Rename Comps

Kraith

Nope, and it would probably be hard to make that work in any expansions where they'd like to expand on the companions. They did actually mention wanting to do so. So I wouldn't ever expect any such feature.

Maybe something to give them a callsign, like Jaeesa "Sithbo" Wilsaam or M1 4X "Fornax", so the developers could at least leave those out during conversations, while their usual name would still be displayed so you won't forget what they were originally called, to prevent any confusion that could arise. However, other people could then see your companion named by their callsign, instead of their true name.

Still, I wouldn't get my hopes up of that ever happening.

what would you like me to explain?

I get it would cause problems, but having it where you can rename them woud only be cosmetic for appearances...not changed their base name id's....almost like titles for main toon.

Edited by Kraith

what would you like me to explain?

I get it would cause problems, but having it where you can rename them woud only be cosmetic for appearances...not changed their base name id's....almost like titles for main toon.

These aren't throwaway pets from some other MMO (well maybe C2 is, but his stupidity can get endearing after awhile. Ok so maybe it can't, but I digress). These are developed characters with their own wants, opinions and identities.

These aren't throwaway pets... These are developed characters with their own wants, opinions and identities.
This.

These are living, breathing characters within the game world and not some creature you caught in the wilderness and trained to follow you around like a puppy.

However, that being said, it'd be nice if we could rename our vanity pets.