Current TTK

UGLYMRJ

Heh funny!

EAware won't do what either of us suggests anyway, so let's just agree to disagree and call it day. :)

This is why the game and any MMO is a constant balance of keeping the masses happy. We all have a different perspective of what's acceptable, right, wrong and logical.

Perspective is what makes any of this impossible and no MMO will ever be able to keep EVERYONE happy. There are just too many variables that can be percieved a thousand different ways.

So in short... yes, agree to disagree.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the TTK in this game is too fast. I understand that it's a delicate balancing act, but BW already has the universal variable of Expertise they could tinker with to dial DPS down a tad.

Would also like to see CC reduced some, say with the introduction of an anti-cc consumable or a reduction on everyone's CC breaker cd. That would bring more defensive cooldowns into play and give players more options.

Just a couple minor tweaks in those ways and combat would be a lot more fun.

Problem isn't the low TTK- problem is giving some DPS specs the ability to survive 15 seconds on average while killing in 7 seconds on average- and another being able to survive 7 seconds and taking over 15 seconds to kill on average.

Most games, you have to sacrifice mitigation for damage- this game, they put the best mitigation with the best damage, and the worst mitigation with the worst damage.

Result? The latter classes aren't welcome in RWZ- which means those classes of course are going to ask for the TTK in normals to be looked at since that's all that exists for those classes.

Would also like to see CC reduced some, say with the introduction of an anti-cc consumable or a reduction on everyone's CC breaker cd. That would bring more defensive cooldowns into play and give players more options.

I prefer increasing the cooldown on hard CC rather than decreasing the the cooldown on the cc-break or introducing an anti-cc consumable.

The other tool available is tweaking resolve. E.g. it could have a progressive decay so that if you get someone to 98% resolve, that will take longer to clear (assuming no more stuns) than 2 * 49% resolve. Of course you could also make the resolve immunity longer. Keep the current linear decay but make it slower, et cetera.

What do you think about mezzes? E.g. would you recommend increasing the cooldown on hard stuns but leaving mezz cooldowns as they are?

The interesting WZ uses of CC are:

1. delaying approach to an objective (offense and defense)
  2. burning a player down (2 knights/warriors coordinating hard stuns)
  3. delaying entry into the main combat

For #1, AoE stun is the most useful (offense node capping). I think #1 makes the game interesting.

#3 I'm thinking of single target mezz of a respawn player (e.g. tank or healer) who is away from the main combat so our team can burn the other enemies down faster. Does this use make the game better or worse?

I suspect most people hate #2 the most as that is the one that sends a newly respawned player back to spawn without having used a single attack.