Account key already in use when registering.

Kinag

Hi there,

so, my brother bought the game at the local EBgames store today and he went home and installed it. When he was about to register his game account, he put in his serial key and got the error message that it was already in use.

Not knowing any better, he applied his pre-order code instead (don't ask me why it even worked) so now I'm assuming he's got til 22nd to get this fixed somehow or his account won't be playable.

Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Thank you.

I got the CE of the game which I pre-ordered.....so months ago I was sent an email with the game key...I entered that and the bioware site said "congrats your game is registered"....so time went by I played the game with early access and all that...my account page on the swtor website where it walks you through the steps leading up to making a subscription to play the game confused me at this point (I thought the game was already registered)...

I had a brain fart and wasn't thinking....I kept trying to enter the same code from that pre-order email and it was saying "the game code you entered is already registered"...

Finally my physical copy was delivered and in the package...dun dun dun.....a completely different game code...I entered that...success! all is right with the world now (at least the world that involves playing SW:TOR under my account...lol)

So make sure you didn't do what I did....I don't know why Bioware was so vague...they should say on that registration email "this is JUST for early access play"....and then on the website it should say "We mean the coded included with the physical copy of the game or the code you were emailed on your receipt if you bought the digital version"...

I'm having the same issue. However I do know that I am not using my preorder code. I am using the Product Code given by my Origin account. Is there a problem with Origin? Origin does say the game isn't released yet and will not allow me to dl the game ... granted I already have it through preplay.