I Hate It When BW Dresses Me!

Josewales

Been back to SWTOR for a few weeks now after a very long afk....and damn I forgot how ugly some of the armor is in this game. Especially endgame sets. Most peeps look like a bunch of skittles or Walmart specials! So....instead of minor stat bumps (in the big picture) from augments, why not use augments for set bonuses and let folks wear the groovy threads. And at the same time promote endgame economy via enhancements.

I though this game is suppose to bring out the e RP in all of us? And I am a pvper for 13 yrs and even myself wouldnt mind to be groovy with the eye candy.

All PVE gear Campaign and above, and PVP gear War Hero and above have the set bonus on the armoring. Enjoy.

...although that doesn't help if you're new to Level 50 and having to work your way through Tionese and Columi to get there.

Agree with the OP. Having to choose between looking like I want my characters to look vs. the bonuses for dressing in the crap available to newer 50's irks me as well.

If you're at the Tionese/Columni stage: just rip the mods out of as many pieces as you can, maintaining only the setbonusses you REALLY want to keep.

For example, the 2-piece setbonus on the Shadow/Assassin tank set is one you want to keep, the 4-piece you can do without.

So you wear as few of those pieces as possible, first piece to go would probably be the chestpiece, and it won't even cost you your setbonus.

After that usually the legs and either the boots or the gloves. Hide headslot so you can ignore the helmet without replacing it.

Put the mods you ripped out into some more acceptable orange gear, unify color to chest, and you're good to go.

Edited by AsheraII

• 2 weeks later...

That's the first thing I did was strip the free gear when I hit 50 with my new main.. Meh I can live without the 7 energy on a CD. But the pvp gear...oh well.

Rift has costume mode...hint hint nudge nudge. But then it will feel like CoX turning gear into enhancments.

Anyways not cool.

...although that doesn't help if you're new to Level 50 and having to work your way through Tionese and Columi to get there.

Agree with the OP. Having to choose between looking like I want my characters to look vs. the bonuses for dressing in the crap available to newer 50's irks me as well.

All my characters are side lined because of that. I dont want to have to wade through 2 tiers just to do ops in the gear i want. So i shall wait until level 55 before going back to ops.

The amount of time it takes to gain black hole coms is nothing any more. You can gain enough gear to run an operation in maybe 3 weeks (or less). You can hide the helm - so thats 1/4. Hands hardly have any impact 2/4. then choose between legs/body or feet

You will be out of tionese/columi in no time.

If you are a solo player - don't bother with set bonus' if the gear is that offensive. You can get mods/armorings/enhancments crafted at (63) level which will allow you to gain Campaign items from EC HM with relative ease.

You only need 4 of the five Tionese/Columi pieces to get the 4 piece bonus (if its really something you want to have) so yank the mods out of the chest, choose an orange or purple chest you really want to be wearing and color match. Boom, a whole new outfit.

Seriously, ToR offers a great way to put your character in the gear you like to look at instead of the gear that has the best stats. And it's not even that expensive even while leveling.

The amount of time it takes to gain black hole coms is nothing any more. You can gain enough gear to run an operation in maybe 3 weeks (or less).

Just a note that 3 weeks for you could be 2+ months for someone else depending on available play time they have. It takes me 3 months to hit 50 on a toon. Let alone how long it took me to get geared on my first 50.

This is just wrong. You no longer need the set bonuses to gear up, its only really an issue if you want to hardcore raid in which case every little bonus becomes important. At 50 get your free Tionese and wear as many pieces as you want. Put the mods in other gear that you do like the look of. Get some Black Hole gear and transfer the mods over. That is more than enough to do HM FPS and SM KP and EV. Out of the Tionese/Columi/Rakata sets you should be able to find 2-4 pieces that look ok if you do want the set bonuses. Just by doing HM FPs, weeklies in Black Hole and Section X and a few SM OPs runs for weeklies I was able to gear up my main in full BH in about a month.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins