Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

Take a look at SWTORs own charts for the servers, they aren't full. Doing just fine and thats apparently not even all the servers, just the ones expected to handle the first few waves?

Many people say the servers are completely empty. >.<

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once more. The people recieving invites is RANDOM. First come =/= first serve. People who ordered LAST WEEK are in the game, the date setup is a loose thing, it's too chaotic for them to get it all straight.

Post have been too long I quess for people to go back. So here my issue again.

I can understand being an IT person not wanting to flood the gates. My problem is they had no clue of how to launch when they had exact numbers before going in. Do the math, the number of servers to the number of people. What they thought that maybe we would not all try to log in. People took off from work rearranged schedules. It was nice being excited about a game to come.

If they would have explained ahead of time what they needed to do and implemented correctly I would have no problem, but for people who have just pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago to receive e-mail then I have a problem because that is not what I was told by swtor. I know for a fact that happened becuase I bought for my son who watch me play beta and asked for it. I also have a friend who pre-ordered day one and did not receive e-mail. Ironic he is the one talked me into trying out.

I played the beta and they knew how many were online then. To launch the first day and all servers full is a problem. I do not want to play a game that I will continually have to be in queque to log in or crashing. We are just the pre-order people, what about the people when it hit the stores? They have not finished July pre-orders.

They made a great game but implemented wrong. Project manager should rethink and learn from this mistake. I hope they are buying servers as we speak.

Real gamers are very competitive and you just put a bunch of fans at a disadvantage, for no other reason than poor implementation.

This is frustration talking because common sense went out the door.

Clearly you haven't done any reading of what is available. The problem isn't lack of content, the problem is lack of competent people at BW that can actually anticipate how stupid their staggered invite system is. People are gonna have plenty to do, but no one to do it with due to the amount of time between each wave and the amount of people that gets in each time. Which means no end-game for anyone, not for a lack of content, but for a lack of people at the appropriate levels.

If people can't grind or roll and alt for a few days to wait for everyone else to catch up than they are seriously impatient. You power grind to cap before the game even launches, what do you expect?

Not like something similar to this, but within less time frame, hasn't happened before. I remember in WoTLK and Cata people were hitting new cap within hours of release. Don't think it hurt the game too badly, even though the bulk of the player base didn't cap until a week/weeks later.

I remember hitting cap in WoTLK 2 days after cap and it was weeks before my guildies and the rest of the bulk player base actually managed to catch up. And yet I was still able to find dungeon groups. As long as there is something to do that one can solo its fine.

I remember in Star Trek online hitting cap within about a week or less only to find out there wasn't anything to do other than grind daily quests and pvp (Which was bland with long queues due to faction imbalance.), and cryptic had no plans of implementing new content until months later. Needless to say I quit very quickly.

Take a look at SWTORs own charts for the servers, they aren't full. Doing just fine and thats apparently not even all the servers, just the ones expected to handle the first few waves?

They changed their charts... 90% of the servers were showing FULL then all of a sudden they changed the page layout with all the full servers showing "standard".

Not sure what changed all of a sudden but it did..

No you should read our comments. Not the issue. Thats the problem people want to complain about people complaining and have no clue why we are. You never read all all post just defend and have no reason.

You flame someone on every page like you own the thread... I've been reading in here all day, and there's no shortage of people whining about the same thing over and over.

Go occupy a life. This thread is over 140 pages long and is in no way "on-topic"

Atleast i'm not spamming the forums. Every five posts I see your name and a few words that don't even form a proper sentence.

Shoo.

Yeah ATm all the EU servers are LIGHT. The US servers are standard with NINE (9) lights and 2 heavy (one of which is flipping to standard and back to heavy ever so often).

In otherwords atm there is room for a ton more players, Bioware could continue to bring on-line more servers and let more people in... BUT HERE IS THE DEAL - THEY AREN'T

BIOWARE IS PURPOSELY JUST SITTING BACK, NOT OPENING SERVERS, AND NOT ALLOWING MORE PEOPLE IN. All the while there is room currently, and they could be making more room... but they are not.

Post have been too long I quess for people to go back. So here my issue again.

I can understand being an IT person not wanting to flood the gates. My problem is they had no clue of how to launch when they had exact numbers before going in. Do the math, the number of servers to the number of people. What they thought that maybe we would not all try to log in. People took off from work rearranged schedules. It was nice being excited about a game to come.

If they would have explained ahead of time what they needed to do and implemented correctly I would have no problem, but for people who have just pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago to receive e-mail then I have a problem because that is not what I was told by swtor. I know for a fact that happened becuase I bought for my son who watch me play beta and asked for it. I also have a friend who pre-ordered day one and did not receive e-mail. Ironic he is the one talked me into trying out.

I played the beta and they knew how many were online then. To launch the first day and all servers full is a problem. I do not want to play a game that I will continually have to be in queque to log in or crashing. We are just the pre-order people, what about the people when it hit the stores? They have not finished July pre-orders.

They made a great game but implemented wrong. Project manager should rethink and learn from this mistake. I hope they are buying servers as we speak.

Real gamers are very competitive and you just put a bunch of fans at a disadvantage, for no other reason than poor implementation.

This is frustration talking because common sense went out the door.

great post bringng other issues to light untill.....

guess im not a real gamer. meh ill go back to sucking my thumb watching cartoons now

lol no they are not! You are misguided.

"

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down."

ok so they had a spike in July for sales, why??

because the game went on sale, umm.

Then the pre-orders were probably even (settled down) through weeks of each month.

So when the pre's went on sale July 19(?) they sold 119,260 in 12 days hence a spike

the other months the 200k+ was stretched over 4 weeks

Total

July 30th 119,260

Aug 27th 334,330

Oct 1st 463,513

Oct 29th 654,810

Nov 26th 900,756

Dec 10th 939,358

Monthly Increase

July 30th 119,260

Aug 27th + 215,070

Oct 1st + 129,183 *September’s #’s as 10/1 was better to use than 9/24

Oct 29th + 191,297

Nov 26th + 245,946

Dec 10th + 38,602

Edited by PewPew_StabStab

Yeah ATm all the EU servers are LIGHT. The US servers are standard with NINE (9) lights and 2 heavy (one of which is flipping to standard and back to heavy ever so often).

In otherwords atm there is room for a ton more players, Bioware could continue to bring on-line more servers and let more people in... BUT HERE IS THE DEAL - THEY AREN'T

BIOWARE IS PURPOSELY JUST SITTING BACK, NOT OPENING SERVERS, AND NOT ALLOWING MORE PEOPLE IN. All the while there is room currently, and they could be making more room... but they are not.

Good point. Are we all going away to make servers lighter. Do not think so.

Once more. The people recieving invites is RANDOM. First come =/= first serve. People who ordered LAST WEEK are in the game, the date setup is a loose thing, it's too chaotic for them to get it all straight.

proof? They say they are inviting depending on the date you entered your pre-order code. Someone posting on a forum they pre-ordered last week and are in most likely are NOT in and are just having fun making people rage.

There is no way its too chaotic... they have the exact date,s and even show it on the website when you pre-ordered. its not hard to write a simple script to get that info and generate a list of who to let in...

I looked at them earlier today.. a few said medium, I think one said something else.. light maybe... but pretty much 95% of them all said "FULL" I am glad it looks different now... but earlier this afternoon that is what it said.

I get the distinct impression the people doing the bulk of complaining about this Early Access either have no real experience with MMO game launches or they're completely ignoring all the issues that typically occur during MMO launches. Issues that Bioware appears to be handling fairly well thus far.

Given the volume of people gravitating towards this game, I'm actually pretty amazed the launch is even going as well as it is. Hopefully it continues as they let more and more people in.

Bottom line, I'd love to be playing too, but I'll take a staggered entry over massive player congestion and nearly unplayable gaming conditions any day.

They changed their charts... 90% of the servers were showing FULL then all of a sudden they changed the page layout with all the full servers showing "standard".

Not sure what changed all of a sudden but it did..

Im pretty sure they changed the max for each server...I think they have limits each day so people will go to differnet servers..in hopes they have more ballanced server populations overall. So pretty much each phase of invites they will raise the arbitary 'max' population for the day to promote proper dispersion.

ok so they had a spike in July for sales, why??

because the game went on sale, umm.

Then the pre-orders were probably even (settled down) through weeks of each month.

So when the pre's went on sale July 19(?) they sold 119,260 in 12 days hance a spike

the other months the 200k+ was stretched over 4 weeks

Total

July 30th 119,260

Aug 27th 334,330

Oct 1st 463,513

Oct 29th 654,810

Nov 26th 900,756

Dec 10th 939,358

Monthly Increase

July 30th 119,260

Aug 27th + 215,070

Oct 1st + 129,183 *September’s #’s as 10/1 was better to use than 9/24

Oct 29th + 191,297

Nov 26th + 245,946

Dec 10th + 38,602

So spend the money to satisfy customer or just be plain honest.

Hmmm I dont know why they are doing this but I thought it was so players at lower levels dont get bottle necked and thus by doing a staggered launch it allows a bigger spread on player level at the start.

Which makes sense, saves opening 50 more servers than you need too just to merge them a month later.

But hey im only guessing.

I get the distinct impression the people doing the bulk of complaining about this Early Access either have no real experience with MMO game launches or they're completely ignoring all the issues that typically occur during MMO launches. Issues that Bioware appears to be handling fairly well thus far.

Given the volume of people gravitating towards this game, I'm actually pretty amazed the launch is even going as well as it is. Hopefully it continues as they let more and more people in.

Bottom line, I'd love to be playing too, but I'll take a staggered entry over massive player congestion and nearly unplayable gaming conditions any day.

i get the distinct feeling that anybody saying this is great is a complete fanboi who wont hold BW accountable for not so good implementation.

Im pretty sure they changed the max for each server...I think they have limits each day so people will go to differnet servers..in hopes they have more ballanced server populations overall. So pretty much each phase of invites they will raise the arbitary 'max' population for the day to promote proper dispersion.

^^ This

I have been so tempted to post that I pre ordered 3 days ago and got in on the final wave on the 13th and watch people rage but I wont because that would be cruel.:(:confused:

/bump , keep this bumped

In addition to this i have a guildy on N Rebels says there a people around but not many.

THERE IS NO EMOTION;there is peace.

THERE IS NO IGNORANCE;there is knowledge.

THERE IS NO PASSION;there is serenity.

THERE IS NO DEATH,there is the FORCE.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL.

PEACE IS A LIE!

There is only PASSION!

Through Passion, I gain strength!

Through Strength, I gain power!

Through Power, I gain victory!

Through Victory, my chains are broken.

The force shall set me free!

people are talking about oh july pre - orders got in today and all this bull crap. they arent going month by month. its completely random. i have a friend who pre-ordered on december 7th and got in today lol. i even got in today and i ordered nov 30. so its completely random people it doesnt matter when you ordered and ITS NOT MONTH BY MONTH!!!!!

O THE QUES WILL MAKE ME RAGE I HAVE TO SAY.

since i play a bunch of mmo's knowing how it go's,

1st you get early access= nasty lag due to heavy volume.

2nd bug's not forseen

3rd everyone doing questing and waiting for respawns.

4th kick off server can't lag back in.

do these sound like they happened in the past?

if there doing it to control these issues whats the problem,relax atleast the launch will hopefully be better.

I sorry but do you know they decided what guilds would go on which server. I will not think you know IT so it's like a hard drive. You only have so much room. Being a gamer myself I understand the flood I just do not understand them not knowing and the feed back they would get for not being honest or supplying themselves with what they need to be successuful.