Listen to the PvPers - Ilum again - Content?

CharterMonkKent

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also find it hard to believe you are satisfied with 2 new WZs since launch.

Lastly, I actually think I am being reasonable. Is it reasonable to have more PvE content on the starter planets than all of the PvP content in game? It clearly is not.

you realize only 2 raids have been added since launch as well?

Thier big selling point of the hero engine was how easy it was to add content with it where well the f is it? 2 mediocre bug/giant non war related raids.

2 new wz's screw wz's what bothers me more is you still cant choose even after a year you still cant choose the warzones? seriously

There must have been 30 people around the pylon last night. I managed to complete the quest in maybe 20-30 mins. If anyone at all had started fighting near the pylon....it would have taken me at least twice as long, maybe more.

I am a PvPer....I hardly PvE at all. But I don't go to Ilum looking for a gank fest. I go there to get some cool looking pistols and participate in new quests. I don't really want to waste time fighting anyone there, thus its not really a PvP quest for me. No PvP is actually required.

Many people look at this as "New Open World PvP Zone" but they are misinterpreting the point. Its merely a special even that partially takes place in PvP areas. You are never required to kill other players, and besides the 100wz comms, you don't even gain any PvP related items. Its an event. Not world PvP.

I am a PvPer....I hardly PvE at all. But I don't go to Ilum looking for a gank fest. I go there to get some cool looking pistols and participate in new quests. I don't really want to waste time fighting anyone there, thus its not really a PvP quest for me. No PvP is actually required.

As far as I can tell, you can skip the PvP mission all together and still get all the gear you want, right?

As far as I can tell, you can skip the PvP mission all together and still get all the gear you want, right?

Yes I believe that is correct. I think the Gear Token (forgot what its called) comes from the Heroic which can be done outside of the PvP area.

Not to mention it can probably be solo'd. I can solo the 3 droids....but when I went for the Boss, I got him down to 30% in PvP gear with no companion. He finally took me out and I didn't bother to try again.

i must be missing something on why people want world pvp so much. in my experience, it usually ends up being either (1) one side zergs the other due to numbers, or (2) everyone plays patty cake and doesnt kill and cooperates to get the objective done.

On my server, i've seen both, depending on the instance. Went in solo, got into a few 3v1, which was cool. Killed 2 of them, ran away to heal and get that third. They came back with 7 to kill me over and over. Then i went in with a group of 4. had some decent battles 4v4, very even. Then the other guild decided to bring another group of 4, which turned into a zerg.

Switched instances. About 15+ people in mid area, all red of course, lined up nice and pretty taking turns capping the pylon. I imagine i missed the part of them passing out mashmellows and singing kumbaya, but no pvp was taking place in that instance.

switched to another instance. Must have missed the sign stating 'pve only'. I've never seen so many red folks turn and run. Red is the new yellow in this instance i guess. Killed a couple of questers, global started spouting what a jerk i was for ganking.

switched instances. two large guilds roaming around killing every quester/red in this instance. groups of 7+ beating on solo, small groups. I was killed so fast my health didnt even move from 20k to 0k. was actually taunted stated how bad i was. Guess i miss the skill that survives 10 people all bursting you at once and killing them all to boot. ok, lets try one more switch.

switched instances. Ganked a few folks questing, pretty low key. hmm, maybe this is where its at. Went to the boss area, saw rebs and empire in the same area, questing almost together. Another kumbaya moment. Killed a couple of the reds, hoping the greens would jump in for a mass fight. Nope. 10+ reds chased, beat the crap out of me while 10+ greens watched and waited for the next quest mob to spawn..

I guess tomorrow i'll try to get on a gank squad, and see if thats any fun. that must be where the fun is...

I'd have to disagree with this completely. Though I do agree that we should have more World faction vs faction, but the fact is this is great. Not only does it provide good enough rewards to get people out there, but it also encourages people making alliances or new enemies regardless of faction.

Trust me, you all know you've just been waiting to crush that loud mouth in PvP warzones. If you want to complain about something, complain about the resolve system. It's the most insulting pvp mechanic I've ever seen.

lmfao those are a bunch of pvers broseph...

If i was there i would have ****ed with all of them

btw I don't agree with this trash, but it's up to the PvPers to go in there and break that line up :) few of my guildies this morning got together and just raised hell when we saw people forming lines cross factions. I mean I only attack imps that either annoying me in game, or just deserve. I would never form a line with a pub though. Ever.

and pve daily areas, new lvls of operations and pve events. I actually enjoy TFB quite a bit, they did a great job with that one. The tron-ish boss fight area would be a great setting for an arena style WZ....

But you do bring up an interesting point. They haven't added a lot game play content since launch in any aspect of the game. Mostly the content had been "re-balance" or quality of life patches (free 2 play patch, space missions patch). Now it's mostly cartel market. Let's be honest though, we are all happy with the holiday themed items. Who didn't buy valentines day jawa stuff? :p

Perhaps they have been saving up major pvp content for the hutt expansion. I'm not optimistic about it (but I bought it). I would think they would be marketing it heavily for pvpers (in and out of game) if that was the case.

Answer: We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself - something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but it’s quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvP…well, that’s a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.

(Taken from State of Game #2)

So focused, we are still in preseason. Rep v Rep is organic?

That would never happen on pot5, and if I saw it.. I wouldn't screenshot it I would mess up the line.

Prophecy of the 5 had several instances on Ilum that were lining up. Don't forget that many people were forced to reroll to Fatman before server mergers, and Fatman was merged into Prophecy of the 5. There are a lot of people on Prophecy who would probably prefer to be on a PvE server.

Karagga's Palace, Explosive Conflict, Terror From Beyond. I guess 3=2 for sufficiently small values of 3.

By the way, it is pretty easy to roll into this area with a group of 12. Get a group of 4 together, and place target marks on the other 8. Don't attack or use AoE's on the target marks.

The new super small PvP area on Ilum should be...

1. Faction vs faction. Not group vs group. Why would anyone in development think the current set up was a good idea? We don't need another version of Outlaw's Den.

2. There should be more content in this area. 200wz coms (missions offered for two weeks?) isn't enough to keep this area active.

3. There should be a multiplier for wz coms in this area (or any other area for killing equal or above lvl players). 1st kill is 1 wz com, 2nd is 1 wz com, 3rd is 2, 4th is 2, 5th is 2, 6th is 3, 7th is 3, and so on capping at 10coms per. (mechanics added to not a allow for farming, lockouts when killing same player etc etc) When you die to another player (of equal or lower lvl) in open world pvp your kill multiplier goes back to 1 kill 1 com. Multiplier carriers over when a player log out/in.

Was this really the new open world pvp redux of Ilum the devs talking about last fall? Or is that coming with the expansion?

why do people keep ponding on this faction vs faction? why u want to zerg or be zerged ? thats all that happens in pvp faction games.

How is that any different to how it is now? Illum 2.0 is simply the center pilon being camped by 30 - 40 of the same guild. Each instance has a guild camping it. You stand absolutely DICK chance of doing the questline unless your affiliated with said guild so why bother at all? For the amount of time you waste trying you could easily complete 2 - 3 warzones and earn a boatload more comms.

why do people keep ponding on this faction vs faction? why u want to zerg or be zerged ? thats all that happens in pvp faction games.

For many reasons. Mainly because it's star wars and the factions as they stand only restrict content. If the devs refuse to use factions for anything other than restricting who sits on which fleet 95% of the time they should be dropped all together.

On a side note, What do you mean "ponding"? I've never seen that word used before outside of urban planning? :)

Bioware did their part.. It's up to the people to actually pvp. Those lines make me laugh, glad they haven't occurred on our server

If everyone was thinking this, Ilum's PvP daily couldn't be completed by anyone, apart by some lucky stealthers.

PvP doesn't mean "hey, there's a mob there, let's attack it!" and temporary or long term alliances have to exist.

Yeah, I tried to play the game, and it's simply stupid with this kind of mentality... "group-up" with "ennemies" to destroy that one group preventing us all to do our "work", and all is ok. I actually have done this, been killed with my orb when I tried to use the pylon (nothing before it was interactive, although the "ennemy" group was there), then I went killing their orb's carriers, which is quite hard unless you're in an optimized group.

The fact is, this won't happen, because most players are too stupid to see this and they'll be the ones harassing all the others sooner or later, thus we end up with even less will to play the game (FFA 4-man pylon camping), and ultimately we'll see population deacrease, over and over.

Edited by JMCH

If everyone was thinking this, Ilum's PvP daily couldn't be completed by anyone, apart by some lucky stealthers.

Uh, first off... Anytime someone in my group needs to turn in an orb, we get it first try. Doesn't matter how many other people are around. Some wait patiently, some fight and lose.

If everyone thought like that, it might actually be more challenging and fun to complete that quest. Luck would have nothing to do with it. It would all be about keeping your team healed and cc'ing others around.

Lines and waiting aren't things the developers had in mind when they created the free for all zone..

I like it, it brings back good memories of Ilum.

And I really don't mind free for all in the middle of Ilum.

The only complaint I have is how long it will take to get the gear from the event. I know it will come back in the future but most of us won't be able to get the gear from it we need, this time around. For example, I want a legacy sniper rifle for my new sniper, but it costs 24 grey helixes. I can only get, what, one GH a day through the heroic?

I am a PvPer and this is a PvP event mostly, right? Yet, PvEers (raiders) will get the gear and the PvPers will have to wait for the event to come around for 2 more weeks and only then will we have enough for ONE item.

Way too strict guys... If I spend a whole week questing and PvPing in the new Ilum -- reward us with one of the weapons... I don't want to waste 4 weeks there to equip one weapon on one character.

I like it, it brings back good memories of Ilum.

And I really don't mind free for all in the middle of Ilum.

The only complaint I have is how long it will take to get the gear from the event. I know it will come back in the future but most of us won't be able to get the gear from it we need, this time around. For example, I want a legacy sniper rifle for my new sniper, but it costs 24 grey helixes. I can only get, what, one GH a day through the heroic?

I am a PvPer and this is a PvP event mostly, right? Yet, PvEers (raiders) will get the gear and the PvPers will have to wait for the event to come around for 2 more weeks and only then will we have enough for ONE item.

Way too strict guys... If I spend a whole week questing and PvPing in the new Ilum -- reward us with one of the weapons... I don't want to waste 4 weeks there to equip one weapon on one character.

You can get 10 more from doing the OP in both normal and hard mode or something like that.

I think i will just skip it.

You can get 10 more from doing the OP in both normal and hard mode or something like that.

I think i will just skip it.

Yeah I know, that's what I mean. You won't get PvPers to run both of those. And if you are guildless there is no way to get the reward.

So top end event rewards are made available to PvEers and not PvPers, which is where I have an issue with this 'PvP' event. :(

At least the other events made it possible to get all the rewards... this one doesn't. Rakghoul Plague, Sandpeople outfits and legacy weapons -- all could be gotten by every player in the game... this event limits the rewards for certain people only it seems, and that makes me sad. Seems like a poor dev choice. :(

Now, if they added helixes to the PvP quests in the middle of Ilum, that might have actually been an intelligent decision. Means if you do the heroic and the 2 pvp quests thats 3 GH a day. In 8 days of hard work, you can get one legacy weapon -- that seems reasonable to be....

Edited by Monterone

Yeah I know, that's what I mean. You won't get PvPers to run both of those. And if you are guildless there is no way to get the reward.

So top end event rewards are made available to PvEers and not PvPers, which is where I have an issue with this 'PvP' event. :(

At least the other events made it possible to get all the rewards... this one doesn't. Rakghoul Plague, Sandpeople outfits and legacy weapons -- all could be gotten by every player in the game... this event limits the rewards for certain people only it seems, and that makes me sad. Seems like a poor dev choice. :(

Now, if they added helixes to the PvP quests in the middle of Ilum, that might have actually been an intelligent decision. Means if you do the heroic and the 2 pvp quests thats 3 GH a day. In 8 days of hard work, you can get one legacy weapon -- that seems reasonable to be....

I can agree there. But then you would have more people enter the PvP area for the helix and complain when PvP happens to make it more than just click for a reward.

Lines and waiting aren't things the developers had in mind when they created the free for all zone..

Truth. When I logged on last night after work, folks were lining up like it was the DMV. When I finished my quest, it was properly restored to the intended mayhem and anarchy. When I came back later to help a guildy and some pugs, it was still anarchy :)

If people are being too orderly, I feel it is my civic duty to bring them some PvP. Between Tuesday night and Wednesday night I probably spent 90-120 minutes doing charity PvP work of disrupting order.

You are wrong

I grouped up with 1 guildie and 2 guildless PUGs to complete the mission on my main. I saw plenty of people soliciting in general chat for groups to complete this. I think we died with orbs twice which is reasonable since we were a smaller group than others there.

It is really little different from pugging a group for Black Hole Chasing the Shadow, with the caveat that you can do it with 4 but depending on PvP aggro, you might want more to help back you up.

As pointed out elsewhere, it appears you can get all the Gree rewards you want without ever doing the PvP heroic daily so skipping it is always an option.