The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why are we paying for a Sub and Cartel Coins too.

wellsfamily

Why is it that as a Subcriber I have to fork out cash to buy Cartel Coins for gear that randomly drops from Cartel Packs. Why can't the developers make the Cartel Market all about Unlocks for the F2P people instead of greed towards all players. The Random gear from the Cartel Packs should be made as drops from bosses in OP's or FP's or even part of this new Legacy Acheivements or Reputation systems. Subcribers should not be punished into having to spend even more money on gear when we are already paying for a game that should already have it in the first place.

Why is it that as a Subcriber I have to fork out cash to buy Cartel Coins for gear that randomly drops from Cartel Packs. Why can't the developers make the Cartel Market all about Unlocks for the F2P people instead of greed towards all players. The Random gear from the Cartel Packs should be made as drops from bosses in OP's or FP's or even part of this new Legacy Acheivements or Reputation systems. Subcribers should not be punished into having to spend even more money on gear when we are already paying for a game that should already have it in the first place.

You don't have to buy Cartel Coins because you don't need the gear - you want the gear. As a subscriber you do get coins free each month so all you need to do is practice a bit of restraint or try the GTN.

You don't have to buy Cartel Coins because you don't need the gear - you want the gear. As a subscriber you do get coins free each month so all you need to do is practice a bit of restraint or try the GTN.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This...............I don't think i could put it any better myself... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just a thought. Maybe to bring in more cash so they can still pay for their crew, maintenance's, server costs now when they got more players and so on. To bring more to us who play this game and even improve a lot of things. And besides, we who pay per month gets a few Cartel Coins every month as we pay for this. They just do what any other MMO game does, make you to pay more to have more fun.

And i am a bit of a fanboy to BW, so i support them and dont mind pay some extra cash to have some more fun.

But hey, just my thoughts. :p

How are they punishing you? You make the choice whether or not to buy the packs or gear. No one is forcing you and it is not something you have to have. As a subscriber we get a certain amount of cartel coins each month, based I believe on the version you have and if you have a security key.

A lot of these items are available on the GTN if you really want them without using the coins.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

It's friggin vanity gear with a handful of low level starter gear. They aren't screwing you out of anything. Plus, if you are subscribed they give you a stipend of coins anyway. Quit whining.

Because, the OP has run out of coins, wants more, and thinks he can get more by coming here to start a crusade of unfairness. He's well aware of the facts you shared, but you assumed logic was a part of his post. Tsk, tsk.

And you assumed the OP knows the difference between Want & Need, and I'm not talking about loot rolls. :rolleyes:

I have not spent one penny on the cartel store, I have a sub, there is nothing I NEED, in the store to advance my toon, I have puchased 2 cartel packs with my coins that were given to me at the start of f2p and I have not spent another coin since then. I bought my level 7 ship parts off the GTN with in game coins, got them cheap to under a 100k for each part.

It is an option, you do not have to spend money, I know several people that buy something with every new pack they love it and are having a blast, if that floats thier boat good for them. Not every one plays these games with the same ideas or expections.

What exactly are you doing with those EXTRA Cartel coins you get with your subscription?

Listening to you guys you would think they give out extra large bags of coins to every sub, each month. Best thing is not to buy them. Their content is not worth the cash spent on them. Players litter these forums complaining of the constant trash given out in these packs.

But I do agree, subs should get a discount for the players who buy them.

Edited by RikHar

Wow! You have a severely incorrect definition of the phrase "have to."

As a subscriber, there is absolutely NOTHING in the shop that you HAVE TO buy. EVERYTHING in the cartel shop is optional and for the most part is cosmetic in nature (meaning that there are plenty of ways in game to get items that do the exact same thing but may not look the way you want them to; cartel items are there to make your character look the way you want it to). Even the items in the packs.

If you really want something that comes from a pack, it is most likely available on the GTM. Granted, if it happens to be one of the more rare items (a good bet in your case), then you will probably pay a lot of credits to get it. And as with all MMOs, in SWTOR, time and money are interchangeable commodities: put in time and you can save money; put in money and you can save time. This holds true for the items you want from the cartel shop. You can buy $100 worth of coins, use them to buy packs, and chances are you will get what you want. Or you can spend time in game, running dailies and selling items on the GTM, to make enough in-game credits to buy the item(s) you want without putting up real world cash or having to deal with the randomness of the packs.