2.0 is up on PTS

JP_Legatus

I've seen screenshots of 15k smashes, losing instant whirlwind makes me very sad :( I think I'd give up phase walk to get instant whirlwind back!

(Of course, that is as long as Bioware isn't stupid and nerf phase walk with the ball in huttball... Though, I guess I shouldn't count on Bioware not being stupid, how long have bubble stun and smash been broken? :p)

Edited by Xalbus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like unstoppable is no longer usable in soresu... As one of the last dedicated full time hybrid juggs, I got to say it hurts a little..

In other news, rage dropping 15k smashes huh? I think bioware is trying to tell me something...

Edited by T-Roach

I've seen screenshots of 15k smashes, losing instant whirlwind makes me very sad :( I think I'd give up phase walk to get instant whirlwind back!

(Of course, that is as long as Bioware isn't stupid and nerf phase walk with the ball in huttball... Though, I guess I shouldn't count on Bioware not being stupid, how long have bubble stun and smash been broken? :p)

Instant whirlwind is gone!! .-.

Edited by PeteyLo

Oh and by the way there seems to be no nerf to smash, it actually looks like more of a very slight buff (only 3 stacks needed instead of 4 while the damage and tree remains the same)

Smash got a significant nerf. You should expect to see far less people playing that tree and the ones still playing will not do nearly as much useless damage as they used to. Back to that sexy *** carnage tree for me :). 45% chance to reset Gore and a free Vicious Throw, too good.

Edited by daveyggg

There's a gear bug on the PTS right now, some people have 200k plus health, I've been hit for 37k from a wither. Same thing with most of those big smashes, people exploiting the gear bug.

I you remove a piece of gear the stats aren't removed. When its re-equipped the stats get added on top of what you had.

(Sorry that was a terrible explanation but you get the idea) :)

Smash got a significant nerf. You should expect to see far less people playing that tree and the ones still playing will not do nearly as much useless damage as they used to. Back to that sexy *** carnage tree for me :). 45% chance to reset Gore and a free Vicious Throw, too good.

It did? I heard it ended up being sort of buffed. What was the nerf?

It did? I heard it ended up being sort of buffed. What was the nerf?

Basically the old tree was

+20% base damage

+ 25% base damage per shockwave (4 ticks max)

100% crit chance

+30% crit damage on all force attacks

New tree is:

+20% base

+33% base per shockwave (3 ticks max, but you can no longer get them from force choke)

100% crit chance

+15% crit damage on all attacks, not just force.

So basically they cut out 15% crit damage on smash, but added it everywhere else, and made it a bit harder to get stacks of shockwave. But they also buffed all other attacks 9% after using smash for 18 seconds if swtorspy is right, and made slash stronger. You should still be able to wreck people with it, I think they were less interested in nerfing it, and more interested in making it a 3 trick pony.

BW loves their Shii-cho form. But carnage looks pretty sweet too...

Basically the old tree was

+20% base damage

+ 25% base damage per shockwave (4 ticks max)

100% crit chance

+30% crit damage on all force attacks

New tree is:

+20% base

+33% base per shockwave (3 ticks max, but you can no longer get them from force choke)

100% crit chance

+15% crit damage on all attacks, not just force.

So basically they cut out 15% crit damage on smash, but added it everywhere else, and made it a bit harder to get stacks of shockwave. But they also buffed all other attacks 9% after using smash for 18 seconds if swtorspy is right, and made slash stronger. You should still be able to wreck people with it, I think they were less interested in nerfing it, and more interested in making it a 3 trick pony.

BW loves their Shii-cho form. But carnage looks pretty sweet too...

It's actually 22% per shockwave stack for 3 stacks coming out to +66% crit damage compared to the previous +100%.

It still hits quite hard, and the single target is very heavy hitting as well.

Carnage though, is by and far the hardest hitting spec in the game now, we've been dueling on DK in PTS against some of the best players from every server and running carnage spec I've been able to win well over 80% of my duels, many against snipers or assassins.

Nothing beats two back to back gores, with the 2nd having a VT :p

It's actually 22% per shockwave stack for 3 stacks coming out to +66% crit damage compared to the previous +100%.

Carnage though, is by and far the hardest hitting spec in the game now, we've been dueling on DK in PTS against some of the best players from every server and running carnage spec I've been able to win well over 80% of my duels, many against snipers or assassins.

Op stop giving it away, we're supposed to let everyone stay rage ;)

Is the deadly throw really a 6 second root now or is that just a typo in swtor spy?

swtor spy also shows it as 3 points of shockwave for 33% per stack, stacking 3 times? It's not like that in game?

I think swtor spy is wrong on a lot of things. Also says with defensive forms marauders build 15 fury everytime they are attacked. Just think of the non stop predations:eek:

swtor spy also shows it as 3 points of shockwave for 33% per stack, stacking 3 times? It's not like that in game?

It's like Op said, 22% x 3. Doesn't mean rage won't be useful still, especially with the bubble change. I'm curious to see how ti really hits once they've sorted everything out.

Where are you people getting this information? I've taken my marauder to PTS and it's 33.3% with 3 points in the skill, meaning smash still works exactly the way it used to, in fact the smashes will be coming 1s earlier since there's 1 less stack to wait for.

The 15% taken off force crits and added to everything though, is reality. So smash will now hit 15% weaker and the other moves hit 15% harder.

Oh, marauders now have free force scream in smash spec too. Previously it was only juggs who could do this.

And saber throw generates rage.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Of course we could stop theorizing and try this crap out if BW would fix the toon transfers...

Not speculation.

But I feel your frustration as I can't get plaje onto the PTS. Still, it only took me a couple hours to get my temporary guy to 55 and get him his ship thanks to the fleet's new "instant 55" feature for the PTS.

EDIT: The saber throw only roots for 3s, sorry to disappoint you. The range of obfuscation increases to 6m with 2 points in the talent, the root duration remains 3s. Putting 1 point results in a 50% chance to root instead of the 100% chance to root with 2 points.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Not speculation.

But I feel your frustration as I can't get plaje onto the PTS. Still, it only took me a couple hours to get my temporary guy to 55 and get him his ship thanks to the fleet's new "instant 55" feature for the PTS.

EDIT: The saber throw only roots for 3s, sorry to disappoint you. The range of obfuscation increases to 6m with 2 points in the talent, the root duration remains 3s. Putting 1 point results in a 50% chance to root instead of the 100% chance to root with 2 points.

Woot! Got on finally. And was immediately killed by a 45448 flameburst, for which I of course feel lucky, as the guy's highest hit was 90k. Hoping that was at least a Rail Shot... :)

What a waste of time.

From what I've seen it's 3 stacks, each stack being 11.1% for a Total of 33% extra dmg on Smash which would be a 66% nerf to the extra dmg.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going off of the new trees on Swtor Spy, which may be faulty.

Edit: NVM I was reading the talent wrong. Pay no attention to this guy.

Edited by KidMcClaren
stupid