The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Harvest by Joe Schreiber

merkahba

I don't know if there is thread on this yet but here goes. :rak_02:

How about a Flashpoint based on the force sensitive Murakami Orchid that formed the base for the Sith Zombie virus? You could also have the some other examples of the Netti species like Dail'Liss. Also there could be examples of the Sith and Jedi Agricultural research like M.A.R.T.H.A. from the aforementioned novel.

It could be one of the flash points were both side work together to defeat the force sensitive hive mind of the Murakami virus. With separate lead up missions you might even consider it as one of the future expansions like The Cartel Pack. If you were to explore this avenue you could create the Sith training world that was infested by them. You might even go so far as to have separate quests one where the Jedi preserve the Murakami Orchid maybe to the point of a ship item, and for the Sith the preservation of the Plague with a corresponding ship item. Thus explaining the sample that the Imperials of Han Solo's smuggling days recovered.

With the love affair that the world currently has with Zombies and seeing how it doesn't seem to be waning it would make a great selling point for the game for the WoW and CoD markets, especially if it is worked into the main storyline of The Old Republic seeing as Joe Schreiber set his story only a few years before The events of The Old Republic.

Indeed, but I have to say that the virus that Joe came up with is truly unique and because of how the Orchid is still alive inside the virus you can have a light or dark side choice of making it grow or eradicating it. Yes there are plenty of zombie-like creatures, but none of Star War's true zombies, the zombies that can be argued to have breathed new life into the franchise and helped to raise it to it's current level of renewed pop cultural acceptance. That and the awesome parties thrown by Vadar's Fist if I do say so myself. :rak_03:

I'd like to see Odacer-Faustin as visitable to explore rather than just a flashpoint. Freely traverse the ice world and locate the old sith academy and Darth Scabrous' secret laboratory. Edited by Vitas

I'd like to see Odacer-Faustin as visitable to explore rather than just a flashpoint. Freely traverse the ice world and locate the old sith academy and Darth Scabrous' secret laboratory.

That what I would hope they would do in a perfect world, but I doubt they would unless they make it as an expansion. They could also add an area in the Temple on Tython for the agricultural lab.

I cast my vote for this. As a fan of the idea behind Sith Alchemy, I'd absolutely love to see the results Scabrous' undead after two years isolated from the galaxy. Imperial motivation for investigating Odacer-Faustin is fairly obvious, given the fact it was the site of a Sith academy. Trouble is motivation for the Republic to go there....

That what I would hope they would do in a perfect world, but I doubt they would unless they make it as an expansion. They could also add an area in the Temple on Tython for the agricultural lab.

It could be a dailies world like Varl and Lehon may be in the coming months but hopefully presented as a visitable world through the galaxy map.

There are many other worlds like Odacer-Faustin which the Sith Empire would take a keen interest to set-up base, unlocking many secrets which the Republic would intervene in order to stop any advantage the Sith would gain in defeating them. Worlds like Ziost, the Home, Oricon (which I believe we'll get to visit in an upcoming flashpoint), Kalakar Six, Yavin 4, Yavin 8, Malachor V's remains, Dxun, Prakith, Rhen Var, Thule, Volik, Khar Delba, Khar Shian and Corbos.

Red Harvest also revealed Endor as having a secret Republic Bio-lab, a perfect oppertunity of making it explorable. Still any world like Odacer-Faustin would simply be a great addition to explore.

I don't know if there is thread on this yet but here goes. :rak_02:

How about a Flashpoint based on the force sensitive Murakami Orchid that formed the base for the Sith Zombie virus? You could also have the some other examples of the Netti species like Dail'Liss. Also there could be examples of the Sith and Jedi Agricultural research like M.A.R.T.H.A. from the aforementioned novel.

It could be one of the flash points were both side work together to defeat the force sensitive hive mind of the Murakami virus. With separate lead up missions you might even consider it as one of the future expansions like The Cartel Pack. If you were to explore this avenue you could create the Sith training world that was infested by them. You might even go so far as to have separate quests one where the Jedi preserve the Murakami Orchid maybe to the point of a ship item, and for the Sith the preservation of the Plague with a corresponding ship item. Thus explaining the sample that the Imperials of Han Solo's smuggling days recovered.

With the love affair that the world currently has with Zombies and seeing how it doesn't seem to be waning it would make a great selling point for the game for the WoW and CoD markets, especially if it is worked into the main storyline of The Old Republic seeing as Joe Schreiber set his story only a few years before The events of The Old Republic.

Great novel!!!

I like your idea... a lot! I can see a whole new planet expansion in the horizon!!! Planet quests, a couple of flashpoint and a final new operation!!!

I cast my vote for this. As a fan of the idea behind Sith Alchemy, I'd absolutely love to see the results Scabrous' undead after two years isolated from the galaxy. Imperial motivation for investigating Odacer-Faustin is fairly obvious, given the fact it was the site of a Sith academy. Trouble is motivation for the Republic to go there....

How about the fact that both Jedi and Republic Troops would like to prevent the Empire and Siths to get their hands on the alchemy that was able to raise an army of force sensitive soldiers!!!