Best Sentinel Build (PvP)

iheartnyc

Focus is mostly an AoE PvP build that doesn't take much to build and understand. You skill up. Use Power for Augments. Go out there and jump on everything. That's why it doesn't get much talk by real Jedi Sentinel/Sith Marauder players. Its too easy. Watchman and Combat are much more difficult to master and there are massive discussions as to what is the best way to gear up and why. Hence more talk about it.

Focus is mostly an AoE PvP build that doesn't take much to build and understand. You skill up. Use Power for Augments. Go out there and jump on everything. That's why it doesn't get much talk by real Jedi Sentinel/Sith Marauder players. Its too easy. Watchman and Combat are much more difficult to master and there are massive discussions as to what is the best way to gear up and why. Hence more talk about it.

Wrong, in the current state of the game there is no reason to pick combat or watchman over focus apart from in a ranked WZ team for the transcendence.

Focus is the only spec that can at least get damage of vs bubble stun.

I am looking forward to the focus / bubblestun nerf because it will make playing Combat a viable option again.

You know, I really don't get the position that because a certain tree is easy to use and understand that it is somehow inferior to other more complex trees that make you work harder. IMO, it doesn't make you a better PvPer, it just means that you have to jump through more hoops. I see it as a design thing as well. A good spec should be fluid and easy to use. It lets you spend more mental work on understanding the battlefield, other players, and objectives. Even with that said, I also don't think that Focus is a simple "I win" spec as many make it out to be. There is a finesse to the "rotation" that can make the difference with an OK PvPer, and a really good PvPer.

Sure people like to call us Smash Monkeys and the like, but nobody complains about the massive damage we do in both PvE and PvP unless they are on the other side of it. ;)

I am Focus and proud!

So true. I played smash yesterday to change it up a bit, and was bored at how easy it was for me to go through enemy players. And it didn't take any effort at all, just get. 4 stacks through FE, choke, or zen, and spam slashes in between. It's literally easy mode for pvp.

Combat is perfectly viable in pvp...has tremendous burst...and a useful group buff. It's one downfall is you must make sure you stun before you get off your big blade rush > precision > masterstrike > bladestorm combo.

Combat is only viable for better trans. Against a non-braindead enemy, you will get stunned right after you use precision, making your dps useless :)

Combat is only viable for better trans. Against a non-braindead enemy, you will get stunned right after you use precision, making your dps useless :)

In 1v1 yeah, Combat isn't the best.

In a group setting, if you are careful about picking targets (and know when to attack them...i.e., after they've used a stun on a teammate) Combat can be very viable.

Combat is Viable for a lot more than that. Even without precision slash a zen blade rush phase will pressure someone down hard in the 4.5 seconds.

Combat/Carnage is pretty pro.

• 5 months later...