So... Ilum pvp/pve

DarkIord

Oh and Mogar owes me a life debt for saving him yesterday from a certain jeeedai smash bomber. :rak_03:

Hey hey hey now. I was simply poking..... I merely poke, I do not stab.

And Jaadis I do agree with what you are saying. But the funny thing is the people waiting in line are like a ticking time bomb. Today I decided to leap and smash just once. All hell broke loose after that (which was fun to participate in). People keep claiming that this is a PVE event and sorts. But what people fail to realize is this event is located in a PVP zone so to complain about getting ganked, killed, focused, ect. is just stupid. Its like q'ing for a warzone then complaining that some guy is focus firing you. It all falls under the same umbrella...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was merely a tickle no worries. ;) To your last point, I always giggle on the inside when players complain about being focused. Most people on this server don't even know what real focus fire feels like, or how to do it properly.

I don't attack unless provoked. If someone has the gall to try and solo attack me I'll defend myself and continue on my way.

If a group of "new" 50's comes along and tries to kill me and I manage to take out a few of them before succumbing to my injuries I might just go back because I took out 3 of them.

If a group of full on elite WH geared 50's comes and attacks me then I'll just avoid them until I can get my quest done. The odds of this happening is very low simply due to the fact that most of us WH/EWH geared people are friends already because we've been war zoning against each other for the past year.

I find the people that do attack me think that having a small gank squad is going to stop me from obliterating them off the face of Ilum or destroy them until they cry for mercy while my lightsabre dangles precariously above their juggler vein inching ever so closer. They will fight vigoriously on the outside but the pain will be so unbearable that on the inside they will be secretly wishing I would end their suffering with a twitch of my hand. I will then Force Pull them to the nearest ledge and Force Wave them into oblivion one by one until their resolve is crushed.:D:D:p

Giggity :p

So whatcha gonna do when a herd of smash bombers comes your way? :eek:

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I know I can't make people who don't like pvp suddenly like it, or change people's mind about feeling like they are being treated unfairly, but I'm thrilled for this event. I'll be out there every night on both characters as long as this event lasts. Even after my dailies are over.

Also, I've found this sick, twisted love for orbital strike because of this event.

Annnnnd, for the truly bored, this event even gave us an objective on the fleet.

Edited by Jaddis

I find the people that do attack me think that having a small gank squad is going to stop me from obliterating them off the face of Ilum or destroy them until they cry for mercy while my lightsabre dangles precariously above their juggler vein inching ever so closer. They will fight vigoriously on the outside but the pain will be so unbearable that on the inside they will be secretly wishing I would end their suffering with a twitch of my hand. I will then Force Pull them to the nearest ledge and Force Wave them into oblivion one by one until their resolve is crushed.:D:D:p

Giggity :p

Wow i never took you for a rper...

@Polite

Sign a contract with them to appear on Counting with Count Consular as #12.

But really, smash bombers get obliterated in 1 v 1. :p

maybe those who stay in shii-cho

Edited by J_Fred

I won't give a hoot about what people will do in illum's pylon after the Gree event dailies are gone.

but while this event runs its course and until I reach Champion reputation. I expect to see lines waiting to charge orbs.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Except maybe an empty server, so can I solo orbs rapid fire.

Edited by Falensawino

I won't give a hoot about what people will do in illum's pylon after the Gree event dailies are gone.

but while this event runs its course and until I reach Champion reputation. I expect to see lines waiting to charge orbs.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Except maybe an empty server, so can I solo orbs rapid fire.

just cuz of this im going to kill everybody waiting in line

Honestly think the whole dynamic that's been displayed on Ilum is beautiful. Sometimes you have a civilized line forming, other times all out war. Sometimes Imps and Pubs workin' together, other times Pub vs Pub working against each other so on and so forth. If I were a dev I'd be happy with the result.

As far as PvE vs PvP players. It's bee said already. It's a PvP zone. If you don't want to PvP, don't go. I know it sucks (esp for the completionists that want to maximize their rewards everyday) but if you CHOOSE to enter the PvP zone to attempt to complete it, you've waived your rights to complain about being killed.

I know it can be disheartening when you get ganked by a group that either outnumbers you or outgears you, but don't just get mad. Get even. Hit the Gen chat. Rally an army and wipe them out.

Edited by Wharehouse

Meh. WRT civility, I think a lot of it is really common sense. I don't bother people who're trying to get their quests done. I do try to burn down people who're just standing around... until about 10% HP, at which point I stop. I do tease people waiting in line by mezzing them from stealth. It's Ilum. PVPers have been waiting for an Ilum re-vamp since 1.2. Some people will be jerks about it, some people will be cool, but expecting everyone to treat it as a PVE area is unrealistic.

Say what you want but i like the new ilum. No way this would have happened with the old ilum.

If you consider yourself a pvper you should be very very happy with this new update :D

I dont think I've queued for regular warzones in two days now cuz I'm having so much fun there.

i would like to point out that the medpacs (and to a lesser extent, grenades) were in fact NOT provided by Feken Linkorporated (nor made!).

Mine heal way betters. moarz. lolol.

knockoffs.

i would like to point out that the medpacs (and to a lesser extent, grenades) were in fact NOT provided by Feken Linkorporated (nor made!).

Mine heal way betters. moarz. lolol.

knockoffs.

Crap and here I thought I was getting my money's worth :(

I've made it my personal duty to break up any lines I see there, even if I die doing it. Standing in line in a pvp zone in a game is just silly! We stand in enough lines IRL. Don't like it? Sorry! Kill me. My dps sucks it shouldn't be too hard.

Oh that tank I have running around with me, don't mind him. He feels the same way :)