Rakghoul Pandemic Event - Will it repeat this year?

ZeroPlus

They have already said in the first cantina tour that one or both events are coming back. The transcript is on darth hater and no i'm not going to hunt the link down , google is very happy to help you there.

Anyways i hope we get the rakghoul one , if we are only getting one.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

That is strange, because I have never heard any mention about repeating the events.

Having said that, I went over to Darthhater.com and searched their site. Then I used Google to search their site. But I found nothing. (Maybe my search skills just suck.)

Are you sure they stated that the events were coming back?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is true. I looked for the link you allude to and all i could find was this: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22405-community-cantina-tour-austin-notes-and-audio no reference of anything about events.

I don't expect Rakghoul or Chevin events to be repeated, though the Life Day 'event' likely will since it's a holiday not a one time coinsurance in lore. Hopefully next year Life Day will have a real event rather than just vanity items.

I can't see the transcript there , really don't want to listen to the whole thing again. Maybe it was part of some other interview with the devs , but I assure you they did mention old events coming back along with new events for this year 2013. It's going to be really hard to find if it isn't in that November 17th interview. I guess i ill try looking then. Just to note i don't hallucinate SWTOR related information and don't make it up. I can be trusted.

EDIT - I got the wrong interview , it was Dulfy's from the day before nov 16th :) here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=556330

19. With the introduction of the Event Equipment Requisition authorization in the Cartel Market, will we see more frequent world events in the future?

We definitely have more events planned – we plan to introduce several in the next year. We also plan on bringing some old events back, so players should definitely see the pace of events accelerate considerably over the course of 2013.

From Dulfy's interview.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I'm still a little annoyed the chevin event only lasted a week *clipped*

I agree, I think 2 weeks is reasonable for a "limited" event, one week (especially when you have to farm event coms) is a bit short considering most people have a lot going on RL. Having said that I was really hoping the rakghoul thing would become annual, it could pop up anywhere in the galaxy and was a great idea.

You assurance means nothing without proof. I follow the game pretty religiously and don't remember anything like this (but admittedly I have a poor memory).

Yeah I just edited my post as you where posting I realise the community won't listen to just one player , indeed. Anyways it will be a nice surprise for you then.

My honor as a non liar is saved question 19 at the bottom of the OP here :)

19. With the introduction of the Event Equipment Requisition authorization in the Cartel Market, will we see more frequent world events in the future?

We definitely have more events planned – we plan to introduce several in the next year. We also plan on bringing some old events back, so players should definitely see the pace of events accelerate considerably over the course of 2013.

You are all welcome.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the "Rakghoul Pandemic Event" will repeat this year (it happened in April of 2012).

Actually, the question could be extended to ask if the "Chevin Grand Acquisitions Race" will also repeat this year (it happened in August of 2012)?

Anyone know? Maybe someone from the Community Team could check with the Devs if there are any plans to make these events "yearly" occurrences?

Nothing about "yearly" but they told that this events will come again ^^

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the "Rakghoul Pandemic Event" will repeat this year (it happened in April of 2012).

Actually, the question could be extended to ask if the "Chevin Grand Acquisitions Race" will also repeat this year (it happened in August of 2012)?

Anyone know? Maybe someone from the Community Team could check with the Devs if there are any plans to make these events "yearly" occurrences?

I think it would be cool to see it again. There really is no reason there couldn't be another outbreak.

I would love to see it happened on different planets every so often. You would have to go there and for 2 weeks battle the plague in a PVE scenario (with the added PVP element the original event had and the ability to remove the PVP element if you wanted to). Make it interesting for both side.

Hell, I would be ok with it coming back in it's original form just to do it again. It was fun.

BW needs more events that happen randomly on different planets that give us a reason to go back there. I'm not entirely sure a reputation grind is enough but we will soon see.

I'm sure the events will eventually repeat. But the right way for them to repeat is for them to have a different set of rewards available and add a few new missions each time just so loyal players have something to gain by participating again.

I think the game needs to have some exclusives to reward the crowd that sticks around.

I hope they don't just "flip the ON switch". The events need to expand a little everytime they become available. I hope that within another year we have an expanded event going every 8 weeks or so. And I hope they round it out with events on Alderaan, Hoth, & Quesh. Events will probably never happen on Taris or Balmora because of their different levels for different factions. But if each of the current planets that are shared had an event we'd be getting an updated event about every 6 weeks.

That would AWESOME!

I can't see the transcript there , really don't want to listen to the whole thing again. Maybe it was part of some other interview with the devs , but I assure you they did mention old events coming back along with new events for this year 2013. It's going to be really hard to find if it isn't in that November 17th interview. I guess i ill try looking then. Just to note i don't hallucinate SWTOR related information and don't make it up. I can be trusted.

EDIT - I got the wrong interview , it was Dulfy's from the day before nov 16th :) here

From Dulfy's interview.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Thank you very much BadOrb!

I had missed this completely. Thanks again.

To answer the OP, yes, the devs have already confirmed they would like (or just would) repeat the events, and ofcourse add new ones, can't find it right away (i'm at work, can't be scavenging the old posts too long) but it was or in the dev tracker, or in one of the question/interview-rounds.

edit : someone was faster then me and found the actual comment ;) look post above

Edited by Ifrica

Gree event in 1.7 is next. Rather go forward than backwards.

I look forward to it as well, but it would be silly not to repeat certain events, especially when the work and assets are already there to be used. I do agree about what another player said about having different rewards each time, keeps it fresh for the vets.

The Chevins event was used to introduce the Gree? Strange... I thought the Gree were already "known". Republic players even do a whole quest-chain for Gree represetatives on Coruscant (Republic equivalent of the Revan quest-line on Dromond Kaas).

It will be a pity if they don't repeat the events. Not only were they fun, but it would mean that SWTOR has no seasonal events like other MMOs :(. It also makes no sense that they are selling the "event gear unlock" if they don't plan to repeat events...

It would be nice to have an "official" reply to this.

>Implying that an 1/4 of the total population of the entire game has ever played a Republic character

lol

Edited by CaptianFordo

I sure hope it does. Me wants some more of those crystals! Oh and maybe kill a boss or two since I didn't bother last time. And hopefully they will announce it beforehand so I can get the entire group of dailies done cause I liked the look of the gear.

I sure hope it does. Me wants some more of those crystals! Oh and maybe kill a boss or two since I didn't bother last time. And hopefully they will announce it beforehand so I can get the entire group of dailies done cause I liked the look of the gear.

what do you mean beforehand? like to know a week up front that the event is coming?

imo not needed, i noticed it a day too late that the event starte and still finished it all on 3 characters, and got all the stuff i could get.. it's not like the event is too short to get everything done.