Alderaan Civil War warzone is to long...

KillaDeuce

see OP edit please:

Winning or loosing it takes way to long to run it's course. There needs to be a deterring factor for the winner/looser that kicks in quicker.

Possibly a timer, not sure how long. The team with most points when time runs out wins.

Use game matrics to get the average length of the warzone and make the timer 5 minutes less from that.

Maybe there's a better solution...

But I don't play this warzone just because of the fact it takes so damn long.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit:

I came up with a great idea due to someone not agreeing with me. I love feedback, even negative!

Increase the rate in which the objective nodes give points. So simple to implement too!

Edited by KillaDeuce

The issue is that the game is winnable until the last moment.

Ending it early could mean the difference between a team fighting back for the "epic win" or hitting a timer and not being able to.

Very very unlikely, but yes this is very true. And thank you for saying it. Made me come up with an even greater more simple fix!

Increase the rate at which the objective nodes give points.

Adding that to the OP.

Edited by KillaDeuce

I totally disagree. If any warzone is too long it's Novare Coast. Both sides get capped quick but then mid can stay open forever if neither team can get it and thus the game goes on forever cuz you need 2 guns to do any damage at all.

I totally disagree. If any warzone is too long it's Novare Coast. Both sides get capped quick but then mid can stay open forever if neither team can get it and thus the game goes on forever cuz you need 2 guns to do any damage at all.

Then go for the other turret. The northern turrets are much closer to eachother than either is to the southern, so you can very well station a mobile defense in the middle of those two to go back and forth where they are needed. This gives a very hectic game, and control may flip a few times, but those games are a lot of fun. Just occasionally "poke" the south turret with 2-3 attackers who just revived to force the enemy to station enough defenders there as well, as their attack force will need more time to reach the southern turret as well while they're up north.

6/2/0 is basically the standard strategy, and it's a very sound one, but it generally results in a standoff on South, because it's the standard on both sides.

2/2/4, 2/3/3 and 2/1/5 are risky alternatives, but they can work out when executed well.

Any strategy mirrored by the two sides when they're of similar player skill/strength results in a standoff, so it's a form of rock/paper/scissors and utilizing your strategy to divide and conquer.

Edited by AsheraII