The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model and color

ZeroPlus

This has been in the Suggestion forum for a few months now (just see my signature :)).

The Cartel Market would be a great way to finally put this out there. But please make it directly purchasable (as you did with The Gamorrean Axe) and not as a possible "drop" from a pack (as you have done with all other Cartel weapons).

Yes! I need a second for my slinger.

This has been in the Suggestion forum for a few months now (just see my signature :)).

The Cartel Market would be a great way to finally put this out there. But please make it directly purchasable (as you did with The Gamorrean Axe) and not as a possible "drop" from a pack (as you have done with all other Cartel weapons).

concur

IMO character custom weapon appearance choice ranks from best to worse:

• rilfes - shapes, sizes and colors here - one for all occasions and playstyles
  • sniper rifles - suprising how many long barrel looks there are
  • vibro swords - not many force users sport them, but there are a few looks
  • assault cannon - my least favorite looking weapon and they are all meh - the NPC cannons look better
  • pistols - below level 48 in particular, they are all toy-like
  • sabers - might as well not be any difference

Not just the A-300, but all the single time award pistols from class quests (from both the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter story lines) need to have a version added to the cartel market so they can be duel wielded.

Because while the single award is fine if you are a Scoundrel or Powertech, you’re screwed over if you are a gunslinger or merc and want to duel wield.

/signed request for A-300 model.

As far as colors go, it can either be the same or use the variant that's on the operations/warzone vendor, which is even nicer. (I'm not sure what the blaster is called, but it's the scoped version)

Aha!

Please resist all temptation to 'tart it up' with tacky holo projections. Just make it high-res and use high quality materials.

Thank you muchly

Edited by ArenRakescar
Added link

/signed request for A-300 model.

As far as colors go, it can either be the same or use the variant that's on the operations/warzone vendor, which is even nicer. (I'm not sure what the blaster is called, but it's the scoped version)

Aha!

Please resist all temptation to 'tart it up' with tacky holo projections. Just make it high-res and use high quality materials.

Thank you muchly

Ahh, the famous "Custom M-44 Blaster Pistol". In over a year of playing I have never seen this pistol. Ever. It is one of those that's in the game files but just isn't available in game. Even if it was, it is a "blue" quality weapon (despite the "orange" name on TorHead) so not moddable. :(

But at least the model exists and with a different color scheme.

Edited by ZeroPlus

• 2 months later...
Great idea. Best looking blaster in the game and my slinger needs a matching pair. Please make this happen.

Agreed

please add another pistol with this model

thank you in advance

Edit: you think Armstechs could make these if you RE it and it procced? :) or maybe it wont give a schematic? :(

Edited by Fallerup

Have you had a look at two fingers revenge ?

Yes I have.

Now I ask: have you had a look at the A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler? Have you compared the A-300 to Two-Finger's?

Can we agree that they are different?

If anything, Two-Finger's (and all the other pistols like it) is an A-300 with "things" (an extra bar under the barrel and a scope) added to it... I prefer, and apparently so do many others, the clean lines of the A-300.

• 1 month later...
i really hope they put this one in

You stole my gamer name (Mikells) *DEATH STARE!* It's K. Using it for my 'slinger on Harbinger (formerly Dalborra). And yes I approve of this idea. I'm dual-wielding an A-300 and a Two-Fingers Revenge but I'd REALLY like to dual-wield the A-300

I wholeheartedly support this suggestion. Right now I've got Two-fingers and one of the Basic Gear Medical Pistols as my matching set. They work, but the A-300 will always have a place in my storage locker.

• 4 months later...

can not understand how something this easy to fix still has not been fixed. I'd also like a matching flashy (did I get that right, the other class/quest reward pistol)

in short, having classes that dual wield and NOT providing matching mainhand and offhand weapons is symptomatic of sloppy thoughtless development, however, its something that is trivial to fix. I would simply suggest adding a second gun to everyone who has one and is a dual wielding spec.

concur

IMO character custom weapon appearance choice ranks from best to worse:

• rilfes - shapes, sizes and colors here - one for all occasions and playstyles
  • sniper rifles - suprising how many long barrel looks there are
  • vibro swords - not many force users sport them, but there are a few looks
  • assault cannon - my least favorite looking weapon and they are all meh - the NPC cannons look better
  • pistols - below level 48 in particular, they are all toy-like
  • sabers - might as well not be any difference

Disagree about lightsabers, the hilts do make a difference, not game breaking so I'm alright with them being at the bottom, but my sage has one with a big blue crystal as a pommel, and it looks great, especially in cutscenes.

Also the Balmorran Hand Cannons are not toylike, they look like Han Solo's blaster with a huge bit added. The Ancient Blaster Pistol is good too, and looks menacing on my BH.

There are also a few good looking Assault cannons too, but I agree non look quite right.

Edited by AlexDougherty