Returning Founder

Nyghtfal

Hello, everyone. My name is Matthew Hutchinson, and I'm a Founder.

I canceled my monthly subscription last October.

Last year, after series of re-rolls and experimenting with different classes, I leveled a Sith Warrior to 27 before growing bored with the Empire and the constant headache of deciding just how evil I wanted my character to be.

When I think back on all the TV shows I've watched, video games I've played, and books I've read, any time a bad guy shed his evil ways, he got to enjoy a lot more positive, eye-opening experiences. For example, if Teal'c hadn't turned against Apophus in Stargate: SG-1, he would've never gotten to meet the leader of the Tok'ra resistance he'd been tasked with hunting down and so often failed. If I hadn't chosen to save all the Little Sisters in Bioshock, I wouldn't have gotten to see the terrific ending 2K Games wrote for it. I've never played either game, but last night I watched the Light and Dark side endings for The Force Unleashed and its sequel on YouTube. I much preferred the Light side endings.

I want to enjoy more of those positive experiences myself.

Recently, the urge to roll a Jedi Knight and fight for The Republic became too strong to resist, so I renewed my subscription a few minutes ago and pre-ordered the new Hutt expansion. I'm eager to see what awaits me.

:)

Edited by Nyghtfal

Heh, should have rolled a Sage/Shadow apparently their ds ending is so poor you would never care if you missed it. The Knight meanwhile has one of the better ones.

Anyway, good luck. The Knight is a lot more fun in PvE than PvP for me, but mine is a lowly 26 or so and doesn't have all the utlra smash skills.

You shouldn't feel forced to pick the DS options just because you're playing Sith Warrior. You should only feel forced to pick them exclusively if you want to across as a smashysmash derpy meathead. Much of the time the sensible or clever choices are the LS ones and there's no reason a Sith cannot be sensible. A mix of both kinds of choices makes for the more interesting story. Edited by Pscyon

You shouldn't feel forced to pick the DS options just because you're playing Sith Warrior.

I didn't. I often picked LS options. What was irritating was finding myself in situations where I had trouble deciding between LS and DS options. My ESC key was used a lot during those moments. I knew I wanted my character to be evil, I just couldn't decide how evil. Having DS-dependent gear I wanted to use wasn't helping, either. Speaking of which:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20111221

Edited by Nyghtfal

And here I completely forgot to say welcome back. Welcome back!

I didn't. I often picked LS options. What was irritating was finding myself in situations where I had trouble deciding between LS and DS options. My ESC key was used a lot during those moments. I knew I wanted my character to be evil, I just couldn't decide how evil. Having DS-dependent gear I wanted to use wasn't helping, either. Speaking of which:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20111221

Ah yes. Playing with mixed choices does make it hard getting to the higher tiers of the alignment bar. And as the comic illustrates pretty well, it's indeed a problem from time to time. It pretty much forces you to grind the alignment, which is very bad design. I completely understand people not wishing to do that, even though I put in the effort myself... which turned out to be pointless when I crafted myself an artifact level relic way better than the Light V one just a couple days after hitting Light V. Gah.

Better luck with your JK!