I personally can't wait until December 23rd

reverendsaintjay

When the grace period runs out and all of these freeloading complainers have to put-up or shut-up.

Let's face it, you aren't quitting the game, you never bought a copy to begin with.

Ditto. Hopefully they wont be able to post on the forums either unless they subscribe.

You're underestimating the willingness of people on MMO forums to complain.

When they shut down the beta forums EVERYONE was saying like "Can't wait til the launch forums.. all these complainers are going away!"

Now people are saying "Can't wait til the grace period ends... all these complainers are going away!"

THEN people are gonna say "Can't wait til the free month of playtime ends... all these complainers are going away!"

Guess what, they aren't going away because the forums will always be the venting ground for the vocal minority, even six months from now.

The people who enjoy the game (like me and many others) will rarely post and mostly be playing the game. Haha.

When the grace period runs out and all of these freeloading complainers have to put-up or shut-up.

Let's face it, you aren't quitting the game, you never bought a copy to begin with.

What are you talking about? There's a lot of game breaking issues, no wonder they'll bleed a lot of subscribers. This comes from somebody who's followed the game closely for years, and love Star Wars Bioware.

Umm...everyone who is playing bought a copy of the game.

Not true.

I could sign in right now and I havent purchased the game yet. I have preorded which required me to only put 5 dollars down. Some preorders didnt require anything down. I still have 2 days to go pick my copy up. (will be grabbing it on th way home from work though)

I agree with the OP. Im sure there will be some players who played for the preorder early access week that wont continuing after the grace period is over for whatever reasons. That just means shorter queues for the rest of us.

Sadly, the first month is free, so many of them will pay their $60 to buy the game, just so they can continue to "stick it to the man" about how this game is bad in threads for the month.

Once the free month is over, that is when the place should clear out a bit.

What are you talking about? There's a lot of game breaking issues, no wonder they'll bleed a lot of subscribers. This comes from somebody who's followed the game closely for years, and love Star Wars Bioware.

Name some of them. Guaranteed, you can still play the game with these so-called issues. Game breaking does not mean what you think it means.

Sadly, the first month is free, so many of them will pay their $60 to buy the game, just so they can continue to "stick it to the man" about how this game is bad in threads for the month.

Haha, just proved my point that I made in my previous post. I wish it were true but the forums are gonna be full of complainers no matter what happens.

I cant wait until January 20th LOL.

You're underestimating the willingness of people on MMO forums to complain.

When they shut down the beta forums EVERYONE was saying like "Can't wait til the launch forums.. all these complainers are going away!"

Now people are saying "Can't wait til the grace period ends... all these complainers are going away!"

THEN people are gonna say "Can't wait til the free month of playtime ends... all these complainers are going away!"

Guess what, they aren't going away because the forums will always be the venting ground for the vocal minority, even six months from now.

The people who enjoy the game (like me and many others) will rarely post and mostly be playing the game. Haha.

As a veteran of 4 different versions of the official WoW forums, I know the truth of your words all too well.

But there's a difference between what someone will say when they have nothing to lose and when they have actual skin in the game. Someone that paid $60 to play will be more mindful of losing forum/game access than someone who's free time runs out on Wednesday.

And for the "they're still paying for early access" argument... Amazon refunded me my money when I cancelled my physical pre-order, so had I not already purchased the digital edition from Origin, I would indeed be playing for free right now.

Same thing people said about pre orders.

Same thing people are saying about launch.

Same thing people said about grace period.

Same thing people will say about the first free month.

Same thing they will say...

You must get the picture by now.

Edited by Tiaa