supreme inquisitors robe

khankillyou

I am wondering where the Supreme inquisitors robe drops? thanks for the help

I've heard of it dropping elsewhere but I got mine off Dootu Mu Bacha on Hoth, some have also gotten it off the Talz Taskmaster and Veteran.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1043/13supremeinquisitorsfar.jpg

Map of the drop points. I dont know what number 3 is I got mine off the guy at point 2 within a hour.

Unless they've raised the drop rate recently, getting those robes to drop within an hour is an exceptional stroke of good luck. I'd bet the drop rate is some tiny fraction of 1%. I probably put in 10 hours over a couple of weeks back and forth to those drop areas - countless oranges, even pieces from the Supreme Inquisitor set, but no robe.

It's a shame there aren't more robes like these.

Edited by jgelling

Points 1 and 2 are best known for dropping it.. more so no.1

I spent 2 weeks....7-8 hours a day farming..(was ill so it killed time) only on the last day did that chest piece drop thats how low the drop rate it.. Kudos to those who have had it drop in lesser time/almost instanly you've been lucky

Whats worse now, is since 1.3/1.4 ALL the loot drops have been nerfed, now your lucky to even get any oranges from drops, its mainly green and blue trash nowadays rare for oranges of decent value and ultra rare for a modable purple, i think its BW's way of saying "stop farming and trying to exploit us" well what else is there to do in game?...

I've heard of it dropping elsewhere but I got mine off Dootu Mu Bacha on Hoth, some have also gotten it off the Talz Taskmaster and Veteran.

Ive heard it drops of these 3 guys, but after about 100 odd i found the wrist and some other orange pieces. Sounds like a real shot in the dark rare and you could spend all your gaming time on this....i have one, bought for 1.5 mill, much better idea.

To be clear, the robe doesn't sell for 1.5-2 million credits+ on a good day when it's even available because you can farm it in under an hour. Anyone that was fortunate enough to, I wonder if they did that before or after patch 1.3? And then again, some people are just exceptionally lucky.

It's not quite as bad as the 1% mount drops in WoW, but farming these robes (which should be readily available since they're among the few non-crappy caster robes) is definitely a huge, gigantic chore.

Edited by jgelling

They nerfed the drop rate, on basically everything, when they launched the cartel shop, I would assume in an attempt to force us to buy stuff instead.

The drop rate prior to the cash shop was fair and I got a robe and some of the other pieces in the set. I also got a ton of other orange drops while farming, to the point that I had to go back to the fleet and put things on GTN after an hour or so of farming. Nowdays you're lucky if you get a blue drop. BW killed the last incentive to leave the fleet at 50.

Unfortunately for those of us that want this robe and are willing to take the time to farm certain npcs for it we are getting hosed by the nerf to the drop rates. Sure I understand wanting to make the cartel shop all shiny, pretty, and appealing so we all ooh and aah then buy stuff there cause it is easy and simple, but there are still tons of in game items out there that many players still want. Really they need to raise the drop chances up some. It's pretty ridiculous to spend hours on end trying to get certain items and get almost next to nothing while doing so now. I know for a lot of players it causes enough frustration they rant about quitting and log out, I've seen that several times in general chat.

Not sure why you are blaming the cartel market, they lowered the drop rate way before the market.

And no, rare items should be rare, that way when you get them, you actually have a sense of accomplishment

unless you grinded the gtn.

Be careful if you start down the pathof trying to farm these robes - it's a trail of tears.

This.

I farmed it for a few weeks on Hoth and even they guy on Quesh with no luck. Finally bought one for 500k on the GTN. That was before the server merges when they weren't quite as expensive as they are now.

I just got one on the GTN last week for 2360 credits! :eek:

Yeah two thousand, not million, I almost soiled myself.

Not sure who posted the listing, but they surely did not know what they had.

I had been trying to farm this item from July through October at least 3 hours each day with zero success. Got a bunch of other cool orange pieces, but absolutely no Supreme drops what so ever. Then one day, all of the usual guys (Dutuu, Taskmaster, etc) only started dropping greens. To this day all they drop for my lvl50 toons are green quality items. I only saw an orange drop with my level 42 toon I was leveling.

So good luck to all, and keep an eye on the GTN. They pop up for crazy cheap sometimes.

• 2 years later...