can duel for it :D

There's litterally nothing that can be done. Doing #ran on a calculator for a result doesn't work as you can spam it until you get a high (99-100) number... And you can't deny a pug player gear when you have NO MEASURE (lol no combat logging) how well a player has performed.

Truly is the biggest oversight ever.

Bioware are shockingly bad at designing MMOs, it's outstanding.

There's litterally nothing that can be done. Doing #ran on a calculator for a result doesn't work as you can spam it until you get a high (99-100) number... And you can't deny a pug player gear when you have NO MEASURE (lol no combat logging) how well a player has performed.

Truly is the biggest oversight ever.

Bioware are shockingly bad at designing MMOs, it's outstanding.

It just bothers me that this is a basic function too and they spent millions on this game but don't have this key feature in.

Yeah, big oversight.

The pick the number closest to the raid leader is open to a lot of abuse. The raid leader could just come up with a number closest to the player he wants to have the loot. On the flip side, he could be honest and the person in his guild rightfully won, but still be accused of gaming the loot.

Just thought of this workaround: Say a heal will heal between x and y. Tell the raid members to pick a number in that range, then cast the heal and that number is used as the closest-to.

Yeah, big oversight.

The pick the number closest to the raid leader is open to a lot of abuse. The raid leader could just come up with a number closest to the player he wants to have the loot. On the flip side, he could be honest and the person in his guild rightfully won, but still be accused of gaming the loot.

Just thought of this workaround: Say a heal will heal between x and y. Tell the raid members to pick a number in that range, then cast the heal and that number is used as the closest-to.

Hardly random. I know my heal will heal between 1800-2000 non crit, so a healer who knows about other healing values will always win. It's not that fair either.