Revanite Quest Chain Can't Be Reacquired?

ThalesOfMiletus

Hello. When I failed the Revanite second trial of wisdom at the bounty hunter's place, I wanted to try answering differently, so I abandoned it. However, when I went back to Morrun to reacquire it, he didn't offer it, nor did anyone else. Does anyone know if this is working as intended? I'm missing out on an exciting quest chain, xp, and a title. It's really upsetting, and I don't want to continue to leveling until this is fixed :(. Thanks.

I imagine that you can't get the quest chain again because you've already completed the first parts of it. picking up the next part of the quest is part of turning in the previous part. You may be out of luck because of the way the game is structured.

If it is that important to you, I suggest rerolling Drommund Kaas isn't that far into the game. since you've already played up til there, you can probably just spacebar through all the cutscenes and get back to where you were in less than 5 hours or so. plus, you can mail all the credits you have to your new character.

I imagine that you can't get the quest chain again because you've already completed the first parts of it. picking up the next part of the quest is part of turning in the previous part. You may be out of luck because of the way the game is structured.

If it is that important to you, I suggest rerolling Drommund Kaas isn't that far into the game. since you've already played up til there, you can probably just spacebar through all the cutscenes and get back to where you were in less than 5 hours or so. plus, you can mail all the credits you have to your new character.

That's unfortunate, I don't understand why they'd program the game that way. Idk, I'm really not inclined to reroll all the way to level 16, but I'll consider it. Thanks anyway.

Do you think it's worth rerolling? Am I missing out on that much by having abandoned it? I'm already level 16, and even though that may not seem too high to veteran players, I spent a few good days getting there, and I would dread replaying it just for that quest line =/

Great quest chain.

I loved it.

As stated, its about 4-5 hours of play (less if you know the quests and power through them). you can even skip a few initially on dromund and head straight over to the revan area (I believe it's triggered by your class quest chain...you need to finish the first part and it unlocks). So if you are willing to replay your toon, and you love the story progression, go for it.

But...if you don't' want to have to go back, it's not a game defining loss. there are a few (one or two) part in the game that you re-encounter aspects of it, but they are minor. i was actually disappointing with the lack of involvement in the whole revanite thing later on (because i was a revan fan), but taht also means that you wont' lose out later on if you don't have it as well.

As a last alternative, it could be worth putting a ticket in to see if they will "refund" the quest chain, but you could probably level 3 toons up and do the story before you actually get a response from the tech support. So i guess the options are up to you. I'd reroll. try a different look.

Hello. When I failed the Revanite second trial of wisdom at the bounty hunter's place, I wanted to try answering differently, so I abandoned it. However, when I went back to Morrun to reacquire it, he didn't offer it, nor did anyone else. Does anyone know if this is working as intended? I'm missing out on an exciting quest chain, xp, and a title. It's really upsetting, and I don't want to continue to leveling until this is fixed :(. Thanks.

I'm going to take a stab at WAI. If nothing else to keep people from (and would seem more important later in game) running almost all the way through a quest chain like that getting the rewards and XP from them then starting it over to get them all over again. Some of the chains, especially later on in game, can rack up a good amount of XP, credits, and items.

Do you think it's worth rerolling? Am I missing out on that much by having abandoned it? I'm already level 16, and even though that may not seem too high to veteran players, I spent a few good days getting there, and I would dread replaying it just for that quest line =/

it's not. That quest chain had little to do with revan. You dont gain anything from it either.

You get a lvl 15 chest shell which is pretty worthless since they are a dime a dozen these days and you get a title for it that I never ever used, I always do the quest cause its worth a lot of xp but rerolling just to do it probably isn't worth it to you at this point if you have spent a few days lvling, if you spacebarred through everything you could get there in 3-4 hrs, but probably just do it on your next toon or open a ticket with CS asking them if it can be reset for you.

I think it is possible there might be a different npc that you could pick up on part of the chain, maybe try resetting instances. Check the very first npc in DK and everyone in the camp. But then, maybe not. You could try putting in a ticket about it and see if someone can work some magic for you but it may take a while. Moral of the story, don't ever abandon quest chains unless you're sure you don't want to continue.

ps - the quest chain isn't that great, imo.....lol

Edited by chuixupu

You get a lvl 15 chest shell which is pretty worthless since they are a dime a dozen these days and you get a title for it that I never ever used, I always do the quest cause its worth a lot of xp but rerolling just to do it probably isn't worth it to you at this point if you have spent a few days lvling, if you spacebarred through everything you could get there in 3-4 hrs, but probably just do it on your next toon or open a ticket with CS asking them if it can be reset for you.

Worth mentioning that this particular shell can't be acquired in another manner. Only from this quest line.

Worth mentioning that this particular shell can't be acquired in another manner. Only from this quest line.

True, but it isn't a unique skin, it can be crafted by Synthweavers and i've seen drops that have the same skin.

And the title if anyone cares is "The Revanite"

Edited by Viridiana

True, but it isn't a unique skin, it can be crafted by Synthweavers and i've seen drops that have the same skin.

And the title if anyone cares is "The Revanite"

It is a unique skin. It has the same model as other armors but the particular skin can't be acquired anywhere else.

Ex: http://www.torhead.com/item/2dOV9NB/saber-marshals-robe and http://www.torhead.com/item/6AdvSTQ/traditional-nylite-vestments

It is a unique skin. It has the same model as other armors but the particular skin can't be acquired anywhere else.

Ex: http://www.torhead.com/item/2dOV9NB/saber-marshals-robe and http://www.torhead.com/item/6AdvSTQ/traditional-nylite-vestments

Well I know I can craft one on my synth that looks exactly like it, same color and everything, yes the name is different but it's the same beyond that.

Well I know I can craft one on my synth that looks exactly like it, same color and everything, yes the name is different but it's the same beyond that.

Mind providing a screenshot? You're either mistaken or somehow have access to a schem that nobody else does.

Edited by ebado

You could put in a CS ticket. They may be able to put you back on track with the quest line. It's worth a try at least.

And next time, remember to be ready on that Esc key in case you don't like the result of your answers. If you escape before the cut scene ends you can start it again.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

If I was anywhere near my home pc I would, but posting from work limits that SS ability lol, if I remember i'll post one up later.

To be honest, I know you don't have one.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=320129

:)

Anyway, for me, the unique shell is one of the two reasons I bother with the quest line on new characters, since the shell can't be acquired in any other way. My guild mater in particular is annoyed that he vendored his Saber Marshal's Robe more than a year ago. If the OP wants that shell, he should consider rerolling.