PVP "Ping!" Idea

CaptianFordo

First a couple questions:

1.) Have you played a Strategy/RTS? (Star Craft, Halo Wars, Company of Heroes, League of Legends, etc...)

2.) Do you know what the ping/reinforcement ability is? If not:

a. It allows the player to drag their mouse and click, or a button, or hot-key and mark a place on the map where reinforcements are needed, letting other players know--without voice communication that units need to be sent to that location ASAP!

What I'm suggesting - Bring a "Ping!" feature to PVP. It would be a nice feature to implement that could seriously help people who have trouble fighting/typing or who don't have the ability to communicate with the rest of their team via voice-chat.

What I'm suggesting is that each pylon or node, or what have you have a click-able symbol by which players could click on that would run a message across the screen like, "Enemy Forces Converging on Pylon/Node [...]!!! Send reinforcements!"

Hell...even a symbol on your mini-map for when you don't have a visual on the Huttball carrier would be nice.

I really think this would be a nice tool to have in assisting pugs, pre-mades, or anyone else who happens to PVP and has trouble with call-outs. I'm not saying people shouldn't communicate with their team members, but I feel that this would be a good tool to utilize. It could easily be implemented/looked at and balanced accordingly.

Plenty of games have this feature... granted it's this isn't an MMO feature I've seen, but I feel it could be a good idea if it's constructed correctly. And it especially helps in those really tight matches where even the slightest second counts to getting people where they need to be. Just my two cents. Hate it or love it.

:)

Edited by CaptianFordo
title update

The only thing I know of ping is in portal 2 co op where it shows stuff.

This would be a good idea imo, especially for huttball and any form of playing with other players altogether

+1 recommend bioware listen to this guy

Thanks! I was hoping at least one person would think this is a much needed addition. :)

Hell...even a symbol on your mini-map for when you don't have a visual on the Huttball carrier would be nice.

:)

Pretty sure that marker is already there. It looks like this: (-)

Maybe I'm thinking of the radar. Either way, it's very hard to see.

Waypoints would be quite nice, as would a ping feature. Even better yet would be voice comm in-game in warzones with the option to mute whomever who wish (players on your ignore list are muted by default). More intuitive teamplay is always a positive on my book. Edited by SpaniardInfinity