The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Server possible?

gvettekill

Been on Harbinger and I only know of 1 rollback and only several times where the server crashed, and no lag 99 percent of the time, so overreacting on a small percentage of issues is no reason to suggest adding a new server.

I have no toons on Harbinger but I can think of at least 2 rollbacks and 3 crashes vs almost no problems with other mega servers. Something is definitely wrong with that server, I feel for you guys.

There aren't really any low pop servers anymore. Jung Ma, the lowest population server is alive and healthy, ...

Might wanna broaden your horizons. Take a trip to the APAC PVP server, the only sounds on some planets are the wind and npcs talkin to each other.

Yes, the APAC servers are Physically located in Australia

See this post by a Yellow : Asia Pacific Servers

So, someone from the US wouldn't want to start up there.

Heck, I live in Asia (Tokyo, Japan) and my connection is better with the Servers in the US, than with any APAC servers.

This is because there is only a thin Internet Backbone between Japan and Australia.

See this chart (very small pic) : http://techntrek.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/2251608508_5b44eaeb7a_b.jpg which shows the undersea cables between the various continents/Islands.

I come from the harbinger server and there is constant lag and roll backs because of the influx of players for some reason (ftp?). Any chance we can merge two low populated servers and create a new one? (PVP server please!)

I don’t understand your post. You’re talking about problems on the harbinger server but then you talk about a new PVP server? The harbinger is a PVE server, if you want PVP server why haven’t you moved to a PVP server?