is this build viable ?

sponym

I read a lot on forums and created a build with focus / vig like 0/12/29 (maybe someone created it before - i think yes)

is it viable ? what was my purpose ? i wanted to have unremitting with focus build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500ZcGM0MZrrRrzfMdc.2

and the second variation:

4/12/25

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MMZcGM0MZRrRrzfMd.2

can it do or mixing up like this doesnt make sense ?

i was thinking mainly for PVP

Edited by sponym

I read a lot on forums and created a build with focus / vig like 0/12/29 (maybe someone created it before - i think yes)

is it viable ? what was my purpose ? i wanted to have unremitting with focus build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500ZcGM0MZrrRrzfMdc.2

and the second variation:

4/12/25

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MMZcGM0MZRrRrzfMd.2

can it do or mixing up like this doesnt make sense ?

i was thinking mainly for PVP

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500ZfMMZrMMrdfRrcz.2

there is 1 leftover point that u can put where u pls.

thats what i use anyways.

fun fact tho, force exaustion will add atleast 100k to your dps when you learn your rotations.

unrementing is not worth giving up force exhaustion.

Edited by dufox

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500ZfMMZrMMrdfRrcz.2

there is 1 leftover point that u can put where u pls.

thats what i use anyways.

fun fact tho, force exaustion will add atleast 100k to your dps when you learn your rotations.

unrementing is not worth giving up force exhaustion.

Yes, you lose out on overall DPS, but it allows you to win a lot more smaller fights due to being able to just dump on people with CC immunity and 20% damage reduction. I have played a variant of this spec in regs, and can actually get similar numbers (and still top DPS) to full Focus due to having better up time and being less reliant on heals. With that said, it isn't the greatest spec in rateds due to it's inability to provide consistent pressure in a high healing environment.

Edited by Andrew_Past

Yes, you lose out on overall DPS, but it allows you to win a lot more smaller fights due to being able to just dump on people with CC immunity and 20% damage reduction. I have played this spec in regs, and can actually get similar numbers (and still top DPS) to full Focus due to having better up time and being less reliant on heals. With that said, it isn't the greatest spec in rateds due to it's inability to provide consistent pressure in a high healing environment.

well said

Why would you take the skill that reduces the pushback on stasis by 100%?

Isn't stasis either (a) interrupted, or (b) not? There's no channel knock back, right? It's just stopped.

Or, does this skill give you 100% chance to be uninterruptible during a stasis channel?

Why would you take the skill that reduces the pushback on stasis by 100%?

Isn't stasis either (a) interrupted, or (b) not? There's no channel knock back, right? It's just stopped.

Or, does this skill give you 100% chance to be uninterruptible during a stasis channel?

No, it doesn't. Reducing pushback on stasis is a very lack luster talent which should be ignored.

My variant of this sort of build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500zZfor0MZGMRrzfMdc.2

Free blade storm is incredibly useful, especially for Focus which allows you to proc it every blade storm. Even a 50% chance to get it is more useful than anything else you could do with that one talent point.

Edited by Andrew_Past

Force Stasis suffers from pushback. If you get hit while you are channeling it, you're going to lose 1 tick out of the 3 total, which is why it's actually generally recommended to take it, especially if you're not taking Force Exhaustion.

Force Stasis suffers from pushback. If you get hit while you are channeling it, you're going to lose 1 tick out of the 3 total, which is why it's actually generally recommended to take it, especially if you're not taking Force Exhaustion.

If you're fighting more than one person, Stasis is going to be more likely interrupted. So pushback is a moot point. There a much better talents in the lower end of the focus tree than something that will probably get no use anyways. And if it does, it will be once a minute max for very little benefit.

Edited by Andrew_Past

If you're fighting more than one person, Stasis is going to be more likely interrupted. So pushback is a moot point. There a much better talents in the lower end of the focus tree than something that will probably get no use anyways. And if it does, it will be once a minute max for very little benefit.

It depends how you're speccing for that hybrid. I have one that takes Shien form along with Unremitting, so I skip all the Shii-cho talents, meaning the no pushback on Stasis is one of my best options left (not to mention its extra important you don't get pushback on Stasis when its one of your only 2 ways of generating Shockwaves when you lack Crush).

That said, that hybrid is only really going to give you mileage in a PUG of medium skill. If you're facing bad players you're better off full Focus spec for more damage, if you're facing good players you won't be able to put enough pressure for Unremitting to matter that much, its just good against the average folk, the ones smart enough to pick up Bubble Stun but dumb enough to not really know what they're doing or play as a team.

Of course if you're going full Focus spec this is all a moot point, and I agree, skip the no pushback on Stasis talent, since most of your Shockwave generation will come from Crush or Combat Focus.

Edited by wadecounty

To the OP, I have been running the 0/12/29 build for months and it has been great for me. Although instead of Visionary I just put that point into Insight as I rarely have focus issues. Unremitting combined with Zephyrean Slash to lower Sweep cool down really makes you mobile and able to spam your sweeps. Unremitting is particularly effective in Voidstar and Huttball while being great for non zerg scenarios. It is also useful in focusing healers and avoiding the initial stuns.

I attempted the build with Shien form but then you are trading 3% increased damage (Shien) for 3% dmg reduction (Shii-Cho) as well as Zephyrean Slash and Shii-Cho Mastery which is huge.

I agree with the above posters on not putting your points into the force stasis upgrade. As Andrew said, in groups you will get interrupted anyway because they know a Smash/Sweep is coming and want to reduce your Singularity charges.