The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gear from other bioware games

How about a cartel pack that includes items from other bioware games? This pack would cost 100 cartel coins, include two/ three pieces of gear and include items from different bioware games.

Such as:

-N7 Armor

-Blood Dragon Armor (armor set from ME2/3 which has a dragon age theme and paint job)

-Mass Effect weapons

-Omni-Blade - new animation which replaces vibroknife or scattergun

-Companion customisation kits - Legion customisation for HK-51, EDI customisation for C2-N2/ 2V-R8

- Random companion customisations (make Aric Jorgan look like garrus, including voice distorting effect for example)

This is all I can think of so far, i'm more familiar with Mass Effect than other bioware games (I own DA:O and DA2, but i'm finishing ME3 first before i play them)

This is Starwars, despite EA basically owning it completely - I can't agree with this.

Take SWG as an example, they screwed around with the timeline of items and got enough drama from it. Imagine if you suddenly started throwing in items from other 'alternative' realities - not only would they look out of place, but the already lacking immersion in some cases would be shot further still.

I like the suggestion. They had Blood Dragon armor for ME and it didn't break immersion, it was simply cool.

Further, not everyone playing here came here as a Star Wars fan, some came here as Bioware fans. I'd like references to those other games, subtle, not so subtle... There are various possibilities of implementation.

George Lucas Denied all non star wars themed items.

He did not want parody's, like a quest called Beam me Up, Vette. or some stupid pop culture references.

Too bad he sold StarWars to Disney. Lucas has no power to prevent BW from doing any thing it wants so long as Disney approves.

Mass Effect gear is ok since it looks similar, wow or any other fantasy like game no. This is a sci-fi mmorpg not a fantasy based theme game.

Edited by Knockerz

some of the BW games would fit in, others not so much.

Bounty Hunter Gear pretty much = ME

Smuggler = some DA

Jedi = some DA

and of course KOTR

you could add some looks without breaking immersion. The OP doesn't call for all armor from all games.

That said, BW usually only makes one or two available across games and its usually part of a promotional package, much like the digital upgrade in SWTOR. Perhaps if they added the, with ME3 you get this access. But I'd be surprised to see them add this something that can be traded on the GTN.

George Lucas Denied all non star wars themed items.

He did not want parody's, like a quest called Beam me Up, Vette. or some stupid pop culture references.

You mean to tell me the Great Flanneled One plays TOR?

Also, BioWare is notorious for lacing all their games with various easter eggs and other references, including TOR.

If they do introduce other BW items into the game, it'd need to be correctly adapted to fit the SW universe.

Also, BioWare is notorious for lacing all their games with various easter eggs and other references, including TOR.

If they do introduce other BW items into the game, it'd need to be correctly adapted to fit the SW universe.

Well i've read through this thread since posting, and I agree with this post, it'd have to be adapted to fit the star wars universe, i'm not expecting plain dragon age armor sets to be added.

I believe the M8- Avenger Assault Rifle from Mass Effect would be a good model to add for blaster rifles, While some of the outfits from the game could easily be adapted to fit star wars.

I agree! I wouldn't mind seeing trooper/bh armour that was 'inspired' by the DA blood dragon armour set, even a few peices from ME wouldn't hurt so long as they didn't stand out to the point where people unfamiliar with ME or DA go, "What the heell is that?"

But DEFINATELY NO NO and more NO to the companion customisations that make them look like ME characters... If you want to run around with Leigon or any others go play the ME games... the reason they added HK-51 as a companion is because of how popular HK-47 was in KOTOR 1&2, it adds to SW themed nostalgia.

Sure, I'd love to turn one of my Companions into Alistair from DA Origins... Actually no... He belongs in DA Origins, not SWTOR, same with all the others :rolleyes:

Now a NPC that resembles some of these characters in appearance/voice wouldn't hurt, so long as they didn't actually become companions, and had minor roles... Just a little something that's easily missable for anyone not paying attention/familiar with the games. :D

Too bad he sold StarWars to Disney. Lucas has no power to prevent BW from doing any thing it wants so long as Disney approves.

Mass Effect gear is ok since it looks similar, wow or any other fantasy like game no. This is a sci-fi mmorpg not a fantasy based theme game.

To bad Disney doesn't seem to be willing to pump any money into what is now basically their MMO. :/