Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

This is the only thing i have gone by. Not sure if it includes digital copies or not.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x444/oldneb/chart.jpg

"At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range."

Taken from a sticky on this forum.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol no, those numbers are hard copies only. No figures have been given for digital preorders.

Yep, and they are still not done with the July pre-order invites.

As people keep saying, if this is a struggle for them then how the hell are they going to cope when hundreds of thousands ..... if not over a million .... all try and log in on December 20th.

The servers will cry and the hamsters will have heart attacks.

If they want the servers ready for launch they need to pack them because they are going to get hammered come official launch and as it stands .... Bioware isn't ready.

Cancel, it won't hurt the game. They know this so should you. I don't want them holding my hand all the way through the game nor before I get in. And to those of you worried about losing your names, or people being higher level than you just get over it. We will all get to 50 sooner or later. Remember its just a game, babies.

While there are certainly some folks who are taking things to an extreme, the fact remains that this so-called staggered approach will mean little in the end. If the servers cannot support the amount of subscriptions, it won't matter whether its today or five days from now - they won't be able to support it.

The only difference is that Bioware won't find this out until official launch day as opposed to now, when they could conceivably do something about it.

I think they are just trolling us.

I would worry more about when the game actually launches instead of now. Yes if the servers are very unstable on launch day after all this testing then there is something to complain about. But now? please, give me a god damn break and grow the hell up to people crying like kids. Every game seems to have an issue here and there on launch day, no idea why but it happens. Annoying big time but it happens. I remember buying a PSO game on the psp and on launch day they had no servers until the late night. That was fine, I did other stuff in the mean time.

Yep, and they are still not done with the July pre-order invites.

As people keep saying, if this is a struggle for them then how the hell are they going to cope when hundreds of thousands ..... if not over a million .... all try and log in on December 20th.

The servers will cry and the hamsters will have heart attacks.

If they want the servers ready for launch they need to pack them because they are going to get hammered come official launch and as it stands .... Bioware isn't ready.

Those numbers, 920k, are for North American retail Preorders ONLY. It doesn't account for the vast amount of people who ordered digitally world wide, or retail world wide. ONLY the US.

"At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range."

Taken from a sticky on this forum.

I saw that, but if you look from July 30th to Aug 6th, it jumps up a considerable amount that week. Not saying im right at all because im probably not, just saying that looks like a "spike" as well.

Absolutely this. Regardless if you label my opinion as childish because you, as an adult, can wait longer than myself, can honestly say I feel like I wasted £130 on nothing but frustration thus far. The communication from the devs to us is limited to twitter and I can't be the only old fart not in the know on how to use that silly thing.

I think all of this, simply put, is a grand example to the fact Bioware has absolutely no MMO experience. And like it or not, I find that worrying because I want SWTOR to succeed where every single other MMO, bar one, has fallen.

I haven't been on Twitter till the devs on this game started using it. So I will agree with you on that much.

If your waiting for the email your being impatient wrong. :p Email can be delayed by whatever email service your using.

You wait for the client to light the play button up. The sticky before the old forum wipe said that's the much better way to do it. Your access to the server may come much sooner than the email letting you know.

This is true. My play button lit up right when they announced wave 2. The email came about 39-40 minutes later.

I saw that, but if you look from July 30th to Aug 6th, it jumps up a considerable amount that week. Not saying im right at all because im probably not, just saying that looks like a "spike" as well.

There are no official figures for any of it, the ONLY thing we have to go on is that the first few days saw a HUGE spike... The chart linked is not official, and is most likely false.

Those numbers, 920k, are for North American retail Preorders ONLY. It doesn't account for the vast amount of people who ordered digitally world wide, or retail world wide. ONLY the US.

You really don't get it do you?

I'll type slowly (in joke).

If they are struggling with the FIRST MONTH of pre orders .... (that bit sunk in?) ... then how are they going to cope with the masses (when they have no staggered control) at launch day?

I'm not bothered at all about early access or how many pre orders they sold. What concerns me is if they are having trouble getting people into the game when they have control then they will have no chance at all when they have no control.

They can't e-mail people on launch day and say "Thanks for buying the game, we'll e-mail you when we can let you log in".....

I do have friends that are playing that I am talking to from time to time, so far easily the smoothest launch of an MMO ever.

While I have no problem waiting to gain early access, I will say that virtually ANY MMO could have had a smooth launch if they only let in ~10% of their total players ;)

this has the appearance of a smooth launch to those playing, because they didn't let very many people into the game. Wait till the floodgates open.

This may also be true. I came on in wave 2 and it's been really smooth from my perspective. Plenty of other players arounnd, but no so many we are fighting over spawns.

You really don't get it do you?

I'll type slowly (in joke).

If they are struggling with the FIRST MONTH of pre orders .... (that bit sunk in?) ... then how are they going to cope with the masses (when they have no staggered control) at launch day?

I'm not bothered at all about early access or how many pre orders they sold. What concerns me is if they are having trouble getting people into the game when they have control then they will have no chance at all when they have no control.

They can't e-mail people on launch day and say "Thanks for buying the game, we'll e-mail you when we can let you log in".....

Stop being condescending or this conversation just ends right here. Thank you.

You have no numbers to base anything off of. THEY have the numbers on how many preordered and when, THEY have an idea of what to expect the 20th, THEY have the numbers, and THEY have not shared them.

If 10mil players preordered between the 21st and the 27th JULY then getting 10mil players in would be pretty damn amazing. Also that would most likely count for the largest amount of people who were going to play this game.

It is safe to say that BW is reading the post because they are closing down any threads that are talking about the same thing.

I think that tommorrow they will get the hint and try and push out as many waves as they can handle. If not....well if you thought todays complaints were bad...try and tell a fan boy he didnt get in 2 days in a row. LMAO

I hope they don't try to force out a ton of invites tomorrow. Not only will people still be complaining about not getting in but the servers would be crowded. I just don't understand how 5 waves over a few hours translates to multiple waves thought the day. Could have saved me some time by saying a few invites in the morning then nothing until tomorrow.

It is safe to say that BW is reading the post because they are closing down any threads that are talking about the same thing.

I think that tommorrow they will get the hint and try and push out as many waves as they can handle. If not....well if you thought todays complaints were bad...try and tell a fan boy he didnt get in 2 days in a row. LMAO

ROFL you think they really care? They have a predesignated wave system set up. They got through the orders up to August 1st (I Think)

Tues Aug 15th - 30th

Wed Sept 1st 15th

Thurs Sept 15th - 30th

Friday Oct 1st - 15th

Sat / Sunday Off

Monday Oct 15th - Nov 1st

Tuesday Dec 20th Open launch!

So if you preordered in November or later you will probably get in Dec 21st

Edited by Bocefas

ROFL you think they really care? They have a predesignated wave system set up. They got through the orders up to August 1st (I Think)

Tues Aug 15th - 30th

Wed Sept 1st 15th

Thurs Sept 15th - 30th

Friday Oct 1st - 15th

Sat / Sunday Off

They didnt even make the end of July so all of this is inaccurate.

Tues Aug 15th - 30th

Wed Sept 1st 15th

Thurs Sept 15th - 30th

Friday Oct 1st - 15th

Sat / Sunday Off

Nope. I'm July 30 and not in.