Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

Oh, are you one of those that thinks this launch went well? Then I'm sorry for having a different opinion than you, and according to internet laws, orders you to call me a troll. Between 200 and 500 million sperm cells and you were the one to win the race, go figure.

Simply add up the number of posts the SW:TOR forums have had since they were wiped less then 12 hours ago, and you know that this was in no way a clean early access launch, Its interesting that to Bioware its better to throw resources at forums than on servers and the techs they obviously are so understaffed for, why else the low number of invites today??

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand being an IT person not wanting to flood the gates. My problem is they had no clue of how to launch when they had exact numbers before going in. Do the math, the number of servers to the number of people. What they thought that maybe we would not all try to log in. People took off from work rearranged schedules. It was nice being excited about a game to come.

If they would have explained ahead of time what they needed to do and implemented correctly I would have no problem, but for people who have just pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago to receive e-mail then I have a problem because that is not what I was told by swtor. I know for a fact that happened becuase I bought for my son who watch me play beta and asked for it. I also have a friend who pre-ordered day one and did not receive e-mail. Ironic he is the one talked me into trying out.

I played the beta and they knew how many were online then. To launch the first day and all servers full is a problem. I do not want to play a game that I will continually have to be in queque to log in or crashing. We are just the pre-order people, what about the people when it hit the stores? They have not finished July pre-orders.

They made a great game but implemented wrong. Project manager should rethink and learn from this mistake. I hope they are buying servers as we speak.

Real gamers are very competitive and you just put a bunch of fans at a disadvantage, for no other reason than poor implementation.

This is frustration talking because common sense went out the door.

I don't understand why anyone with a serious job would use one of their 15-30 days per year of paid vacation/leave time to play a early release that may not even come for several more days. Seems alot of people assumed they would get lucky and be in on the first day. Maybe it's just me though. If the person works at Burger King or something, it's obviously a bit different.

Wall of Text...yup quoted like this.

I think you're missing a key point here.

Yes they know how many people pre-ordered. What they don't know is when everyone will be logging in due to things like work, school, family and other social obligations. They also don't know what type of server everyone is going to choose. East Coast, West Coast, EU, PvE, PvP, RP-PvE, RP-PvP. They're observing things and staggering launch just like they said they would be.

If you can't understand that, then you're not looking at the big picture. Early access was bumped up 2 days. This isn't beta. This is launch and they're handling launch in the way they see fit...in a staggered release to ensure server balancing. They had their stress test. This is also the same build that has already been tested with the same systems that have already been put under several stress tests.

I feel like I've already gotten my $5 worth with being able to beta test as much as I did. Plus, I get to play the game at least 5 days early. $1 a day. Not too shabby.

I'm sorry that you disagree with the way this game was launched, but if you don't like it you can always go develop your own MMO and have launch go the way you want it to.

See you in game soon ;)

And of course the Launch will be smooth on 20th, because everyone had pre-order access. How many will really start only on 20th? Maybe 10% of upcoming players base. So this is really the real launch and the 20th is just for lulz.

No sorry it's not for lulz, it's for "no need to have great user experience, lets just build up hype during office hours and then read this thread outside of office hours for lulz" ;)

Simply add up the number of posts the SW:TOR forums have had since they were wiped less then 12 hours ago, and you know that this was in no way a clean early access launch, Its interesting that to Bioware its better to throw resources at forums than on servers and the techs they obviously are so understaffed for, why else the low number of invites today??

You were expecting a clean launch? Therein lies the problem.

What prevents them from clicking "sent invite" after 15:00 EST? Big brother is not in the house so boys can't play with toys?

No, they didn't want to send out more invites because a large percentage of people who already recieved invites hadn't logged on as they were at work/school/out. We all know a massive of people log on to a game 4pm +

It's not even the 15th yet, when EGA officially begins as what was promised. It's starting earlier even, and people are complaining, saying the game is launched and they can't play crycrycrycry. The game's official release is Dec 20th. Whether the game is technically launched, as in up and running with some people playing in it, is irrelevant.

If you ordered on the first day, and it was Dec 16th, and you don't have access to the game yet, I can see where complaints may have a point. Since that isn't the case PLEASE stop being babies, it's embarrassing to me as a human being.

I wish I could give posts a thumbs up.

They have 2M of preorders, by the tempo they are showing us ... few of us will have only several hours of early access ....

Oh, are you one of those that thinks this launch went well? Then I'm sorry for having a different opinion than you, and according to internet laws, orders you to call me a troll. Between 200 and 500 million sperm cells and you were the one to win the race, go figure.

Launch??

No, it isn't. At least not the way you would like it to mean.

Early Access with live servers? That is what it is.

The servers have launched because well... you don't play without those being up.

Retail release is December 20th, come back then and proclaim that the launch was a failure if it actually is.

Edited by Darkeus

Yes they know how many people pre-ordered. What they don't know is when everyone will be logging in due to things like work, school, family and other social obligations. They also don't know what type of server everyone is going to choose. East Coast, West Coast, EU, PvE, PvP, RP-PvE, RP-PvP. They're observing things and staggering launch just like they said they would be.

If you can't understand that, then you're not looking at the big picture. Early access was bumped up 2 days. This isn't beta. This is launch and they're handling launch in the way they see fit...in a staggered release to ensure server balancing. They had their stress test. This is also the same build that has already been tested with the same systems that have already been put under several stress tests.

I feel like I've already gotten my $5 worth with being able to beta test as much as I did. Plus, I get to play the game at least 5 days early. $1 a day. Not too shabby.

I'm sorry that you disagree with the way this game was launched, but if you don't like it you can always go develop your own MMO and have launch go the way you want it to.

See you in game soon ;)

i bet they can assume very close thanks to guild creation programm which "forces" server selection

ARGGHHHH! it's not about server stability, that is an assumption of people who like type more than they like to read. they are growing the servers, letting people in seeing where they go and reacting accordingly, i personally like the idea of not having to worry if my server is going to become under populated making the game less enjoyable and accessible until they inevitably have to merge my server :S

I don't know about you, but i really don't want every server to be like Mal'Ganis or Illidan.

No, they didn't want to send out more invites because a large percentage of people who already recieved invites hadn't logged on as they were at work/school/out. We all know a massive of people log on to a game 4pm +

On euro servers? Sure they are logging in it's 01:00 UTC.. Guess they just miss the fine detail of knowing where their preordering players are.

See you in game soon ;)

You dont understand that staggering early access solve nothing. They have to let everyone in sooner or later and IF SERVERS CANT handle the players now, why do you think they will handle in few days, or on launch ?

Edited by Dogblaster

God. do you people not even realize that initially the early game access was going to be the 15th.... they ADDED 2 days to early access... So were you QQ'ing when you thought you were going to get in on the 15th? Chances are..no. So wait until the 15th, and if your still not in, and you were one of the first pre-orders... THAN you have the right to QQ.

They have 2M of preorders, by the tempo they are showing us ... few of us will have only several hours of early access ....

I would expect to see increasing numbers of invites in each wave, so maybe double the number tomorrow, or somthing like that.

You dont understand that staggering early access solve nothing. They have to let everyone in sooner or later and IF SERVERS CANT handle the players now, why do you think they will handle on launch ?

Because from now to launch they already have "invited" 90% of the players that would play the game on launch. Crisis averted.

It's not even the 15th yet, when EGA officially begins as what was promised. It's starting earlier even, and people are complaining, saying the game is launched and they can't play crycrycrycry. The game's official release is Dec 20th. Whether the game is technically launched, as in up and running with some people playing in it, is irrelevant.

If you ordered on the first day, and it was Dec 16th, and you don't have access to the game yet, I can see where complaints may have a point. Since that isn't the case PLEASE stop being babies, it's embarrassing to me as a human being.

I wish I could give posts a thumbs up.

Look mate, its officially Early access launch the 13th of december, it became official the day they announced it in print, on their own website and various other sites such as FB and twitter, so quit saying its the 15th of december, its simply not true... If it were the 15th of december, how come we all know that its today the 13th of december that early access starts?

ps. no you cannot have that cookie, someone who I don't know, and who most likely wont come pick it up said he wanted it before you did, so tough luck!

On euro servers? Sure they are logging in it's 01:00 UTC.. Guess they just miss the fine detail of knowing where their preordering players are.

lol being in uk totally agree.. but can you seriously imagine the reaction if they continued sending invites to EU and not US, i would not want to be on these forums when that proverbial hit the fan lol

True but this isnt launch day

No one will win that argument. Especially when the laucher message was:

Welcome Message from Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare's largest and most ambitious project to date, and we're very proud that you've been able to join us. It's an honor to be able to share this game with you.

That does not come off as a message meant for Dec 20th, no, that was the message for Dec 13th.

My only issue here is people wanna play with thier friends... this is an MMO, meant to be played with other people.. preferably people you know, or like.

This system has completely ruined the nature of the game. Solo wolfs will not care, they are busy power lvl'n so they can spam general chat in a week because they have skipped over the fun. But those who wanna play this game with friends or guildmates has been thrown out the window with this EGA.

I dont care when I get in, and im not saying a staggered launch is a bad idea..There are certainly a lot of pros to doing this. But maybe, just maybe they should have concidered the cons as well and planned better.

Well said my playing mate is already lvl11 and he will roll another char the day I log in for us to play together having exeprienced the content once alone. I don't care when I will be playing, they could have just let us i both on the 19th for all I care, now he is playing and I am not, that's the greatest issue in this EGA.